• Views 7,188,797
  • Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

kallekall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you updated from v3.0, maybe the path is only checking the SD card.
Go to settings > user path >
GameCube Main Path : set this one to USB1:/games/
GameCube SD Path : set this one to SD/games/ (it's already set, it's the default path).

The main path is the one used to dump a game disc to drive/device.
By default on 3.0 it's set to SD card (the same as SD path). If you want to use USB as "dump place", you could change it manually.

On newer revision, I've placed the "main path" to usb1 by default. (for users without a config file, or if you reset the config file in the settings)

This was the solution! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It can now see the games and play Super Mario Sunshine! (Now I just have to make it play Skies of Arcadia Legends as well :D )

Edit: Got Skies of Arcadia Legends working by setting DML Video Mode to "Use Game Settings".

un4gettable47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you updated from v3.0, maybe the path is only checking the SD card.
Go to settings > user path >
GameCube Main Path : set this one to USB1:/games/
GameCube SD Path : set this one to SD/games/ (it's already set, it's the default path).

The main path is was the one used to dump a game disc to drive/device.
By default on 3.0 it's set to SD card (the same as SD path). If you want to use USB as "dump place", you could change it manually.

On newer revision, I've placed the "main path" to usb1 by default. (for users without a config file, or if you reset the config file in the settings)
and now it's asking where to dump disc (sd or main folder).

Hi. No games show up for me when I use the folder that goes into apps within USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip along with the latest boot.dol file r1215. USB Loader GX is loading SD Card rather than HDD or it's not initialized. I also have the DIOS MIOS 2.10 wad installed (the proper one, not lite). And I checked the settings quoted and they were already as such. Wii games and GC games were checked. So do I need something else for this Loader to work? CFG Loader (mod) recognizes both GC an Wii games from HDD and plays them just fine?

Here is an elaboration on my issues: Messy though: http://gbatemp.net/threads/i-need-h...on-how-to-hack-your-wii-i-am-so-close.352464/

kallekall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have your each game in their respective folder path \games\GAMENAME [GAMEID]\game.iso ?

Also, did you find the settings where you select the path to the games in USB Launcher GX?

un4gettable47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have your each game in their respective folder path \games\GAMENAME [GAMEID]\game.iso ?

Also, did you find the settings where you select the path to the games in USB Launcher GX?

ohh ya, I already fixed this. The cIOS and such were to old. I installed the d2x v10 beta53alt wads, then USB Loader GX could use my HDD with both GC and Wii games. But I will stick with CFG Loader neways. Thanks for the response :)

*removed link*

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Try with d2x v9 or v10-alt if you didn't. I don't know if Hubs are supported, nor how they work. I never tried one.

EDIT: I installed d2x v10-alt beta53, still it doesn't see the HDD, rolling back to my old cIOS v10 :P.

Not a big deal, is just my hub works flawlessly with wirless keyboard, WiiSpeak, pendrive devices, so I don't know why it doesn't work with my HDD.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Ok, I did more test, it happens that WiiXplorer only see the hub->HDD through IOS58, so I think there's some limitation with cIOS (d2x normal/alt, 202 Hermes) regarding hubs, it also explain why devices that uses official IOS58 works just fine.

I guess I'm out of luck trying to load UBGX off IOS58 right? Would be possible use for example a cIOS as base 58?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yes, you can use a cIOS with a base 58.
It has a little less speed than base 56, and some games won't work. You will have to test them to see if it works or not.

You're right, just test Arc Rise Fantasia and it doesn't boot, what happen if I force problematic games to use 249(base 56), and the rest 251(base 58)?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
You're right, just test Arc Rise Fantasia and it doesn't boot, what happen if I force problematic games to use 249(base 56), and the rest 251(base 58)?
You can always test it and see but if GX can't see the HDD with one IOS then I would have doubts that the game will be able to see it with that IOS as well.

You COULD also try a cIOS with base 57 (250?) since that's what's used for games with USB microphones and instruments and I know that at least the games themselves can see those instruments through a hub just fine.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You can always test it and see but if GX can't see the HDD with one IOS then I would have doubts that the game will be able to see it with that IOS as well.

You COULD also try a cIOS with base 57 (250?) since that's what's used for games with USB microphones and instruments and I know that at least the games themselves can see those instruments through a hub just fine.

Thanks for the tip, I will try with base 57, my main problem isn't the instruments in-game peripherals, I'm more worried about free up usb ports on Wii U, that's why I bought the hub (Y cable uses 2 ports), now I wanted get rid off at least the Y cable, because my currently setting is a mess of cables XD. Problem is only IOS58 seems to work with my HDD (at the moment).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the WiiU has 4 USBports, isn't that enough?

The USBLoaders are using only 2, but all 4 are working (and support could be added).
Though, I don't know if Wii games are compatible with front port for instruments.
You could connect the Y-cable in one of the front if you want to use both back ports for HDDs.
edit: ah, you want to get rid of the Y-cable, so it's not a good suggestion I gave you

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the tip, I will try with base 57, my main problem isn't the instruments in-game peripherals, I'm more worried about free up usb ports on Wii U, that's why I bought the hub (Y cable uses 2 ports), now I wanted get rid off at least the Y cable, because my currently setting is a mess of cables XD. Problem is only IOS58 seems to work with my HDD (at the moment).
Something else you can try, instead of putting the y-cable into two ports, you could plug the 2nd plug into one of those USB phone chargers like this
201210181920460.jpg
ipad-usb-charger.jpg

and that SHOULD give it the extra power it needs without the need for the hub. It still doesn't exactly solve your "mess of cables" but it's worth a try if it end up being more compatible.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Something else you can try, instead of putting the y-cable into two ports, you could plug the 2nd plug into one of those USB phone chargers like this and that SHOULD give it the extra power it needs without the need for the hub. It still doesn't exactly solve your "mess of cables" but it's worth a try if it end up being more compatible.
It's a similar setting I have, I guess Y is my only option.

EDIT: Base 57 won't work =(

mmnin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ISSUE: The USB Loader GX initialization gives me the "Exception (DSI) Occurred! GP...." screen followed by Stack Dump and then Core Dump and then "Reloading in 20 seconds" which sends me back to homebrew.

Hi. I have a decent collection of GC and Wii games that I thought would be nice to put on a harddrive to save some space. So I loved when a friend showed me the USB Loader GX. I modded my outdated Wii to consolidate my collection and help my discs not get damaged, formatted a small harddrive to Fat32 and WBFS, and everything had been working wonderfully. I just downloaded a new Loader GX theme for it a few days ago. The developers did an amazing job. I even checked out other loaders like Wiiflow, which I like that you can see the back of the boxes on but isn't near as clean.

Yesterday though, I bought a new 32GB microSDHC card to make room for apps and media files. When I transferred the old SD card files to this new card and used homebrew everything worked fine: Wiiflow (gamecube titles), media players, etc. I also deleted the now useless Check Mii Out, Mii Vote, Forecast, and News channels using WiiModLite v1.3 in the system channels folders since the News and Forecast channels wouldn't go away by deleting from the system menu. I streamlined my homebrew by deleting the loaders I didn't like: USB Configurable Loader, NeoGamma, etc. Finally, I updated the photo channel to 1.1 and downloaded the Youtube channel. But when I started the USB Loader GX, it gave me that "Exception (DSI) Occurred! GP...." screen followed by Stack Dump and then Core Dump and then "Reloading in 20 seconds" which sends me back to homebrew.

I'm on Wii system menu 4.3, using the 215 beta revision of the Loader GX so that the gamecube games will work. I did an IOS check using syscheck with no errors. What is interesting is now not only will the 32GB card not work, the original 2GB microSD card no longer works with the original files. I saw in another thread a suggestion to rename the games folder, to test if a game file had become corrupted, but the USB Loader GX does not work even with the USB harddrive not connected at all. It never searches for the harddrive, just the same "Exception (DSI) Occurred!" screen. I reextracted the original files for revision 215 to make sure the USB Loader GX files were not corrupt, no luck. I did get the Loader GX to work one time since all of this. One time. It was using the old 2GB microSD card and using the 249 version of the 215 revision, which I've usually been using 250, but it never worked again. Suggestions?

I know that my cIOS 222 and 223 are v.4 instead of current, however when I attempt to use the cIOS 222 installer as suggested by other sites, none of my controllers work to follow the steps to reinstall or update those cIOSs.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. you can see the back of the boxes in USBLoaderGX too:
Target a game and press 1 (or 2) on wiimote, it will open the Game info window. If you downloaded the "3D Cover" (low quality or, High quality recommended) you can click on the Game box to get a 3D you can move/rotate/zoom.

Did you try to reset the configs ?
Delete (or move) all the .cfg files, maybe the .bin and wiitdb.xml too.

mmnin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan,

When I get it working, I will try viewing the back of the box. I didn't know. Thanks. :)

I moved the .cfg and .bin files in the config folder for GX. Same result. I couldn't find any wiitdb.xml file. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k