• Views 7,225,146
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's strange. Now I can't get USB Loader GX to see the drive at all. I've also been noticing that when quitting a game and then re-running the Configurable loader, the drive can't be found sometimes. There is a USB 2.0 interface available for the drive. I'd just hate to buy it and find out it doesn't solve the issue.

Cyan said:
I don't think there's something specific for USB3.0.

Dexter helped debugging it, but maybe there's again a new hardware revision, or a timing, or cIOS, etc.
Try with another cIOs (hermes v5.1, or Waninkoko rev21 (not d2x if you are currently on d2x))
You should see with Dimok if trying a different cIOS didn't help.

I have the CIOS versions that ModMii does by default.

222 base 38 v5.0 modmii
223 base 38+37 v4 (r4)
224 base 57 v5.0 modmii
249 base 56 r21-d2x-v3 modmii
250 base 57 r21-d2x-v3 modmii

QUOTE(Cyan @ Apr 15 2011, 04:19 AM) Do you have an usbgecko?
It helps debugging it.

No, sorry.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I installed Hermes 5.1 in slot 222 using base 38. I set USB Loader GX to use 222. It still won't load games.

I did some more troubleshooting. The drive can be seen and run a game (using a different loader), but subsequent attempts to access the drive will fail. You need to power down/up the Wii for the drive to be available again.

EDIT: I got the drive to keep working after a reset with Configurable Loader! I'll post a thread about it in case anyone else runs into the issue, but I still can't get it to load a game from USB Loader GX. Also, USB Loader GX can't initialize the drive the second time, so the fix doesn't work for this loader. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot, but I don't have a Gecko unit.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know what I could suggest for you to try.

Maybe try an older GX revision.
First try 2.0 instead of 2.1 (the EHC module has change (r1058, r1075), mostly to allow dual USB port at the same time with Hermes cIOS)
Then you can try the one just after adding support for USB3.0, when Dexter helped Dimok to support that drive (maybe r1009 ?)

Is it a Wii powered drive, or it has his own power source ? (I guess big drives have their own, so it shouldn't be a problem)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just a problem I've noticed on my wii, that other users don't seems to have :
When I use the option to read from both USB ports, my drives go to sleep 5 seconds after the port reading, even when I set them to sleep = never using the brand tools.
I tried both Hermes v4 and 5.1, it's still shutting down.

I don't know why my USB ports are going to sleep, when other users are not reporting this problem.
Maybe it's only on very old wii ? when switching ports the wii is shutting down the power ?

You are using only Port 0, right ?
verify that your settings aren't set to read both.
Is your wii a launch day too?

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
just a problem I've noticed on my wii, that other users don't seems to have :
When I use the option to read from both USB ports, my drives go to sleep 5 seconds after the port reading, even when I set them to sleep = never using the brand tools.
I tried both Hermes v4 and 5.1, it's still shutting down.

I don't know why my USB ports are going to sleep, when other users are not reporting this problem.
Maybe it's only on very old wii ? when switching ports the wii is shutting down the power ?

You are using only Port 0, right ?
verify that your settings aren't set to read both.
Is your wii a launch day too?

I have an older Wii since I can install BootMii from boot2. (It's not "launch day" though.) I always use port 0 and I deleted the USB Loader GX settings, so 0 should be set. (That's the default, right?)

What brand of hard drive is this? Is the enclosure stock or did you put a HD in a third party enclosure?

EDIT: BTW, the loader channel that ModMii includes can't find my hard drive either. Curiously, the USB Loader GX loader finds it (the first time).

I know what's going on now... The drive can be read the first time the Wii boots and can load whatever is on it using USB Configurable Loader. USB Loader GX can read the drive, but the game won't start. If I quit the game and go back to the menu, the drive can't be initialized by the loader channel that ModMii includes or USB Loader GX. If I attempt to run the loader installed the drive's FAT32 partition through the Homebrew Channel, it will work, but the HBC has a slight delay bringing it up indicating it takes a little longer than usual. If I put Configurable USB Loader on a SD card, the channel will run it from the card successfully. Configurable gives a "retry" message, so it's obvious that it's having problems mounting the drive on the first attempt, but is successful on the second.

I wonder if the problem with USB Loader GX is that maybe it's losing the drive when it runs the game and doesn't attempt to remount?

locomia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello people, I hope you are well

I am having a little trouble, and did not read the whole topic, so I´m sorry if it was already responded.

I´m trying to install the USB Loader GX forwarder channel, via wad manager 1.7, and I am getting the ret :-1022 error.

I´ve just installed successful both the CFG USB loader and Black NeoGamma R9b47 forwarders at the same way. The error just occurs when trying to install the gx channel. It´s not a BIG problem, since I can run it through HBC, but if could help me with this it would be appreciated. The system menu version is 4.1E. I do have ios58 installed.

ps.I also have some apps on my SD called priiloader, hackmii, ioscheck, etc. but no longer remember if how to use them or IF I already installed them, since I´ve downloaded them more than 1 year ago to try to correct stuff w/ some game..

Posts merged
hdhacker said:
I just tried to use a new Seagate GoFlex drive with the USB 3.0 attachment. The drive is read by USB Loader GX just fine, but starting games leaves you with a black screen. Configurable USB Loader works. The drive is formatted FAT32.

Is there anything I should try or is this drive incompatible?

well, I use the same Seagate GoFlex drive (1TB w/ USB attachment) and it´s working fine to load games through gx 2.1
european wii, latest hbc, system menu 4.1e

i also downloaded and installed ios58, which is to do with usb 2.0, but it was already working well before I install it...

hope have helped

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
locomia said:
hello people, I hope you are well

I am having a little trouble, and did not read the whole topic, so I´m sorry if it was already responded.

I´m trying to install the USB Loader GX forwarder channel, via wad manager 1.7, and I am getting the ret :-1022 error.

I´ve just installed successful both the CFG USB loader and Black NeoGamma R9b47 forwarders at the same way. The error just occurs when trying to install the gx channel. It´s not a BIG problem, since I can run it through HBC, but if could help me with this it would be appreciated. The system menu version is 4.1E. I do have ios58 installed.

ps.I also have some apps on my SD called priiloader, hackmii, ioscheck, etc. but no longer remember if how to use them or IF I already installed them, since I´ve downloaded them more than 1 year ago to try to correct stuff w/ some game..

Posts merged
hdhacker said:
I just tried to use a new Seagate GoFlex drive with the USB 3.0 attachment. The drive is read by USB Loader GX just fine, but starting games leaves you with a black screen. Configurable USB Loader works. The drive is formatted FAT32.

Is there anything I should try or is this drive incompatible?

well, I use the same Seagate GoFlex drive (1TB w/ USB attachment) and it´s working fine to load games through gx 2.1
european wii, latest hbc, system menu 4.1e

i also downloaded and installed ios58, which is to do with usb 2.0, but it was already working well before I install it...

hope have helped

Use cIOS 236 or cIOS 249 to install forwarder Channel

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I am having problems running Def Jam Rapstar NTSC on my PAL Wii! Game initially worked using any CIOS but had to use 224 for my mic to be recognized. Now after playing and coming back to the game it won't run and resets GX back to the HBC. At this point no cios works but when I go to settings and restore default settings the game works under CIOS 222. But as the mic doesn't work must get 224 working again.

I want to reiterate that the game worked perfectly the first time but now doesn't run at all.

Tested game on CFG and it works with 224.

Any help would be appreciated as GX is my main loader!

tempsto

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Just installed everything, got this up and running very nicely.

One question I had that I really cannot find the answer to is whether there is any way I am able to use the save files from the disk games I already have played with USB Loader GX?

Thanks in advance for the help.

EDIT: right well I'm an idiot, didn't realise that it did it automatically haha

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
IceIceBird said:
davebaol: maybe an easy function for saving savegames to SD/USB instead of the limited real nand could be added in the future, so the usb loaders could implement it easier. Sure it already can be done by using the nand emulation, but as said most of the usb loaders don't want to look in to it. So if there was an easy function for this in the cIOS maybe they will add it then
wink.gif
The only one I know of is uLoader that suport it at the moment.
Hmmm, at first glance it seems not very hard to implement since it's a small subset of emunand, but I could be wrong.
However I'm not sure that usb loader developers are interested in integrating this feature.
And I wouldn't spend my spare time to implement features whose nobody cares about.
Maybe a poll could tell us more about that. I'll let upon you.

Is this something that would be integrated with the loader if he did it?

The poll

xGRUMPYx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using neogamma R8, IOS249 (REV 19) but im still havin problems installing USB Loader GX, what causes for the usb loader channel not to install?? other wads do install but not this one can anyone help? am i suppose to install something else also??? BTW i use Multi-Mod-Manager v13.4

UVERoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
simplephilistine.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else get a code-dump when switching through games while on the disc view?

Two other simple questions are - How do you view the 3D covers, is there some kind of 3D view on USB Loader GX? And I'm getting "cannot open wiitdb.xml" error when trying to view details.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The 3D covers are on the "game details" view. (press 1, or on the game disc view, click on Game details). then click on the 3D box to zoom/rotate.
You need the "FULL HQ/LQ cover" first, download them by clicking on the cover box (on the list view), or press 2.

About the wiitdb.xml, you must download it (or update it, if you updates GX from an old revision) by going to settings>update>Wiitdb
Then check in the settings>GUI, that "use Wiitdb" is enabled.

I don't know about the code dump on game change on disc view, I don't have this problem.
What revision are you using ? (2.1, r1080, another one ?)
which cIOS + base ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if it's rev21, it should work.
If it's rev21 d2x v3, it's not working, you need GX r1080

Edit : Ah yes, never use Base 58.

why did you chose 58 over the other one ?
Every tutorial says 38, 56 or 57.

38 : old one, good for a lot of games except the one listed bellow, slower USB access than 56 and 57. can also install wads with older wad managers.
56 : faster IOS, needed for music games/monster hunter tri. Works for everything but Call of Duty.
57 : little slower than 56, needed for Call of Duty. works for everything but the one listed above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: How are you