• Replies 29,363
  • Likes 48

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't the option to update to the latest Beta revision now useless?

Since USB Loader GX v2.0 has been released, there have been no "official" Beta revisions released via the in program option to update to Beta revisions. The Betas have only been released via Mediafire links in the Issue 1769: [BETA] Official beta test issue thread for new SVN builds on the Google Code page. The question arises "Are in program Beta updates going to be available in the future?"

If there are no plans in continuing in program Beta updates the option should be removed to avoid confusion over an abandoned setting.

-[]D

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dimok said:
Like tueidj said only up to 2TB size or driver sector 4294967295 (max 32 bit number), since than the 32bit limit is reached AND you can only access the first 2TB of the drive. You can't access any partition behind the 2TB limit. That is a limitation in all current wii implementations as far as i know.
Yes, the READ16/WRITE16 scsi functions (instead of READ10/WRITE10) can overcome this limitation since they allow the sector number (LBA) to be specified using 64bits. I'd do it myself but I don't have a 2+ TB drive to test with. Once those functions are in place it should be fairly easy to modify the filesystem libraries (although care should be taken to make sure performance doesn't suffer, gcc isn't too fond of 64-bit ints).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
PPSainity said:
Isn't the option to update to the latest Beta revision now useless?

If there are no plans in continuing in program Beta updates the option should be removed to avoid confusion over an abandoned setting.
The beta option is already removed in the current beta revisions.
it's still present on 2.0, but it won't work. It will just disappear by itself after the next official release, users will think either there weren't any beta, or they just updated a beta and not an official.
No problem in that
tongue.gif

Jimpex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have some issues when updating from GX1019 to GX1060.
I made a "clean" update (deleting old config files and old boot.dol). The loader starts properly, all games were listed (after editing the loacation in the settings)

I tried some games to load (DKCR, Wii Sports Resort, WiiParty) but just a blackscreen is showing up.
The game "Indiana Jones and the staff of kings" starts without problems.

After playing a bit with the settings i figuerd out that changing the "alt-dol" method from "default" to "off" helps for DKCR and WiiParty. WiiSportsResort doesn´t want
to start at all. Playing with the new "IOS58" setting does not help either (with IOS58 on the Loader itself starts a bit quicker...)

When i switched back to Rev1019 everything works fine...
So i guess there is something wrong in the new revision of GX.

Any ideas??

kind regards
Jimpex

Edit:

After re-installing GX1060 and deleting all the config i figured out that "IOS58:on" is causing the trouble. Now everything works fine, except that the "country settings: disc default" doesn´t work like in Rev1019 but setting to "force PAL 50" does the trick...

Is there a way to set "IOS58: on" AND the games are loading??
With "IOS58:on" then Loader starts much more quicker...

karamatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,
I have just upgraded to 2.0 - I have it on my SD, while games are on USB HDD.
When I try an go to settings\custom paths, all of my paths have switched to USB8:\etc. - instead of SD\etc. Trying to edit the setting, I get "ERROR"
This is also reflected in the fact that when I try and download covers, it says it can't find the path.

Everything worked fine with the old release....

help!

k

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
karamatic said:
Hi,
I have just upgraded to 2.0 - I have it on my SD, while games are on USB HDD.
When I try an go to settings\custom paths, all of my paths have switched to USB8:\etc. - instead of SD\etc. Trying to edit the setting, I get "ERROR"
This is also reflected in the fact that when I try and download covers, it says it can't find the path.

Everything worked fine with the old release....

help!

k

Just open the config file with notepad and edit the paths.
Global.cfg or something like that.

Jimpex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don´t know if this "issue" was allready be mentioned:

When you use 2nd controller in GX u can not use the "+" and "-" buttons like on 1st controller.
On 1st controller you can scroll while holding "+/-". With the 2nd controller it only goes one step left/right
and you have to press it again to go further. So no scrolling is possible with 2nd controller...

karamatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Kittymat said:
Delete ALL your configs and let GX create them again, they have all moved and should be in the apps/usbloader_gx folder not the config folder

There was no config file on my SD, neither in the root nor elsewhere! this made me think the issue could be in the SD itself - this was also suggested by a strangely long time in "initialising SD card" upon USB Loader GX startup.
So I just changed my SD and everything worked again. I wonder why the previous version of USB loader GX didn't suffer the same issue, on the same SD!

thanks,

k

karamatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried to install the forwarder, apparently with success. USB Loader GX is now among my channels, but when I clik on it, after a while I get back to the Wii menu.
I placed the boot. dol in the right position (\apps\usbloader_gx); the wad file I used is the latest one, just downloaded together with USB Loader GX 2.0, and I installed it with WAD manager 1.7

?
thanks

k

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's explained in the file decription (you have to click on the filename, not the arrow).
(it's not written in the one without ahbprot, but why would you use an old one?)

Forwarder channel to load boot.dol from SD or USB (FAT32 or NTFS partitions)
Checking paths:
:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
:/apps/usbloadergx/boot.dol

To use this channel you need to have IOS58 installed.[/p]

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
return to loader doesnt work for me.

i have the latest non beta of usbloader gx, the official forwarder tho i havent updated that im sure since i first installed usbloader gx.

my apps and everything are on sd card, games are on fat32.

when i click on 'return to' it gives me half a dozen options, kittykat helpfully told me the right one was UNEO so i select that. however it still returns to the wii menu.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Doing that is only half the job.

When you set "globally" the return to : UNEO, then you still need to verify that the games you are launching don't already have a saved setting with return to "nothing" set before modifying the global setting.
either check the games one by one or delete the game settings.

Selecting UNEO is only if you are using the forwarder + boot.dol
if you are using the full Channel, then select ULNR.

theskid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have the black screen problem went back to r938 and i still have the black screen problem
wiiflow is working fine
wtf is wrong with usbloaderGX
here are my IOS's from syscheck (by the way where can i check that i have the latest ios's and that all are correct e.g trucha bug ect)
im on 4.2E

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 10): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 269): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 520): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 257): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS16 (rev 257): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 775): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 12): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 782): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1037): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1550): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3091): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3348): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3351): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 6174): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6687): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS248 (rev 21): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS249 (rev 21): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 21): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

L4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have u tried to changing the loader setting to to see if can boot any games or the black screen to go away?
Also try deleting GX config file to see if it helps.

I'm runing cios 21v2 with forced 60 with no probelms ao far with any GX ver 2+

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Cyan said:
Doing that is only half the job.

When you set "globally" the return to : UNEO, then you still need to verify that the games you are launching don't already have a saved setting with return to "nothing" set before modifying the global setting.
either check the games one by one or delete the game settings.

Selecting UNEO is only if you are using the forwarder + boot.dol
if you are using the full Channel, then select ULNR.

cheers cyan, but i set it globally to UNEO, i see then its changed to some long hex name, i select a game, the settings for that game show the same long hex, and whether i press reset or wii menu from the home button it restarts the wii.

it is a forwarder, ive tried the forwarder i had which must be the official one, then i moved from the sd card to the drive and used the forwarder that mod mii installed. still no joy.

Freek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this probably isnt the place for this type of post but i didnt want to make a new post for it

i want to say a huge thanks to the dev's of USB loader GX v2 for their work...i had purchased a new external HDD about 6 months ago and since then i was never able to get the original GX to work with that HDD...it would see the games but just load to a black screen with all of them...so in the end i had to use CFG as wiiflow didnt work either on this HDD

so i havent been around the wii hack scene for a while and i came and checked up on things today and saw that there was a new GX...i was excited to try it out and see if it worked...and it DID!! not a single issue...all games load perfect

so keep up the great work guys/girls on GX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch