frown.gif

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
no you can still change it, when your in the sound menu in the options area, if you click on the first option on the list (says Default), it will let you change the bg music from Default, to any file on your HD

QUOTEYeah, I told you in the sound menu, which is located on the first settings page.
It is set to "default" music. just click that line and it will allow you to load any supported audio file.
To go back to default background music, just click on the last option in the sound menu.

Thank you both! I'll check it out now and see what happens. It's nice to see you can pick any custom music file from your device now.
smile.gif

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been switching between r899 and r1010 and decided to update and use v2 r1038 and now GX won't load ANY games.

Now I have to start the hunt for versions between 1010 and 1038 for the last one to work lol FUN
smile.gif

I've tried iosx v21 on 56, 57 and 58 and no games will load (even if I set global to 222 v4 they will start to load but hang.). I went back to ciosx v20 [57] because that is what was working on GX r1010 - it still works on r1010 but still nada on r1038. Something drastic must have been changed between the way games are loaded on r1010 and r1038

I still have hermes 222 v4, 223 v5.1, 224 v5.1. Am using a 2tb drive with 960 games with a FAT32 boot partition and the rest NTFS.

Forgot to mention - when I try to load a game it hangs for a bit then returns me to homebrew chan.

doncaruana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
Been switching between r899 and r1010 and decided to update and use v2 r1038 and now GX won't load ANY games.

Now I have to start the hunt for versions between 1010 and 1038 for the last one to work lol FUN
smile.gif

I've tried iosx v21 on 56, 57 and 58 and no games will load (even if I set global to 222 v4 they will start to load but hang.). I went back to ciosx v20 [57] because that is what was working on GX r1010 - it still works on r1010 but still nada on r1038. Something drastic must have been changed between the way games are loaded on r1010 and r1038

I still have hermes 222 v4, 223 v5.1, 224 v5.1. Am using a 2tb drive with 960 games with a FAT32 boot partition and the rest NTFS.

Forgot to mention - when I try to load a game it hangs for a bit then returns me to homebrew chan.

I would recommend going to the released 2.0 (r1037) first. You need to delete all your config files and just start over unfortunately.

I have it on 4 different wiis now with ntfs, fat32 (x2), and wbfs. All the ios you mentioned work fine with gx 2.0.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
msgid "300 - list layout search btn pos x"
msgstr ""

msgid "320 - list layout search btn pos x widescreen"
msgstr ""

msgid "13 - list layout search btn pos x"
msgstr ""

Is this a typo? If so the SVN should be updated.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doncaruana said:
dexter222 said:

smile.gif

I would recommend going to the released 2.0 (r1037) first. You need to delete all your config files and just start over unfortunately.

I have it on 4 different wiis now with ntfs, fat32 (x2), and wbfs. All the ios you mentioned work fine with gx 2.0.

I couldn't find an r1037 but did find an r1039. It works fine up to and including r1035.

Edit: I installed the new forwarder and 1038 works when loaded from the forwarder but NOT from homebrew...
That's odd... I must have missed something somewhere lol.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PrimeTime 84 said:
I love to use the shortcuts to homebrews and channels on GX, but I have a request: is possible to make shortcuts to Disc Channel and SD Card Menu?

Thanks for the awesome loader!! =)
you know you can load a disk by hitting the little picture of a disk in the top right on the main screen, which makes a shortcut to the disk channel somewhat pointless.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Dexter :
Revision >2.0 are now using IOS58 as base instead of a cIOS, and uses AHBPROT to access nand and DVD.

Which HBC version are you using ?
If you have HBC1.0.7+, you can set the tag in your meta.xml to enabled ahbprot, or boot just from the forwarder. (but AHBPROT is not required as I can run it from HBC1.0.6, it's only to access DVD and read nand titles).
Maybe IOS58 can't mount >1TB drive ? But you said it's working with the forwarder, so I'm not sure.
I guess you will have to see with Dimok again.

PrimeTime 84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
person66 said:
PrimeTime 84 said:
I love to use the shortcuts to homebrews and channels on GX, but I have a request: is possible to make shortcuts to Disc Channel and SD Card Menu?

Thanks for the awesome loader!! =)
you know you can load a disk by hitting the little picture of a disk in the top right on the main screen, which makes a shortcut to the disk channel somewhat pointless.
Isn't the same thing if you use some original games, like Metroid Prime Trilogy, that does not load properly using this function even with an original disc.

EDIT: well, I was wrong. The last time I tested the disc loader for MPT (long ago) I needed to use the alt dol crap, but tested now and worked just fine.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
r1044 is now altDol+ compatible (with .wdm files).

1. Set the wdm folder (default is sd:/wdm/)
2. go to a multi-dol game, and on the alt dol option select "list on gamelaunch" instead of "Select a dol from game" or "Load from SD/USB".
3. boot the game, and it will list all the alternative .dol found on the disc. (it doesn't show main.dol, only the other dols)
If there's a matching .wdm filename, it will be loaded to replace the .dol name with user-friendly names, like "main menu" "Chapter 1" etc.

Improvement from using altDol+ :
• Sam&Max season 1 and season 2 are now working.
• Metroid Prime Trilogy is booting in 480p (I don't know if it was already fixed in previous release)

Few more fixes and features were added, like use of IOS58 is now disabled by default, a new option to fix FAT32 file system (loader settings menu), games marked as new are considered favorite.
Read the changelog for informations.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The wdm files are provided in neogamma download.
but you can create them yourself.

1. the filename can be either ID6 (R3MP01.wdm), ID4 (R3MP.wdm) or ID3 (R3M.wdm)
advantage of the ID3 is that it works with all regions (PAL/US/JP)

The content is a simple text file, with each line = a new command
line can be commented with #
The format was created with sub-menus in mind, but it was never used, so I'll skip the explanation for that line.

format :
Header (number of menu)
menu 1
menu 2
menu 3
etc.

Each menu is set on 4 lines :
1. not used (it was the submenu)
2. Title text to show on the menu
3. dol name (without the extension)
4. parameter (default is 1. Only sam&max need it)

ex. for redsteel, RED.wdm
Code:
#red steel
Red Steel
redsteel

1 = the header, telling that only 1 item/menu will be display
0 = this line is skipped
Red Steel = the text which will appear instead of the dol name
redsteel = the dol name to replace (redsteel.dol)
1 = default parameter

Here is one for Metroid Prime Trilogy :

#Metroid Prime Trilogy
Main Menu
main
Metroid Prime 1
rs5m?1_?
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
rs5m?2_?
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
rs5m?3_?
the "?" replace any character. as PAL version is rs5mp1_p.dol, and US version is rs5me1_e.dol, so this single .wdm works for every region.

And for Sam & Max 1 and 2
#Sam & Max Season One
Main Menu
main
Episode 1
main
Episode 2
main
0x21
Episode 3
main
Episode 4
main
Episode 5
main
Episode 6
main
Tutorial
main

Reactions: Ryccardo

Wiirdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using USB Loader GX for many months without any problems. I have it as a channel and I load it from there.
I didn't even know there was an update until I got the message today when I loaded USB Loader GX.
So I chose to update (although I was thinking "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"), it downloaded the file (a .wad of around 6MB) and then installed it.
After that it said that it will restart. Well it didn't. I got to watch my black TV screen.
I had to reset my Wii and now unfortunately I cannot load USB loader, although the channel still exists.

I then tried something else. I downloaded the 2.0 .wad put it in a SD card and used my WAD manager to install it. However I got an error message (-2109 -1209 or something like that).
What can I do now? Is there any way I can just return to my old version?
I think I got most of the current IOS, because I can play games from my HDD which I've seen people struggle with.
What options do I have now?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiirdo said:
I've been using USB Loader GX for many months without any problems. I have it as a channel and I load it from there.
I didn't even know there was an update until I got the message today when I loaded USB Loader GX.
So I chose to update (although I was thinking "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"), it downloaded the file (a .wad of around 6MB) and then installed it.
After that it said that it will restart. Well it didn't. I got to watch my black TV screen.
I had to reset my Wii and now unfortunately I cannot load USB loader, although the channel still exists.

I then tried something else. I downloaded the 2.0 .wad put it in a SD card and used my WAD manager to install it. However I got an error message (-2109 -1209 or something like that).
What can I do now? Is there any way I can just return to my old version?
I think I got most of the current IOS, because I can play games from my HDD which I've seen people struggle with.
What options do I have now?

The new channel and forwarder use IOS58, make sure you have that. If you really want to go back, all you have to do is obviously download an old version, however your problem is probably solvable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu