Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cyan said:
the common bases are :
Hermes v4 [37+38]
Hermes v5 (all of them)
cIOSx : 37, 38, 56 (Other bases are not really needed.)

Problematic games usually require a base 37+38 for music games and Monster hunter tri.
Only 1 game (which I know) need base 56 : Arc Rise Fantasia
AFAIK brand new games like "Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.2" and "Call of Duty: Black Ops" require ciosx base 57 but, sorry, I didn't test them with usbloader gx yet.
Anyway I'll test them ASAP and report back here.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have them to test it myself, but that's right, I saw a lot of topic recently about "what cIOS for CoD?".
Tell me if it doesn't work with common base and/or old cIOS (v4, rev17?), that will help me provide help to other.

Which IOS does the game require officially (not the custom one)?

Edit :
in the CoD release thread, there's this :
So from USB:

[57] Rev 19 - Works
[56] Rev 20 - Not working
[38] Rev 4 - Not working
[38 & 37] Rev 4 - Not working
[57] Rev 5.1 - Not working

[57] Rev 5.1 - Works with force NTSC on wii 4.2E
[57] Rev 19/20b - Works with force NTSC on wii 4.2E[/p]

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
About hermes v4 and wanin rev17 with gx r874 (last officially stable release IIRC) both games freeze on start up.
I'll test r997 with newest cios asap.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyan said:
I don't have them to test it myself, but that's right, I saw a lot of topic recently about "what cIOS for CoD?".
Tell me if it doesn't work with common base and/or old cIOS (v4, rev17?), that will help me provide help to other.

Which IOS does the game require officially (not the custom one)?

Edit :
in the CoD release thread, there's this :
So from USB:

[57] Rev 19 - Works
[56] Rev 20 - Not working
[38] Rev 4 - Not working
[38 & 37] Rev 4 - Not working
[57] Rev 5.1 - Not working

[57] Rev 5.1 - Works with force NTSC on wii 4.2E
[57] Rev 19/20b - Works with force NTSC on wii 4.2E[/p]
I bought the disc retail, and ripped it to a WBFS drive using the Wii. I was able to run it fine using default settings, no need to force NTSC, using cIOSx Rev20 with an IOS57 base. It would freeze at black loading screen with an IOS56 base. Mind you, I do have an NTSC (USA/CAN) based Wii so that might supersede the need to force NTSC...

As far as I can tell, the game officially runs off IOS57

-[]D

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys. I really enjoyed usb loader gx. Had no problems with it till Cod: BO. The game should be working with cios 250 (57). But it just stays frozen.
Too bad that I had to switch over to cfg to solve the problem =/
Both use same settings and someone it just stays frozen for usb loader gx.

I will switch back in the future if its fixed
smile.gif

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah same here. I cannot get the PAL version of Black Ops to run on GX even with Ciso rev20 and base 57 in slot 250.

It does work with CFG USB Loader but only with Cios 224 5.1!

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Black ops works just fine from UsbLoaderGX
rev938 cios249base56 hermes 222 base 36/37 v4, 223 base57 v5
had problems with Global cfg here is a copy of a working cfg just copy and paste it into wordpad and save as GXGlobal.cfg and put it in your config folder.
im booting the loader with cios249 and running game with hermes 223 base 57 v5

# USB Loader global settings file
# Note: This file is automatically generated
video = 1
vpatch = 0
language = 0
ocarina = 0
hddinfo = 0
sinfo = 2
rumble = 1
volume = 80
sfxvolume = 80
gamesoundvolume = 80
tooltips = 1
password =
sort = 0
fave = 0
cios = 0
keyset = 0
xflip = 0
gridRows = 3
qboot = 0
wsprompt = 0
parentalcontrol = 0
cover_path = SD:/images/
cover2d_path = SD:/images/2D/
wtheme_path = SD:/wtheme/
disc_path = SD:/images/disc/
language_path = notset
languagefiles_path = SD:/config/language/
TxtCheatcodespath = SD:/txtcodes/
titlestxt_path = SD:/config/
gamesound = 1
dolpath = SD:/GXDOLS/
ogg_path =
wiilight = 1
gameDisplay = 0
update_path = SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/
theme_downloadpath = SD:/config/themes/
homebrewapps_path = SD:/apps/
Cheatcodespath = SD:/codes/
BcaCodepath = SD:/bca/
WipCodepath = SD:/wip/
titlesOverride = 1
patchcountrystrings = 0
screensaver = 3
musicloopmode = 1
error002 = 2
autonetwork = 0
discart = 2
partition = 0
marknewtitles = 1
fatInstallToDir = 0
partitions = 0
fullcopy = 0
beta_upgrades = 1

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
r997 didn't recognize the drive. With the forwarder it simply stalled at the "Loading..." screen. When 997 was loaded from homebrew it simply counted down. Drive is 2tb with a small FAT32 boot partition and the rest NTFS with a little over 900 NTSC-U games on it. Drive works with r899 (nothing after). I deleted config files, installed Hermes 222 V5.1 and cIOS 249 rev 20.

R1000 has the same apparent problem with large drives.

nimbulan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping somebody can help me here, I can't get USB Loader GX to work at all on my Wii. I have a freshly softmodded 4.2U Wii (I used ModMii to do it yesterday) with a FAT32 hard drive. Here's my experience so far:

r938: Lists 0 games (I have 8 on the hard drive at the moment).
Use the integrated updater, not sure what rev it brings me to: Lists games, but attempting to launch one just gives me a black screen and I have to manually power down the Wii.
r883: Lists 0 games again.

The Configurable USB Loader works perfectly, but I like the interface on USB Loader GX much better so it would be nice if I could get it to work.

Does anyone have any ideas or possibly a link where I could download a .dol for a newer version to try out?

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
nimbulan said:
I'm hoping somebody can help me here, I can't get USB Loader GX to work at all on my Wii. I have a freshly softmodded 4.2U Wii (I used ModMii to do it yesterday) with a FAT32 hard drive. Here's my experience so far:

r938: Lists 0 games (I have 8 on the hard drive at the moment).
Use the integrated updater, not sure what rev it brings me to: Lists games, but attempting to launch one just gives me a black screen and I have to manually power down the Wii.
r883: Lists 0 games again.

The Configurable USB Loader works perfectly, but I like the interface on USB Loader GX much better so it would be nice if I could get it to work.

Does anyone have any ideas or possibly a link where I could download a .dol for a newer version to try out?
938 works just fine look up the page at my earlier post copy the gxconfig i pasted into it and place it in your config folder on sd card
make sure you have cios249 rev 20 (i use base 56 and i use it to load usbloadergx) hermes cios222 36/37 v4 and cio223 base57 v5 all these cios's work very well for me also install cio236 for wad manager

Silver01

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi my new here and i have a very important question

So i have some cool move swap and texture hack for ssbb but these are for NTSC brawl and i have a PAL one
frown.gif
. I downloaded the NTSC brawl for my HDD.

My question how can i do texture hack with usb loader GX? For ex what kind of folder i need to work this texture hack?
biggrin.gif

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
petspeed said:
r938 needs Hermes cIOS v4 to work with FAT32 drives afaik. Maybe you are using another cIOS?
I've got the same issue as nimbulan. cIOS r19, Hermes v4 and all that. 4.2E softmodded (and hardmodded). GX won't see any games on my FAT32 partition. Is there a precompiled binary of a more recent revision I can use? I'd love to toy around with my Wii again, but I'd really like to use USB Loader GX with that, and not some crappy-GUI other loader.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
the common bases are :
Hermes v4 [37+38]
Hermes v5 (all of them)
cIOSx : 37, 38, 56 (Other bases are not really needed.)

Problematic games usually require a base 37+38 for music games and Monster hunter tri.
Only 1 game (which I know) need base 56 : Arc Rise Fantasia

um i played arc rise fantasia and beat using a base of 57 so the game doesnt need 56.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yeah, bases 56 and 57 are often interchangeable but base 57 seems to be the only one can support brand new games like CODBO.

nimbulan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
938 works just fine look up the page at my earlier post copy the gxconfig i pasted into it and place it in your config folder on sd card
make sure you have cios249 rev 20 (i use base 56 and i use it to load usbloadergx) hermes cios222 36/37 v4 and cio223 base57 v5 all these cios's work very well for me also install cio236 for wad manager

Well after autoupdating to r938 I have a game list again, though still unable to launch. I think the original version I downloaded must not have actually been an older one. Your config is identical to mine other than a few custom paths you set so it didn't help either. Here's my current setup:

cios222v5 base 38
cios223v4 base 37-38
cios224v5 base 57
cios249v20 base 56
cios250v20 base 38

Is there really a need to change the base IOS on the Hermes cIOS's? I've been using cIOS 249 for everything with no problems at all. So far USB Loader GX has had the same black screen failure launching a game with cIOS 223 and 249.

Kawaii-Tora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well i have compiled r1000 today and everything is running well so far.
just one thing still interests me. r1000 shall have USB loading support for GC games (or is it just a kind of aprils fool because of the revsion #?) if not how do i get my original games on my FAT32 drive too?
or does it work with ISOs only?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only if you send him feet