• Likes 47

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, use hermes v4 instead of v5, and cIOS rev17 instead of 20b.

V5 support is removed since r931, due to partition corruption when using ntfs with USBloaderGX.
It will be added back (and corrected, don't use 931) in the next official release.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you need to compile these yourself.
you must know what you are doing, because each version includes changes which can makes the loader not working anymore. almost everything is being rewritten.
so, you won't get any help, either you know how to, or you wait.
there's also no user support for these revisions.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan you seem to be the man to ask
smile.gif

What is the latest GX that supports NTFS? I still have two NTFS archive drives that I only connect to the Wii for art updates. I currently use GX r899 for those drives (which works fine under either Hermes 222 r4 OR cIOS 249 rev 17 with a small fat32 boot partition).

I tried 938, 931 then 930 and they all crashed. Without trying them all, do you know if there's a version of GX between 899 and 930 that's compatible with NTFS, Hermes v4 and/or cIOS rev17?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It should work with r930 and hermes V4.
If it doesn't, you can try revisions range from 921 to 930.
Someone else tested it for me (few pages ago) and said r930 was working.

At which step does it crash ?
- Loading the .dol and before the menu appear : any text or error before the code dump?
- on the menu while trying to list games
- when you run a game : check the individual game setting if the IOS is correct, or delete the individual setting.

Verify that your NTFS is an active partition and primary (not part of an extended partition).
Is there 1 or more NTFS partition ? (I think I read an issue when trying to access the 2nd partition when they are of the same type)

Try deleting (or renaming) your Global config file, to reset the chosen partition.

Let me know of the results, I'll try to help more depending your answer and the error.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I wasn't more specific. It gives an exception error loading the dol - it never gets to the menu. I've deleted the config files.

Primary partition - one NTFS partition. Again, this all works great on r899. Are 2tb drives mostly NTFS with a small fat32 first partition for boot and covers.

Edit - I ran extensive testing and can show the step by step results but it boils down to USB Loader GX r899 is the last compatible version that will load games from an NTFS partition using Hermes 222 V4 on my configuration. It could be with smaller partitions than 2tb that aren't loaded with so many games there may be a working solution. It's moot as a single fat32 partition running r938 (latest?) is the way to go for most people
smile.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the HDD size is too big, I think I read size issues on google code issues reports.
But you say that 2Tb NTFS is working with r899 ?

If that's the case, then something could have change and made big drive not working anymore ?

ps3sucks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a question about applying Hook types while loading certain games so that the game will allow you to use Wiird codes. Is there any way to change the hooktype? For example, I cannot use codes with Call of Duty because the hooktype is not set to "OSSleepThread".

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyan said:
I think the HDD size is too big, I think I read size issues on google code issues reports.
But you say that 2Tb NTFS is working with r899 ?

If that's the case, then something could have change and made big drive not working anymore ?

It was when they switched to Hermes usb storage code in r914 that caused the problem with the loader not recognizing drives over 1.5TB.

I'm not sure if it works with WBFS partitions (are there even 1.5-2TB of Wii games in existence anyway?) but FAT32 and NTFS partitions cannot be loaded since that change.

The code in loaders that still work with drives >1.5TB (such as CFG loader) match the usbstorage.c which was switched for usbstorage2.c in r914.

I'm not sure exactly what caused the incompatibility but I think it's something in the new method.

QUOTE(dexter222 @ Oct 29 2010, 09:42 PM) Sorry I wasn't more specific. It gives an exception error loading the dol - it never gets to the menu. I've deleted the config files.

Primary partition - one NTFS partition. Again, this all works great on r899. Are 2tb drives mostly NTFS with a small fat32 first partition for boot and covers.

Edit - I ran extensive testing and can show the step by step results but it boils down to USB Loader GX r899 is the last compatible version that will load games from an NTFS partition using Hermes 222 V4 on my configuration. It could be with smaller partitions than 2tb that aren't loaded with so many games there may be a working solution. It's moot as a single fat32 partition running r938 (latest?) is the way to go for most people
smile.gif

That is odd... My 1.5 and 2TB drives work with all revisions up to r913. Though I'm using FAT over NTFS.

Edit: It seems it may be a problem with the NTFS code in r900 since the NTFS write support was added.

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. I have been stuck on r899 for a long time. Hopefully this will get ironed out with an update. I know some work has been going on with rewriting but no public compiles have been posted yet.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have been wondering. Most people are using cios rev 17 because 20 doesnt work well.
But somehow rev20x is working perfectly for me with base 56. =O

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody managed to get Dragons Lair Trilogy to work? I'm getting a blue screen and an errorssaying wrong region or something like that (yet all my other games are fine)??

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused...

The OP says you can load games from USB HDD with FAT32, but when I load up USB Loader GX, it tells me no wbfs partition found, and it asks me to format. Huh?

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GeekyGuy said:
I'm confused...

The OP says you can load games from USB HDD with FAT32, but when I load up USB Loader GX, it tells me no wbfs partition found, and it asks me to format. Huh?

Yeah fat 32 works fine. But there needs to be a map in the root called wbfs.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
GeekyGuy said:
I'm confused...

Yeah fat 32 works fine. But there needs to be a map in the root called wbfs.

As in a folder named wbfs? If so, there is already a folder by that name I created where I placed a test wbfs file (Golden Eye 007, which worked using CFG USB Loader).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: they had crash and spyro