icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Devil May Cry said:
Alright, everything seems to be in order for me right now. I do have one last question though:

I plan to use a large HDD sometime in the future. When I get one, I'll most likely rip my backups and use those ISOs. Is there a way to make those ISOs into wbfs files that are like those ripped with GX? I mean relative to size. For instance, Wii Play was around 100 MB. Can I make a 4.37 GB ISO into a 100ishMB wbfs file? Thanks for all your help guys/gals.
Use wiibackup manager.

You can find the thread for it in this forum.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me. I am trying to use a Fat 32 hard drive with only one partition. All the games boot up to a black screen. When I use 2 partition it works fine. So any ideas what I am doing wrong.

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
Devil May Cry said:
Alright, everything seems to be in order for me right now. I do have one last question though:

I plan to use a large HDD sometime in the future. When I get one, I'll most likely rip my backups and use those ISOs. Is there a way to make those ISOs into wbfs files that are like those ripped with GX? I mean relative to size. For instance, Wii Play was around 100 MB. Can I make a 4.37 GB ISO into a 100ishMB wbfs file? Thanks for all your help guys/gals.
Use wiibackup manager.

I've looked through it but I don't really see how it's detailed. I've converted wbfs files to ISO files before and I can assume it's the same thing but the other way around. What I want to know is whether this is all done behind the scenes or if I need a another program to make the wbfs as if it just held game partitions and not all partitions.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Devil May Cry said:
I've looked through it but I don't really see how it's detailed. I've converted wbfs files to ISO files before and I can assume it's the same thing but the other way around. What I want to know is whether this is all done behind the scenes or if I need a another program to make the wbfs as if it just held game partitions and not all partitions.

Look in the options of wiibackup manager theres an option to keep game partition only or whole game ext...

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Devil May Cry said:
icpmattj said:
Devil May Cry said:

Use wiibackup manager.

Sounds like you should switch to Cfg Usb loader, its much better than GX. And yes you should use Wii Backup Manager to rip ur games to WBFS files. Plus a PSP mem stick is not ideal for this.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Even though wiiplay is a 4.37gig iso, on a ntfs drive it will only take 100megs up.My wbfs folder is 844gigs, yet space on disc is only 395 gigs, makes it so much easier when i need to do something, isos are there ready (do hsve exactly the same stuff on wbfs partition too)

Mithie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sigh I thought I had gotten everything working (USB GX loaded 1 game from the external harddrive fine), but when I transferred all my games (about 20-ish) to the harddrive, they won't load any more. Even games that worked fine before on the memory stick, won't load when they're on the external harddrive. Does anyone know what could be wrong? I'm defragmenting my disk right now just in case that might be the problem.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
it could be incompatible hard drive, it could be it needs a defragment (not likely), or it could be that u used a shitty laptop to transfer the games from one drive to the other, and it did a shitty job. I've seen this happen to a friend of mine, and in the end we determined his laptop was too shitty to use to transfer games, instead we used my more powerful desktop. What brand/type of hard drive are u trying to get working?

Mithie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The hard drive worked fine earlier with only 1 game (but on second thought, I'm not sure if I had it formatted in FAT32 or WBFS when it worked).

I'm using a Western Digital Essential Edt. 500GB hard drive, and I'm transferring from my desktop computer, which worked fine for transfering games onto the memory stick.

Edit: Defragmenting didnt do anything, I still only get a black screen when I try to load any game.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
that's the same drive I have and it works fine... so i'm not sure why your drive is being picky...

I've never had to play with these settings but I've heard some people report u may have to format the partition as primary and/or active for it to work (I did not have to do this... but maybe it will solve ur problem, try different combo's of active/primary until u find one that works... unless some1 else knows better)

Mithie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
xflak40 said:
that's the same drive I have and it works fine... so i'm not sure why your drive is being picky...

I've never had to play with these settings but I've heard some people report u may have to format the partition as primary and/or active for it to work (I did not have to do this... but maybe it will solve ur problem, try different combo's of active/primary until u find one that works... unless some1 else knows better)

Is your drive also formatted as FAT32? What rev of the loader are you using? I've got 899 and using IOS 249.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lol, i'm glad u told me that, I have an easy fix for u.

yes, i'm fat32, I'm actually using cfg usb loader (I was using GX up until a few months ago).

But for fat32 to work, u have to use cIOS222v4(38) or cios222v5(38 or 57)

and for games that use peripherals (like guitar hero), use cIOS223v4(37+38) or cIOS223v5(37)

if u already have these installed, just go to the settings in GX and change it to use cIOS222 (if u don't have it installed, install it then change the settings)

Mithie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Awesome, thanks. I tried to change it to cIOS222 in the GX settings, but when I tried to load a game I still got the same black screen. No change whatsoever.

How do I know if i have cIOS222v4(38) or cIOS222v5(38 or 57) installed? I've installed a few a long time ago, but I don't remember which ones. I'm just happy I got it working with my memory stick.

Where can I get the cIOS I need?

Edit: I also noticed that I could select a hard drive partition at the settings - Can I simply try to split the hard drive into 2 partitions again, format it into WBFS and select the second partition inside USB GX?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
well if it was awhile ago u def don't have v5, because that's only been out for a week or 2.

u can check what versions u have by using sign check (which is also included in dop-ios mod)

u can always just reinstall the cios's (as long as they're not stubs u should be able to install over them)

u can download v4 HERE and v5 HERE

hold on, u said u had it working from your flash drive... was that formatted as fat32?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Mithie said:
Edit: I also noticed that I could select a hard drive partition at the settings - Can I simply try to split the hard drive into 2 partitions again, format it into WBFS and select the second partition inside USB GX?
yes u could do this, but why bother unless we can't get it to work off fat32 (i think its better to have everything on one partition, but thats my opinion)

u should download cfg usb loader from HERE, and see if this can load the games from your hard drive... it may help narrow down the problem (note, i'm not telling u to switch to cfg permanently, u can decide that for yourself)

Mithie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The flash drive was formatted as wbfs so cIOS222 will probably fix the problem. Thanks alot, I'll post if it works or not
smile.gif

Edit: Trying to install cIOS222v4 now, and I have to select IOS to install. Which one do I select? I thought I was supposed to select #38, but 38 isn't among the numbers, there's 249, 250, 1, 20-something and up to 36. No 38 at all.

synicasm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tHciNc said:
Even though wiiplay is a 4.37gig iso, on a ntfs drive it will only take 100megs up.My wbfs folder is 844gigs, yet space on disc is only 395 gigs, makes it so much easier when i need to do something, isos are there ready (do hsve exactly the same stuff on wbfs partition too)

Can you explain this a little better ? Wiiplay is a 4.37G iso how is it only taking 100megs of space on your ntfs drive and keeping it in the Full ISO format.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
synicasm said:
tHciNc said:

Can you explain this a little better ? Wiiplay is a 4.37G iso how is it only taking 100megs of space on your ntfs drive and keeping it in the Full ISO format.

their called sparse files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries