• Views 7,175,677
  • Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody noticed the following bug?

Games that are dual-layer like Metroid Prime Trilogy and SSBB play ok on a WBFS drive in r904, but fail when the game is extracted as a .wbfs iso and played from a NTFS drive.
I tried converting one (MPT) back from NTSC to WBFS and it worked again, so it's not the iso.

When you select these games, you don't hear any music when the disc cover appears and the screen goes black after you click on the disc cover to begin play.

Hope this bug gets squashed, cause I'm tired moving 82 games back and forth from WBFS to NTSC to WBFS
wacko.gif

EDIT: Forgot to mention I used this wonderful util called Wii Game Manager v1.5.0.1 to do the extractions/conversions (works extremely well!)

GDT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm on build 904, fat32 formatted hd. Keeps on crashing while scrolling titles. Istantly crashes when click on "audio" button under Settings menù. I'm using italian language file, and I've got a 4.2E wii with wanin rev17 and hermes v4.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pacman` said:
EDIT: Forgot to mention I used this wonderful util called Wii Game Manager v1.5.0.1 to do the extractions/conversions

so there's a chance that the game manager is causing the bug? did you try to load the same ISO and .wbfs files in CFG loader to see if you get the same error?

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
Pacman` said:
EDIT: Forgot to mention I used this wonderful util called Wii Game Manager v1.5.0.1 to do the extractions/conversions

so there's a chance that the game manager is causing the bug? did you try to load the same ISO and .wbfs files in CFG loader to see if you get the same error?

Ok, I went ahead and installed cfg v51 to test your theory. nada.
CFG v51 played both dual-layer .wbfs games from NTFS perfectly. In fact, CFG v51 had NO delay in displaying my 83 games (GX makes you wait 10 full seconds).

Now although CFG seems better, I always did prefer using GX, cause GX is more intuitive and simpler to use and configure.
Now, please find that bug and SQUASH IT!
closedeyes.gif

GDT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tried build 907. Same problems. I tried to delete my configuration files and games bitmaps and now when usbloader gx starts it asks me to select a partition and as soon as I click my partition it crashes.

noctune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems USB Loader GX isn't fully compatible with my LG HXD2U50 320GB hard drive. I can't get GX to recognize wbfs files placed in it when it's file system is NTFS.

All transfers were made using WiiBackupManager034r4.

GX actually recognizes the HD as NTFS, reads its full size correctly but displays no games and crashes whenever i try to install a game from a disc.

Fortunatelly, it works when WBFS formatted through the loader and installing games from discs, but I'm not sure how I'll get cover art and the info database to work since I don't have wifi and EASEUS Partition Manager doesn't run on 64-bit PCs.

Am I doing something wrong or is NTFS support not stable yet?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noctune said:
It seems USB Loader GX isn't fully compatible with my LG HXD2U50 320GB hard drive. I can't get GX to recognize wbfs files placed in it when it's file system is NTFS.

GX actually recognizes the HD as NTFS, reads its full size correctly but displays no games and crashes whenever i try to install a game from a disc.

Fortunatelly, it works when WBFS formatted through the loader and installing games from discs, but I'm not sure how I'll get cover art and the info database to work since I don't have wifi and EASEUS Partition Manager doesn't run on 64-bit PCs.

Did you install cIOS 222 ? I have both NTIFS and Fat32 WB 320 GB hard drive and it works fine for me. Installing cIOS 222 if you didnt that yet.
smile.gif

noctune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
noctune said:

Did you install cIOS 222 ? I have both NTIFS and Fat32 WB 320 GB hard drive and it works fine for me. Installing cIOS 222 if you didnt that yet.
smile.gif

Yeah, I installed rev4, but something must have gone wrogn since I can't boot games from Softchip while using cIOS222/223. Is it really necessary to install it? Since USB Loader GX can work with 249...

Anyway, I Installed it following this guide, but didn't choose to do the last optional step. Is this guide supposed to work for 4.2U too? Since it talks about IOS60...

Thanks in advance

EDIT: reinstalled cIOS 222, 223 and 202. Still can't boot games from Softchip using 222/223, getting an Ioctl error (DI_ReadID). USB Loader GX now fails to boot with my HDD, hangs on the waiting for your slow device for 30 secs and then restarts.

pippopelo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
RockmanForte said:
noctune said:

smile.gif

I have the same HD and with r899 work perfectly with ntfs partition and iso games, but from r900 can't start any game. But if I partitioning HD in wbfs all games works

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try format HD to fat32 ? If your HD only have NTIFS.. Why not 3rd party program to format it to fat32 ? I tried it with my WB HD since it is NTIFS only so with 3rd party program and format to fat32 and it works for me.

noctune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really sure I should format to FAT32, what about games larger than 4gb? Are they automatically handled? Will load times be slower? Haven't really found any info on this on the guides.

Going to try r899 on NTFS later tonight.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its up to you and the load times didnt slow down for me as far as I know. Again, it's up to you. I stay with r899 for now. You could try it.
smile.gif

noctune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r899 worked for me. The easy installer had downloaded 874 automatically, and it's not even available on the google download area anymore.

Wonderful app!

fgsfdsyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've posted here before but I seem to can't put my finger on what's making my HDD freeze.
It's in the compatible list, there's no programs for it to go into spin-down.
It's just randomly in some games they'll just completely stop working.

Fatal Frame 4, she can never open a door (it's literally stuck loading, the dot doesn't even flash)
Muramasa, can't even start a new file.

et cetera

Any help at all or remedy?
IOS222/223 installed, CIOS249v17 installed

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
noctune said:
Not really sure I should format to FAT32, what about games larger than 4gb? Are they automatically handled? Will load times be slower? Haven't really found any info on this on the guides.

On FAT32 you convert the iso's to wbfs files, which work similar to a wbfs partition. The games only take up the space they need, but if it's bigger than 4gb you get multiple files. FAT32 is less hassle than NTFS. There is absolutely no difference in performance during game play, loading the game list might be different.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fgsfdsyo said:
I've posted here before but I seem to can't put my finger on what's making my HDD freeze.
It's in the compatible list, there's no programs for it to go into spin-down.
It's just randomly in some games they'll just completely stop working.

Fatal Frame 4, she can never open a door (it's literally stuck loading, the dot doesn't even flash)
Muramasa, can't even start a new file.

et cetera

Any help at all or remedy?
IOS222/223 installed, CIOS249v17 installed

I hope someone can help as I have the same / similar issue.

I have a compatible drive (WD Passport Essentials 320GB) working great, however I do get strange issues.

Fifa 09 - freezes when starting the match, it loads runs and lets me get to the match part then freezes, however this is not down to the game, my second hard drive loads and runs it perfectly, it is not first drive as if I reload it from drive 2 to drive 1 - it then works.

When it froze I tried to run it using uLoader and ConfUSB Loader - worked great with both loaders, tried again with GX - froze in the same place. Updated from 874 to 907 same issue.

So it is not the drive, the file or the Wii - hope you agree!

I had this issue with loads of games initially, however I used to keep adding and removing files, so I formatted the drive (WFBS) and reloaded, all games worked (apart from Fifa09).

It seems to be GX has issues with the reading at certain points - made much worse if you add and remove files from the drive - to get Fifa working I removed and reinstalled and it is now working fine.

Is this a known issue or is there a solution

Also tried from the channel - and forwarder, using different ios's still the same issue

Running 222v4 and 249v14

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...