• Views 7,180,368
  • Replies 29,366
  • Likes 48

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a little heads up, i was just installing wii sports and deleting it a few times. and one time it froze and the partition is killed. it cannot be mounted with any wii app that supports NTFS, cant be mounted or fixed with ntfsfix in linux, and shows up as unpartitioned in windows so chkdsk doesn't work. data recovery software works to get back the lost partition and the one game i had on it.

but consider yourselves warned.
smile.gif

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
dexter222 said:
I believe you have to use the proper naming convention to load the ISOs - example:

In a folder named R3ME01_Metroid Prime Trilogy you have an ISO named R3ME01.iso

Or you can just rename the ISO R3ME01.iso and put it in the WBFS folder.

This didn't help either, thanks all for help. I'm giving up, no NTFS for me, sticking with FAT32
gba.gif

strangephish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2lux said:
try wii backup manager .. the best ^^

its possible to make usbloadergx compatible with .ciso/.wbi ???

I was wondering this myself as i'm setting up a new Wii and this would help as they don't have a large hard drive

blacksoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mousex said:
blacksoul said:
2/ ntfs writing works great until a crash. After that you have to do a "chkdsk /f drive_letter:" under the cmd in windows and it kills all the backup made by the usbloadergx interface. The manually added .wbfs file still stay there and work correctly.

Its seems to be an issue on the way the writing is made by usbloadergx
It's an issue with libntfs. NTFS-3G on linux and OS X has the same problems (and Windowx XP with native access also), if you remove the drive while writing there and want to mount it again you have to check it (on Windows) first, that's normal and the way it works. When you powered of your Windows XP computer while writing to a ntfs drive, it often asked to check the drives at startup, you were able to skip this but this was not always the best decision.
I guess you don't have the problem with Wiixplorer as most people copy only small files with it and not 4-7GB isos.

I knew this error with ntfs-3g/fuse but there is still a strange issue.
If I do a backup with usbloadergx interface on my ntfs drive, then I power the console off and remove the hard disk.
Then I replug the hard drive, launch the console and do another backup and sometimes there it crash.
I'll do a "chkdsk" under windows and all the backup (not only the last one, or the last "session") made by usbloadergx are seen by windows as an error on the drive.
The process kills them all.

Next time it appends I'll do a screenshot of the chkdsk just to clarify this point.

Anyway thanks for having fix the french issue so quickly !

laserbeak43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have the latest usbloadergx(r899, i think?) I get an error when loading pictures. says they're uneven on all 4 sides? i've tried changing download to customand official but nothing works. can someone please help?

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did a test. I copied a game i had on my ntfs partition with wiixplorer to the root of my ntfs partition just to test the writing. The writing works perfect. I compared the files in hexeditor and they are exactly the same.

This means there is a bug in the install function of usbloader gx. We will try to figure out where the bug is. Until than it is not recommended to use the install function since it might break your partition.

EDIT:
I also did test and start the game (the folder it is under must have the right name so you gotta move out the old one) and it loads fine. This is another proof that writing to ntfs is working correct.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any chance of seeing a fowarder channel that can load up from ntfs? crap can make game channls that load from ntfs drives, but what about a fowarder for the loader itself.. can that be done?

shaq486

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi there,
I have a problem with the new usb loader GX. I was having a version 899 or so and i read that there is available new version with channel forwarder built in. So i installed rev 900 wich was working awesome (he loaded even MK Armaggedon wich on other loaders did not worked, but....today i receive a message for update to rev 904.....i did but now crash (black screen). I was already read that is a problem with that revision but after i delete it none of my previous version does not work anymore. Any tips? Thank you !

Later edit: I was tried to remake my sd card with the old folders for usb loader and now I get de common error with the text...an error has occured bla bla bla......you know...so please give me my MK back to life
tongue.gif

Thank you.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
DaDownloadMan said:
is NTFS system file supported?
Yes. Both read and write.

QUOTE(bigchen000 @ Feb 1 2010, 01:31 AM) For the IOS i think i have IOS15 or 26 or 249 cause that's the only ones that i have been using
So I installed the USB Loader GX everything works okay... except i don't know the password to unlock the console
For opening the games i only downloaded one for now it's the Wii Resort PAL
When i open the game it just gives me a black screen and my Wii remote disconnects and then i have to force shutdown.
When i open the game it gives me a Error 002 and that is why I downloaded the USB Loader GX
I suggest you start by reading the Readmii (http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/help/readmii).
oh,um thanks

Cybero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Yesterday I tried to use NTFS.
It works great exepts for new super mario bors which give me a black screen (it work on wbfs partition)

Is there something to change for this game ?

Chrnosclock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old PAL TV and all Videopatch methods didn't worked for NMH2 on my TV, always a black/white screen. But with Wanins video patcher and alt dol loading it worked. Any idea, why and could this patching be included into USBL GX aswell, please?

wiiplayerab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this is a basic question but i did not find the answer. so show me.

i installed wad which down loaded from google code (r904) by wabmanager running in homebrew. then i take off sd-card for my camera

so i can run gxloader directly from channel but it only show English and no setting/title/cover can be saved.

now i want it to show Chinese and save setting/title/cover in my usb-hd. and keep gxload installed as wad(not dol or forward). is it available?

my usb-hd is wbfs partition and can be reformated as ntfs if needed. i have a sd card which can be used to update but can not be leave in wii because camera need it.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kyururu said:
I just d/led the full covers. Can usb loader gx display the back of the covers?
No, we can't.

QUOTE(wiiplayerab @ Feb 3 2010, 02:09 PM) i installed wad which down loaded from google code (r904) by wabmanager running in homebrew. then i take off sd-card for my camera

so i can run gxloader directly from channel but it only show English and no setting/title/cover can be saved.

now i want it to show Chinese and save setting/title/cover in my usb-hd. and keep gxload installed as wad(not dol or forward). is it available?

my usb-hd is wbfs partition and can be reformated as ntfs if needed. i have a sd card which can be used to update but can not be leave in wii because camera need it.
So, you have no SD card inserted, and you want to save the configuration? Only way to do that is to format the USB HDD to FAT32. NTFS is not good enough, since we've not enabled it for writing the configs and covers yet. Therefor, reformat your drive to FAT32, or use an SD card.

And btw, you don't need the SD card to update, unless your Wii isn't connected to the internet. You can update the channel from inside the loader itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1