• Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

blahdc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running GX Loader with V 4.2U. Is anyone having problems with loading channels through GX loader? When I try to load a channel it reboots to GX Loader.....what am I doing wrong?

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a little problem while booting super smash bros brawl with the latest version of usb loader gx,
I press the disc in usb loader and the screen goes blue instantly at first I thought it had frozen but after waiting a while the music from the intro started to play and afters just pressing around on different places trying to start a game or something the screen went normal.
The blue color it has is the normal color for the tv when theres no video input.
This happens every time I boot the game with this usb loader but is easy fixed by pressing 'A' once to get into the main menu and then pressing 'left', 'down', 'A', 'left', 'A' and then 'A' again this sets the screen sharpness thing and makes everything normal.

I have system menu 4.0, my Wii is PAL and SSBB is NTSC (since I bought it before EU release) and this started occurring after the latest update.
I have tried to change some settings resulting with the game not booting at all or blue screen thing.
Please, any solution? Any one else with this problem?

(also sry for posting here even though I have a thread but I don't think anyone will read it anymore...)

scotto67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could do with a small guide (or a link to one) for applying themes. I was able to find a few to download but it is very hard to see any instructions for apllying these.

Any help much appreciated.

onad0301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys need a little help from you.... ijust finished updating my wii from 3.1u to 4.1u offline using xzxero guide... just put usb loader on....have about twenty games on usb hdd right now...i want to download covers and disc images for these....but i want to put them on my usb hdd

i have a 320 gig hdd..partion 1 [R] FAT32 partition2 (P) wbfs

can i use partion 1 R for the covers...and if so do i make one folder for images and put two folders in that ... covers and discs

change download paths to R/images/covers and then R/images/disc

thanx in advance onad

blahdc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
onad0301 said:
hey guys need a little help from you.... ijust finished updating my wii from 3.1u to 4.1u offline using xzxero guide... just put usb loader on....have about twenty games on usb hdd right now...i want to download covers and disc images for these....but i want to put them on my usb hdd

i have a 320 gig hdd..partion 1 [R] FAT32 partition2 (P) wbfs

can i use partion 1 R for the covers...and if so do i make one folder for images and put two folders in that ... covers and discs

change download paths to R/images/covers and then R/images/disc

thanx in advance onad

That is what I did, works fine. Just change your paths in the GX Loader settings.

onad0301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the fast reply...so i don't have to usb where the R is...gr8 that was my main concern

thanks again onad

do you have your loader running off sd card or the usb hdd?

blahdc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
onad0301 said:
thanks for the fast reply...so i don't have to usb where the R is...gr8 that was my main concern

thanks again onad

do you have your loader running off sd card or the usb hdd?

I have my loader running of my sd with preloader and the gx forwarder. I'm not sure where you are getting "R" from but in GX Loader the path will just look like USB:\images

GX loader can only read you first partion on your USB HD when you are setting up paths.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
Why does the Readmii say "DO NOT UPDATE YOUR WII TO VERSION 4.2!! THIS WILL BLOCK ALL HOMEBREW!!"?

Because it will.

We can't expect that everyone is all over these forums and knows how to safely update.
I'm still not sure why anyone would chance it anyways...no new features or fixes worth taking the risk of screwing it up or missing a step.

Awesome turtwig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone told me this app can load gct files off a usb and play with those codes off a regular legit game disc. Is this true? My sd card slot is broken. If it is true can you tell me how to do it? Thanks
biggrin.gif

kemik

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using USB Loader GX on PAL Wii and only ever tried PAL games as worried about bricking my Wii

However, more and more games are coming out NTSC only that I would like to play therefore can anyone confirm if I was to rip an NTSC game to my hard disk using USB Loader GX to then play on my Wii would it work ok and is there anything I need to consider to ensure I don't brick my Wii?

Thanks

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kemik said:
I'm using USB Loader GX on PAL Wii and only ever tried PAL games as worried about bricking my Wii

However, more and more games are coming out NTSC only that I would like to play therefore can anyone confirm if I was to rip an NTSC game to my hard disk using USB Loader GX to then play on my Wii would it work ok and is there anything I need to consider to ensure I don't brick my Wii?

Thanks
USB loaders don't load updates so its safe
btw, the update is removed when you rip it or when you put it on the drive with WBFS manager

Awesome turtwig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll re-post this... Someone told me this app can load gct files off a usb and play with those codes off a regular legit game disc. Is this true? My sd card slot is broken. If it is true can you tell me how to do it? Thanks
biggrin.gif

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found that preloader was interfering with my drive, so I installed startpatch. I can't seem to play Ghostbusters twice in a row without a shutdown. I have rev14 installed. Any ideas?

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Someone told me USBLoader GX could also load wiiware games without having to install the wiiware games on the wii (with costs blocks of the wii)

Is this true, I can find how to do this?
Should the wiiware games be on SD or can the be on USB HD as well?

Many thanx!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
slingshot27 said:
Someone told me USBLoader GX could also load wiiware games without having to install the wiiware games on the wii (with costs blocks of the wii)

Many thanx!
Thats not right
The app that loads VC/WW from SD/USB is called Triiforce

shinji_0n0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
everything is working fine when i am in the home screen or the usb loader gx screen but once i choose a game it go to the game screen the screen start flicking and it show black and white wt should i do

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinji_0n0 said:
everything is working fine when i am in the home screen or the usb loader gx screen but once i choose a game it go to the game screen the screen start flicking and it show black and white wt should i do
go to the gx settings page, find the game load settings, and set the default behavior to autopatch.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
slingshot27 said:

Many thanx!
Thats not right

Thanx I will dig into that app. Is playind wiiware games through this loader on the feature wishlist? I would love to play it througj this loader

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slingshot27 said:
tj_cool said:
slingshot27 said:

Many thanx!
Thats not right

Thanx I will dig into that app. Is playind wiiware games through this loader on the feature wishlist? I would love to play it througj this loader

Any games that are installed on the wii nand and kept there can be accessed throught GX. If you move them to SD you can no longer load them from GX. No wads can be played regardless of whether they are packed or unpacked at this time. You'll have to wait on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong