• Views 7,180,459
  • Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

suse10

Trophies
XP
Country
mqark

I have the same problem. However I did not install 222.

I backed up games from WBFS drive to Laptop HDD, as ISO's.

A restore of the ISO's to a new HDD with WBFS partition and running game gives the black screen and a power reset required.

I then installed the same game vis USB Loader GX from a backup DVD, and the game runs.

I have tried several games and get the same result, black screen and a power reset required.

At this time, I am thinking there is an issue with the WBFS ISO extract and restore function.

My next step is to burn a DVD of the WBFS extracted iso and test.

S.

FOL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I didn't know exactly what to search for. For example, I am in a game, and I want to get back from the game to the USBLoader GX menu. Is this possible?

If so, how?

Thanks.

Kin8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
tj_cool said:
Attention!
Translators needed

We need translators for these languages:
finnish
hungarian
korean
polish
S chinese
turkish
russian
german Done

if you would like to update one of these languages, go here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=155252&st=450

Thank you tj_cool
smile.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FOL said:
I have a question. I didn't know exactly what to search for. For example, I am in a game, and I want to get back from the game to the USBLoader GX menu. Is this possible?

If so, how?

Thanks.

It is not currently possible to exit back to the GX menu. However, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that if you AUTOBOOT to GX through Preloader, pressing the Home button while playing a game and then clicking on Reset instead of Wii Menu will reboot the system and might AUTOBOOT back to the loader.

If someone could please test that and get back to us, I'd appreciate it. I haven't used AUTOBOOT and am at work so unable to do so myself at the moment.

gil21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
gil21 said:
if i install usb loader as a channel where do i put the cover images?
also what is forwadder channel?thx
the covers can go on the sd card or USB device. Be sure they have the correct size! More info in the readmii in my sig V

the forwarder is a shortcut that installs as a channel, but loads the boot.dol of GX.
yet another thing is a Hybrid, which first tries to load the .dol but if it isn't found, it loads the build-in one (like a normal channel)

http://sites.google.com/site/usbloadergui/...oads/forwarders

@0ld8oy: Yes I am
tongue.gif
(I though you gave up on replying ? )
so if i want to update usb loader gx i just have to overwrite boot.dol in the apps folder and change it with the latest rev correct?
and i have a 320 gb wdc passport.what the program to make partition?can i have 240 fat32 and 80 gb wbfs?
thx

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
gil21 said:
so if i want to update usb loader gx i just have to overwrite boot.dol in the apps folder and change it with the latest rev correct?
If you have the forwarder, just replace the Dol on the SD card
smile.gif

and i have a 320 gb wdc passport.what the program to make partition?can i have 240 fat32 and 80 gb wbfs?
Vista/XP/other ?

thx

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
FOL said:

If so, how?

Thanks.

It is not currently possible to exit back to the GX menu. However, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that if you AUTOBOOT to GX through Preloader, pressing the Home button while playing a game and then clicking on Reset instead of Wii Menu will reboot the system and might AUTOBOOT back to the loader.

If someone could please test that and get back to us, I'd appreciate it. I haven't used AUTOBOOT and am at work so unable to do so myself at the moment.

I have now tested and can confirm this method working.

- Make sure this dol file is installed in preloader (Install File option).
- Go into preloader settings and set AUTOBOOT to FILE.
- To return directly to the GX Menu while playing any game, simply press the HOME button on your wiimote and click on RESET. This will reboot your system and autoboot back to the GX Menu.
- Added bonus for some...AUTOBOOTing GX with preloader prevents it from being shown in your message board play history (for anyone concerned about that).

Sorry if this is old news...Never bothered with AUTOBOOT before.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
gil21 said:
If you have the forwarder, just replace the Dol on the SD card
smile.gif

Vista/XP/other ?

thx

Sorry for another double post (twice in two days now...)

Windows will not create a FAT32 partition larger than 32GB. You should use the guide in my signature to partition your drive. Just replace any instance of NTFS with FAT32 and you'll be fine. Partitioning program is linked to in the guide or you can download it from my files link in my signature.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
For the sake of randomness, my method is generally an Ubnutu Live CD and Gparted. Works well and it's super fast (compared to the standard Windows formatting/partitioning like when you do it via Windows).

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
@ 0ld8oy

since i'm using USB Loader GX i want to ask you do i need to install usb 2.0 for the Wii ? if yes why ? thanks buddy
smile.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
satel said:
@ 0ld8oy

since i'm using USB Loader GX i want to ask you do i need to install usb 2.0 for the Wii ? if yes why ? thanks buddy
smile.gif

Well, I know hermes cIOS supports USB 2.0. 95% sure Waninkoko's does too. cIOS 202 for MPlayerCE does also.

Sooo...you should have it already...

Hai1242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
0ld8oy said:
0ld8oy said:
FOL said:

If so, how?

Thanks.

I have now tested and can confirm this method working.

- Make sure this dol file is installed in preloader (Install File option).
- Go into preloader settings and set AUTOBOOT to FILE.
- To return directly to the GX Menu while playing any game, simply press the HOME button on your wiimote and click on RESET. This will reboot your system and autoboot back to the GX Menu.
- Added bonus for some...AUTOBOOTing GX with preloader prevents it from being shown in your message board play history (for anyone concerned about that).

Sorry if this is old news...Never bothered with AUTOBOOT before.

Preloader setting: Return to=preloader will let you always reboot/reset to GX (if you installed the file and set autoboot=file).

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
tj_cool said:
These cIOS have USB 2.0:
Hermes 222, 223
MPlayer 202
Waninkoko cIOSrev9 and up

do you mean have it as built in or as have support for it ?

@ 0ld8oy thanks for the reply
smile.gif

btw where can i find the usb2.0 install file ?

mqark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I've found the problem.....

It was the extracted files from the wbfs drive. Once I put a fresh iso from another source on, that game worked instantly. As an experiment I tried running a game through wiiscrubber just to see if that "refreshed" the iso in some way. Wiiscrubber seems to be happy with the iso I was giving it, but when loading that back onto the drive using WBFS Manager 3 it was borked again. Something doesn't work in the extract process.
Well, I guess that's the old lesson of keeping backups coming back to rear it's ugly head again!

Not sure if burning to disc and then ripping would help - however I'm just going to download rather than waste discs.

Cheers,
Mqark.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate asking dumb questions, however I am having problems with my copy of Guitar Hero 5. I know it has an update and my wii blocks updates from preloader. I am on Waninkoko 4.1U with preloader 2.9 and I can't even get it to play from the wii system menu disk loader from my disk (not a backup disk). I thank I may have a bad copy of the disk. Please can I get just one post letting me know that guitar hero 5 works on 4.1U system. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol