moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in title launcher, all titles come up Unknown- .. is this normal? or should it be stating their names like Weatehr Ch, Mii Ch, etc ?, if so, why wont they show its name?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
your math may seem right on paper, but when done in the real world with a real wii, it took 6 hours for 1 game. And that wasn't even ssbb. Way to slow to be worth putting in. You're better off just moving your HDD to your pc.

Is it that slow, I can do a 4GB xbox game (wireless PC - wired xbox, so not much different than wired PC - wireless wii) in about 30 mins, I know its a different system but it's still 4GB of data sent wirelessly. Anyway I wont beat a dead horse, my original point was more for shuffling small files around without the need to disconnect the HDD/SD or load FTPii. Also I was thinking if for whatever reason that it would not be easy to disconnect the HDD and connect it to the PC.

DocNsanE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jservs7 said:
This maybe wishful thinking, but it would be cool if somehow (say in the wiitdb.zip file) there would be 002 information for each game when using IOS 249. That way, the loader can read it and automatically set each game to use the option ON or OFF when using that IOS.

Yes I know it might be a dumb suggestion or one full of wishful thinking, but it's hot and I have no AC.
tongue.gif

Well who am I to say if it was dumb or not, but I personally think it's a good idea. In fact, if there was some harmony between the WiiTDB folks and the GX team, we could potentially use the XML from wiitdb as the area for storing individual game settings such as this or alt-dol settings.

That being said, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to couple the game information to the loader's settings, so from that perspective the request might be (rightfully) denied. But still, we already know a lot of the things you have to do to get certain games running, there's no real reason these settings aren't pre-configured or pulled from a database somehow.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont unsderstand how a loader cant simply hardcode the 002 error stuff into it and then just simply have the 002 required games feed off a list that could be updated as a new game with the 002 is discovered, so you never have to alter settings for it, so if a new game with 002 comes out, you jsut edit a file with the list of 002 games and the loader will read that file sand allow the game to load, without each game havign to be changed in a settings menu, so if the game isnt on the list, it should assume its not a 002 and load normally. jsut a simple text file

if game id is
RTZP
RZZE
etc...
then 002=on, if not =off

(im no coder, but that just for example sake is what i mean)

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... I've been away for awhile, so please don't flame me.

How is the USB Loader GX compatibility with cIOS38 rev. 14?

Does the USB Loader GX still work okay with System Menu v4.1?

Thanks!
unsure.gif

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've update Loader GX and i see the new icon to launch the APPS folder (for the Homebrew Channel)... so i've decide (because I have pre-loader installed) to load GX instead of the system menu...

But i want to know if there is a way to see the "channel" installed in the Wii... i have few channel install in the system menu, but Loader GX don't show...

There is a option I need to view and enable the channel in the Wii?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GolfDude said:
i dont unsderstand how a loader cant simply hardcode the 002 error stuff into it and then just simply have the 002 required games feed off a list that could be updated as a new game with the 002 is discovered
because different cIOS versions require different fix for different games. this would be like hardcoding the video settings that work for my wii for every game. it wouldnt work for everybody. so you just have to spend some time and see what settings for each game. is far as the 002 shit & the wiitdb, i dont see that happening. the database is supposed to be for information about the games as the publisher intended. (information that will never change after the game is released and no matter what other software is released). it follows closely to the established format of the rom databases. besides, what is to happen to all that data about how to pirate these games when a new cios comes out that fixes 002 and ios reload?

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kissmyvag22 said:
but then why does house of the dead 2 freeze with the cios222 and auto blocker enabled
I have house of the dead 2/3 and using cios222 and works just fine.
I would like to see a round icon on the main screen with a H on one side and a C on the other side. The side with the H to go to the homebrew and the C to the title channel. Because I use the title channel all the time now. Thanks.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
Arm the Homeless said:
Did Mr. Crowley burn down churches and murder a bandmate?

Didn't think so.
smile.gif
laugh.gif
Oh, and he burned down the churches because they were on sacred pagan ground.

The version number should be "666 - Varg Vikernes Version".

Plus, that's 3 '6's and 3 'V's. Looks better. And Vi Vi Vi in Latin (I think?) is 666.

kissmyvag22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
kissmyvag22 said:
but then why does house of the dead 2 freeze with the cios222 and auto blocker enabled
I have house of the dead 2/3 and using cios222 and works just fine.
I would like to see a round icon on the main screen with a H on one side and a C on the other side. The side with the H to go to the homebrew and the C to the title channel. Because I use the title channel all the time now. Thanks.

Maybe it was the way i installed cios222. i used rev 36 or whatever it is called from the hermes 222/223 installer. I dont know if i am going about the entire process wrong though. I am able to get the game to boot only once. It is when i exit the game and go to the main selection screen that lets you choose between the games that it locks up when i choose HOD2 again.

I would really appreciate the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol