• Likes 48

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
Logan said:
Good lukc and let us know how you get on
wink.gif

right tested it, doesn't matter whether its logical or primary with the fat 32 partition..

the partition must be deleted in order for games to work...

pgn

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Logan said:
Which means it could be just a compatibility issue with some types of drives. Or something to do with which USB port the hard drive is plugged into.

Those having problems, who may have been on a revision

Minties

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Commented out the code that loads titles.txt, it isn't needed anymore
since there is the xml file with all the names in it.

Please give us the option to choose between the two, I use titles.txt to rename games that are different to the xml. For example, for TP the xml is 'The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess', whereas I prefer 'Zelda: Twilight Princess' which is why I use the titles.txt for my games. I know I could remove the comment from the source but I don't know how to compile, plus auto-updates via the loader is much easier :).

Snoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Minties said:
QUOTE said:
Commented out the code that loads titles.txt, it isn't needed anymore
since there is the xml file with all the names in it.

Please give us the option to choose between the two, I use titles.txt to rename games that are different to the xml. For example, for TP the xml is 'The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess', whereas I prefer 'Zelda: Twilight Princess' which is why I use the titles.txt for my games. I know I could remove the comment from the source but I don't know how to compile, plus auto-updates via the loader is much easier
smile.gif

blink.gif
you could just rename it manually in the loader. click on the name above the spinning disc, when game is selected and edit it as you wish.
or attach the drive to your computer and rename it with WBFS manager.

DocNsanE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pepxl said:
doesnt work for me at all ive tried different combos of game settings and its a no go, CFG is the only loader workin with rev 14 and wii sports resort from usb

I have installed cio38 v14 and haven't had any issues with it at all, although I haven't done "extensive" testing yet. I don't have Wii Sports Resort yet so I can't comment on that particular game.

warlord2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jul 27 2009, 02:38 PM)
warlord2009 said:
I have all running from HD and it works perfect.
HD has two partitions. Partition 1 FAT32/ Partition 2 WBFS.

cIOS rev 14 / USB Loader r648 / System Menu 4.1

what drive do you have ?

Verbatim 2.5" 500GB HD

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried two drives now that fail to work with dual partitions... with cios rev 14 on USBLoader GX

Seagate freeagent go 320gb.. & Iomega Prestige 320gb

again games load with only a single partition... (wbfs)

got to be a bug with GX somewhere..

dippindivin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jul 27 2009, 07:21 AM) I have tried two drives now that fail to work with dual partitions... with cios rev 14 on USBLoader GX

I have two partitions on my drive and it works with GX loader. The key for me is that the WBFS partition needs to be the primary active partition. If it's set as the extended partition it will not work with GX, for me at least.

zouille83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello

I've install cios rev14 and i have error 002 with a lot of game.
It's strange because this rev14 fix the error 002

So I have enable" fix error 002" in the loader to solve the probleme and it's ok

I would like to know why this error 002 with cios rev14 ?

thk

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
dippindivin said:
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jul 27 2009, 07:21 AM) I have tried two drives now that fail to work with dual partitions... with cios rev 14 on USBLoader GX

I have two partitions on my drive and it works with GX loader. The key for me is that the WBFS partition needs to be the primary active partition. If it's set as the extended partition it will not work with GX, for me at least.

yes I know that... if you read further back in the thread...

the issue is with rev14 you create a second partition also as primary or logical for the fat 32 partition games then fail to load... scratchin my head with this one... as i say previous revisions have no issue with this...

Hrugnir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Three problems:

1. I can't seem to load the database.txt. I tried making my own, and I tried using the stuff from the pastebin, but nope. I put it in SD:/config/, which is my titles.txt Path.

2. Speaking of titles.txt... Now that it's been commented out (and I really cba to recompile it every time a new update comes out), is there a way to make it load game titles from wiitdb, but let your own custom titles override it? Now, you either have to live with the wiitdb titles (which is annoying when you have custom games like the Guitar Hero III customs), or you have to manually change the name of every game.

3. I have two partitions on my 1 TB WD Hard drive. It's worked with every previous revision, and after I got 14, it still did. I can see all the games on the drive and so on, and I tried running Punch-Out. It worked great, ran faster than before. Then I updated the loader from like r638 to r648, and now any game gives me a codedump, including Punch-Out... What? Should I have uninstalled Rev13 before installing Rev14, by the way?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrugnir said:
Three problems:

1. I can't seem to load the database.txt. I tried making my own, and I tried using the stuff from the pastebin, but nope. I put it in SD:/config/, which is my titles.txt Path.

2. Speaking of titles.txt... Now that it's been commented out (and I really cba to recompile it every time a new update comes out), is there a way to make it load game titles from wiitdb, but let your own custom titles override it? Now, you either have to live with the wiitdb titles (which is annoying when you have custom games like the Guitar Hero III customs), or you have to manually change the name of every game.

3. I have two partitions on my 1 TB WD Hard drive. It's worked with every previous revision, and after I got 14, it still did. I can see all the games on the drive and so on, and I tried running Punch-Out. It worked great, ran faster than before. Then I updated the loader from like r638 to r648, and now any game gives me a codedump, including Punch-Out... What? Should I have uninstalled Rev13 before installing Rev14, by the way?

3. You don't need to uninstall a cIOS to install another one. Just install right over it.
If you haven't already, delete your global config file from your SD/USB and then try again.

2. No, you can just manually edit any titles you need to. It's either/or with that feature right now and I don't see the coders bothering with that any time soon.

1. You have to be on r655 or higher to use database.txt

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zouille83 said:
hello

I've install cios rev14 and i have error 002 with a lot of game.
It's strange because this rev14 fix the error 002

So I have enable" fix error 002" in the loader to solve the probleme and it's ok

I would like to know why this error 002 with cios rev14 ?

thk

cIOS rev14 no longer corrects the 002 error. It was taken out because any decent loader now contains the fix and the option of whether to use it.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jul 27 2009, 04:21 PM) I have tried two drives now that fail to work with dual partitions... with cios rev 14 on USBLoader GX

I would try other loaders as well. To eliminate which is the problem. GX or rev 14.

0ld8oy said:
cIOS rev14 no longer corrects the 002 error. It was taken out because any decent loader now contains the fix and the option of whether to use it.

Starting to think people thought the opposite!

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jul 27 2009, 04:21 PM) I have tried two drives now that fail to work with dual partitions... with cios rev 14 on USBLoader GX

Try the formatting tool in my sig to achieve a drive with a single Fat32 partition to see if that's the issue.

NPVinny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm on r656. Everything's running fine, but I noticed that my titles are messed up. Meaning, Wii Sports went back to being Sports Pack for Revolution. I tried downloading a new titles.txt, I tried moving it to another directory, I tried deleting my config files, and nothing seems to work. HALP

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
NPVinny said:
So, I'm on r656. Everything's running fine, but I noticed that my titles are messed up. Meaning, Wii Sports went back to being Sports Pack for Revolution. I tried downloading a new titles.txt, I tried moving it to another directory, I tried deleting my config files, and nothing seems to work. HALP
titles.txt support is gone
use wiitdb.zip instead

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1