• Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

drake19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Guys i have a probl with my GX loader,after i reintall CiosRev10 my loader cant load the games an it freezes my wii to a black screen,i play the games by another usb loader from homebrew channel,plz help me if someone knows how to deal with it
Thanks in advance...

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try 10 times in a row from cold boots first (the red light shutdown). which revision are you using and which game and what type of drive. It seems like most problems are from differnt hard drives.
im not part of the team or anything, but i might be able to help you troubleshoot a little.

currently i am on

13b
r600

knoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rathelfrog said:
well, before this problem i was a noob, now after 4 days of nothing but testing and trying things out, I have actually tried the deletion of the config files. It is something in the hard drive coding im sure. In the early builds 464-479 and the HD reporting was acurate to the sizes reported and also had a supporting catalog of games listed. once 482 rolled around, they introduced fat partitions and thats where things started to go south. (badly). The drive partitions were no longer recognized or able to format through the loader (and trying through the wbfs and it still did not help in the recognition of the drive.) then somewhere in the revisions 5xx-6xx they regained some control but the list now duplicates one titles across all iso's. and the file accuracies of size reporting is all wacked now too.

The assigning of the game code is spread to all the other iso and the loader only loads one game, no matter which you pick. I was thinking this was a problem in the config files, I even went so far as to rebuild the config files manually to no avail. Right now I am using the easu partition program mentioned above to destroy all the data on the drive and rebuild it. I will report how that goes. Today on my agenda is to go through all the 500 revisions available both dol and elf files to find out where they regained control of the hard drive coding to help pinpoint where the code is changed again.. That hopefully will help the coders get to this issue. If anyone runs across any information, please post.

thanks,
rathelfrog

Great work, rathel! I'm sorry i haven't been able to help you out, i've been out of internet access the last few days, and i'm not at home where my wii is.
I read that you have a maxtor onetouch 120gb, well mine is a maxtor onetouch 160gb, so maybe it's a maxtor related problem.
You actually mean that the bug doesn't exist in r479? That's great news. Now i will be able to play my whole game collection without having to plug my usb-drive and
transfer new games all the time. And yes, i also have to turn the drive on not until the 30 sec countdown comes on. Well thanks for your help, i will report back with
my results with the different revisions as soon as i get back home.

Thanks
knoll

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing about 479 is that it does not contain fixes for the 002 error and anti 002.. other than that everything was fine.

I am glad I could help. oh and to the poster above , I also have the hermes 222/3 loaded as well.

drake19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok wrong alarm guys
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
i have installed the new version and its ok
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Teh H4rRy said:
hankchill said:
Upgraded to rev 600 this morning.

Still the exact same issues concerning Ocarina.

If no cht file exists, trying to load a game will result in a crash and a big long code dump.

Loading a game that has a cht file results in a black screen, and the Wii crashes.

As far as I'm concerned, I see absolutely no difference in the past few releases compared to this one really. Everything that worked before works, and everything that was broken is still broken.

Ive found that GX crashes when you have ocarina turned on but no file, turn ocarina off when you dont want to cheat, Make sure your .cht files are named correctly to the game your using, EG: for Super Mario Galaxy (Pal) my file is called "RMGP01" Are your code files made correctly? If you download the .txt file, use the cheat manager and import that .txt file, that will make the code much easier to make. Im on rev 600 and i have no issues at all, using cheats for Mario Galaxy, Wii Play, etc and no problems

A few people including me have said ocarina breaks in later versions.
I went from 581 where SMG ocarina in the game setting set to ON works and then upgraded to 600 with same settings and just get a black screen when trying to load the game. While still on 600 turn ocarina OFF in the game setting SMG loads no problems.
Go back to 581 and turn Ocarina back on for SMG game and all works no problems.
I downloaded the cheat file using codedownloader and then cheat manager which works fine.
So what are we doing wrong compared to you?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
bula said:
giantpune said:
bosman said:
That information is only partially correct now. As far as updating goes, both are equally easy now.

Hi giantpune,

where is this new channel? The only one I can find on page 1 is 516. TY

where can this new channel be downloaded from? thanks
Look in USBloaderGX source code for site that hosts it and download it from there.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Look in USBloaderGX source code for site that hosts it and download it from there

Why so secretive? Is there a problem posting this link?
There are thousands of lines of code in the source. Where do I start to look?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiNinja said:
QUOTE said:
Look in USBloaderGX source code for site that hosts it and download it from there

Why so secretive? Is there a problem posting this link?
There are thousands of lines of code in the source. Where do I start to look?
Look in source\network\networkops.cpp this should help you.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested 602 with the latest version of Hermes' cIOS and I might be going nuts. With games that I set with IOS222, if I exit the game and then go back to USBLGX and start that same game that uses IOS222 it just stays frozen. It seems to do the same thing that games that use cIOS38 Rev 13 do when you need to shut down the system after playing a game.
unsure.gif
I'm on cIOS38 Rev 12 and I tried this with 2 games I have set with IOS222. (The Conduit and Monster Hunter G)

BTW, I have my Wii Motion Plus dongle plugged in.
tongue.gif

EDIT: Now it just seems like its a random thing with loading my IOS222 games. I had a streak starting one game 3 times with out any freezes, but the fourth time it froze. The next time it froze after I tried to start it for the 2nd time in a row.

albinoman887

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey are you quys aware that since rev 600 Alternate DOL support is borken or is it just me, when i click on red steel it just goes to a black screen then back to the system menu

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running R603 and can get it to consistently crash when viewing the synopsis of a game if it doesn't fill a full page then trying to scroll with the down button.

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bula said:
bnm81002 said:
bula said:
giantpune said:
bosman said:
That information is only partially correct now. As far as updating goes, both are equally easy now.

Hi giantpune,

where is this new channel? The only one I can find on page 1 is 516. TY

where can this new channel be downloaded from? thanks
Look in USBloaderGX source code for site that hosts it and download it from there.

ok guys after 500+ pages of post you havent learned to look on the f****** FIRST POST????? ;-)

u need the channel and you want the link look at the first post. RS and MF link are there ......

frogman946

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you please help me out with the following:

1. I have on my sd card in the wtheme folder a number of themes. How can you select from multiple themes?

2. Is there a way to get preloader to autoboot directly into usbloader-gx instead of system menu? I am using a forwarder.

Snoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
frogman946 said:

1. I have on my sd card in the wtheme folder a number of themes. How can you select from multiple themes?

2. Is there a way to get preloader to autoboot directly into usbloader-gx instead of system menu? I am using a forwarder.

1. put each theme in its own directory. i.e. wtheme\1\ , wtheme\2\ , ... and in the loaders settings you change the path accordigly to the theme you wanna set.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeoRame said:
ok guys after 500+ pages of post you havent learned to look on the f****** FIRST POST????? ;-)

u need the channel and you want the link look at the first post. RS and MF link are there ......

Neorame,

link on page 1 was to 516 not to 600c. The correct link to 600c was added now.

Snoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To give a new productive input to the coders:
because it bugged me to have the gameinfo in English although its available in German in the XML too, I crawled through the source one more time ^^
replacing the variable langcode with a hardcoded "DE" in line 318 and 432 in the xml.c gives me what I want: the GameInfo in German, if available.
But in the German gameInfo for deBlob i recognized some graphic glitches when moving the pointer :/
try to scroll down in a synopsis that is short. It results in a codedump
tongue.gif
well...i had this with ExiteBots

frogman946

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Snoozer said:
frogman946 said:

1. put each theme in its own directory. i.e. wtheme\1\ , wtheme\2\ , ... and in the loaders settings you change the path accordigly to the theme you wanna set.

So there is no way to scroll through them from within the loader if they are in their own descriptive folder name?

Any help with the 2nd question?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind