• Likes 48

bubbatub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someone can help me with this...

I was using 3.2U, and updated to 4.0U today using the normal "Wii System Update" function. (I know, stupid move after looking back...) After I updated, I reinstalled cIOS rev10. Now, USB Loader GX won't detect my HD - it gives the "No USB Device" error. It detected it on 3.2U. I've tried installing cIOS rev9, rev12, and rev13b to see if any of those work, and none do. I've tried unplugging and replugging the HD on different ports as well. I was running r568 on 3.2U and it worked; I've tried updating to r584 but that didn't seem to help... I'm using a 320GB Transcend HD - the wiki says it "works perfectly".

Do I need to patch IOS60 or something to get it to work on 4.0?

Any suggestions?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CuriousG said:
What would be nice too is if somehow the update feature would grab the information from the SVN on what's changed so users are aware if it is worth it for them to update to the new version or just be an informative screen.

Not so sure that's ever going to happen, but what WOULD be nice is if the update feature wasn't always several revisions behind... sometimes for 2+ days.

I offered to compile new revisions on a regular basis, but was told I cannot get access to the update server to upload them. If anyone in charge feels differently let me know, as I am able to do this at LEAST twice daily and would love to help out.

sevast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
CuriousG said:
What would be nice too is if somehow the update feature would grab the information from the SVN on what's changed so users are aware if it is worth it for them to update to the new version or just be an informative screen.

Not so sure that's ever going to happen, but what WOULD be nice is if the update feature wasn't always several revisions behind... sometimes for 2+ days.

I offered to compile new revisions on a regular basis, but was told I cannot get access to the update server to upload them. If anyone in charge feels differently let me know, as I am able to do this at LEAST twice daily and would love to help out.

Personally, I'm glad it's a little behind. Gives a chance for real bugs to be caught before you update...

heggie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
heggie said:
Hooya said:
Remove everything related to USB Loader GX from your SD card. It's looking there for a config file first, and something is not right in the paths for your config file that's stored on the USB drive.

Make sure you're using a forwarder and not a channel, and use the latest version for everything.

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to follow weiff's advice and let the USB loader create a new default config file, then edit it on your PC to put the right paths in.

We understand your problem, there's just something you or we are overlooking or missing.

Hi Hooya, I experience the same problem. Have tried reinstalling the forwarder, replace the config file with edited path, BUT it makes no difference, since the dol will NOT look at the actual config file!! Note that I do not even have an SD card inserted!! So it seems like the forwarder lets the newer dols (not with 468 but atleast 481 upwards) behave differently, and the dols look in memory instead of the actual file. The memory settings then contain only the SD path settings!?

Ok, everything is working again as it should on USB. I suspect it changed in r591 (above I meant r568 and r581 upwards), but I am not going to try and validate with the risk to be back at square one.

For anyone updating to r591 and still keeping SD path settings, even after changing the path in the global config, this is what I did:
Picjed a fresh empty SD card. Use the Easyinstaller to install SD version of USBloader GX. At the time it put on r584. I manually replaced with r591. Copied my "old" gamesettings and gamefavourites configs to the fresh SD.
Went to my Wii (with version 3.2: not 4.2 as mentioned above..): removed the exisitng forwared wad. Shutdown my Wii, restart. Install again the latest forwarder wad. Boot into USBloader GX. Check revision is indeed r591, configure all settings I need (language, clock, everything else I can keep default). heck everything working OK.

Take out SD and USB disk, go back to PC, copy all form SD to USB. Change in global config only the SD: to USB:. Go back to Wii, connect USB, leave SD out! Boot USBloader GX and check that indeed all settings and paths are correct. It is immediately obvious, since I run in Dutch and on first boot indeed now everything is in dutch..

Still a bit curious whether the dol made the change, or the order of installing... Primarily happy to get it back on track though!
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys is it possible to run more then one USB Loader? I'm running Beardface's awesome Cover Flow USB loader but would like to give GX a go. Can I just run GX instead and my HDD will play ball? Its only got a single WBFS partition though.

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
slingshot27 said:
I can not run the game "Wario Ware - Smooth Moves" anymore with the latest updates.
Can other people this game?

Try turning on the 002 fix, that made a few of my games load properley

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hi there. i was using coverfloader before which worked fine for me, now i tried usb loader gx and a few games refuse to work, i.e. wii sports resort (jap).
i tried to "002 fix" option, no sucess.
are same games incompatible to this loader?

Snoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
crawling through the sourcecode tells me there is the implementation of showing the synopsis of a game in the gameinfo screen. but i cant see anything. well the releasedate, publisher, genre...these are printed out just fine. only the synopsis is missing. Any explanation or idea?

CuberToy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone...

So I'm on Wii 3.3E and rev13a

I was playing my iso with a 8Go drive but lately it doesn't work anymore, i have the Not HD found problem (I have change nothing, so i can't understand). So i decide to buy a HD (250Go) and try, but again : same problem.

I've format it already with WBFS Manager and add some games on it...

If someone know why it does that... I really can't understand.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snoozer said:
crawling through the sourcecode tells me there is the implementation of showing the synopsis of a game in the gameinfo screen. but i cant see anything. well the releasedate, publisher, genre...these are printed out just fine. only the synopsis is missing. Any explanation or idea?
It isn't exactly what you would call "done" but press A to see it.

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
heggie said:
heggie said:
Hooya said:
Remove everything related to USB Loader GX from your SD card. It's looking there for a config file first, and something is not right in the paths for your config file that's stored on the USB drive.

Make sure you're using a forwarder and not a channel, and use the latest version for everything.

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to follow weiff's advice and let the USB loader create a new default config file, then edit it on your PC to put the right paths in.

We understand your problem, there's just something you or we are overlooking or missing.

Hi Hooya, I experience the same problem. Have tried reinstalling the forwarder, replace the config file with edited path, BUT it makes no difference, since the dol will NOT look at the actual config file!! Note that I do not even have an SD card inserted!! So it seems like the forwarder lets the newer dols (not with 468 but atleast 481 upwards) behave differently, and the dols look in memory instead of the actual file. The memory settings then contain only the SD path settings!?

Ok, everything is working again as it should on USB. I suspect it changed in r591 (above I meant r568 and r581 upwards), but I am not going to try and validate with the risk to be back at square one.

For anyone updating to r591 and still keeping SD path settings, even after changing the path in the global config, this is what I did:
Picjed a fresh empty SD card. Use the Easyinstaller to install SD version of USBloader GX. At the time it put on r584. I manually replaced with r591. Copied my "old" gamesettings and gamefavourites configs to the fresh SD.
Went to my Wii (with version 3.2: not 4.2 as mentioned above..): removed the exisitng forwared wad. Shutdown my Wii, restart. Install again the latest forwarder wad. Boot into USBloader GX. Check revision is indeed r591, configure all settings I need (language, clock, everything else I can keep default). heck everything working OK.

Take out SD and USB disk, go back to PC, copy all form SD to USB. Change in global config only the SD: to USB:. Go back to Wii, connect USB, leave SD out! Boot USBloader GX and check that indeed all settings and paths are correct. It is immediately obvious, since I run in Dutch and on first boot indeed now everything is in dutch..

Still a bit curious whether the dol made the change, or the order of installing... Primarily happy to get it back on track though!
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
cheers heggie, will give this a go

deadrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My gridview only has one row now since the update (i have plenty of games on as the manual suggests!)
Can i just edit the config, or does it reset the row amount on reload?

Snoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
giantpune said:
Snoozer said:
It isn't exactly what you would call "done" but press A to see it.

amazing...there is it...well what else could it mean to declare A as nxtBtn...seems to be my impatience, i didn't found it earlier by coincedence...i was always faster pressing the B button cause nothing happened by pressing A....in fact, it needs time....but to give a little feedback: watching the gameinfo brings up weird flashes over the tv screen. May be linked to the fact the system tries to load up another cover because I'm pointing at it in the list :wtf: but this assumption is probably terribly wrong
smile.gif
Moreover the B Trigger doesn't work when in syopsis and the HomeButton is neither working in the general info nore in synopsis. The synopsis itself is not printed out in German although it is given in the xml.
but hey...its done when its done, right? ^^

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I have a problem using the loader without a SD card.
I install the r???.dol in preloader, while config and cover on the FAT partition(first partition and active) of my HDD.
Sometimes it works with no problem, loading everything from the FAT partition.
Sometimes no. Seems that it don't find and load the config files, and the loader return with the default paths, pointed to SD. With covers e config don't loaded. If i change the paths from SD to USB, it loads the cover...but won't save the changing without a SD inserted.
I don't know why it loads correctly from hard disk and sometimes not. Maybe my HDD (a portable Verbatim 320 GB) isn't perfectly compatible.
I've tried even the latest rev, many cios version, but the problem still remain.
Maybe changing the default paths of the dol from SD to USB can solve this? Or a button to reload the HDD(like the SD one)?

Sorry for my bad english. I hope this can be solved.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CuberToy said:
Hi everyone...

So I'm on Wii 3.3E and rev13a

I was playing my iso with a 8Go drive but lately it doesn't work anymore, i have the Not HD found problem (I have change nothing, so i can't understand). So i decide to buy a HD (250Go) and try, but again : same problem.

I've format it already with WBFS Manager and add some games on it...

If someone know why it does that... I really can't understand.

What cIOS are you running? Make sure it is connected into port 1 (closest to the edge).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny