• Likes 48

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
BentWii.jpg

A little off-topic here, but without a skirt, your signature looks like two GUYS having sex!

wacko.gif

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
bula said:
Does anyone knows where is rev. number located in the source code? Like I said before not a biggy but revision does bot show in credits anymore.
It's showing for me!

biggrin.gif
It does if you downloaded but I compiled it myself and for rev to show-up I needed silksbv installed. Now I am all good.

dogmanky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinx2582 said:
I updated my copy of GX last night (dol+meta through the Update feature. I don't recall the revision number, whatever was available yesterday around 8pm EST), and everything works great with one small exception: Every time I try to update any covers/discs, everything appears to go smoothly right up until the last one finishes, at which point the loader crashes. This isn't a big deal, as all the covers manage to download successfully, I just thought a shot of the crash/dump would be of some use to the development. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to type out the error, so the photo I took will have to do!

NTSC v3.2U with cIOS 13b. Let me know if more information is needed!

Keep up the good work!

Groundhog day?
grog.gif

henkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dinx2582 said:
I updated my copy of GX last night (dol+meta through the Update feature. I don't recall the revision number, whatever was available yesterday around 8pm EST), and everything works great with one small exception: Every time I try to update any covers/discs, everything appears to go smoothly right up until the last one finishes, at which point the loader crashes. This isn't a big deal, as all the covers manage to download successfully, I just thought a shot of the crash/dump would be of some use to the development. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to type out the error, so the photo I took will have to do!

dump.jpg

Keep up the good work!

I downloaded r568 here: http://www.mediafire.com/?nmaiolhy4no

And everything works fine, no code dump after updating the covers.

I did got one 2d cover instead of the 3d cover. Must be wrong on one of the coverservers, it was RYWP01.png (big brain academy) but no big deal.

EDIT: I added the .wad link, corrected to .dol link

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bula said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
bula said:
Does anyone knows where is rev. number located in the source code? Like I said before not a biggy but revision does bot show in credits anymore.
It's showing for me!
biggrin.gif
It does if you downloaded but I compiled it myself and for rev to show-up I needed silksbv installed. Now I am all good.
Yep! That's the only way for you to add the Rev # to the build. I installed this a long time ago!

biggrin.gif

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinx2582 said:

Keep up the good work!

How many times do you have to post the same thing? If you would read this tread you would have your answer by now.

I just updated the dol (rev 568) it should show now rev. 568 in Credits. Please post back as I can not verify....I am at work. :-(

http://www.mediafire.com/?otmod5n5hn0

jonas7611

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dinx2582 said:

dump.jpg

Keep up the good work!

Did the same for me, now I'm updated to latest rev. and that did the trick, so in short, update
smile.gif

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starstremr said:
CHANGE LOG
Code:
added 2 more servers to get images from.ÂÂthey are cycled to spread the load.
if an image is missing on one, we try the others.
changed a bit the way that the screensaver is called
READmii last updated with r525

No user defined settings for art download yet? LOL I guess if it were perfect I'd have nothing left to bitch about
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(starstremr @ Jun 30 2009, 03:11 PM) This looks better

wiihump.jpg

LOL Now she looks too young... I guess I can live with that
biggrin.gif

jonas7611

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got a little question:

How do you use space on your HD for usb loader instaed of the SD??

Got 640Gb WD elements
Made 2 partions, one small(10Gb), and a 2nd with the rest
The first is fat32, and the other is wfsb

On my pc I made the folders for all the stuff (on the fat32) partion
Changed the paths to USB:/xxxxxx/ in the loader, did so to all the pats.

And...., nothing no theme, no covers, no nothing.
The dumps work just fine so nothing wrong with that part.
Do you need a special program to make the fat partition in a special way, I just used windows XP disk manager.
Hope someone can help out
smile.gif

jonas7611

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiimano said:
hdhacker, just have to say that I could not agree more mate

Seagate FreeAgent GO is one of the best drives to use for the wii, end of story

you can't beat portable that shuts off when the wii does

I wish I didn't have to turn standby off though, thats the only way it shuts off, otherwise on standby it will stay turned on, oh well, don't need the standby anyway.

great avatar haha

I've got a WD 640Gb elements , it's nice when it shuts down with Wii
The on from stby is because the USB ports have power when in that mode.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonas7611 said:
Got a little question:

How do you use space on your HD for usb loader instaed of the SD??

Got 640Gb WD elements
Made 2 partions, one small(10Gb), and a 2nd with the rest
The first is fat32, and the other is wfsb

On my pc I made the folders for all the stuff (on the fat32) partion
Changed the paths to USB:/xxxxxx/ in the loader, did so to all the pats.

And...., nothing no theme, no covers, no nothing.
The dumps work just fine so nothing wrong with that part.
Do you need a special program to make the fat partition in a special way, I just used windows XP disk manager.
Hope someone can help out
smile.gif

Try removing the stuff from your SD card - or removing your SD card entirely - assuming you're using the forwarder channel...

Efferri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I couldn't download 3D Box Art or Disc Images through the loader like many of you. So, I went to wiiboxart.com and manually downloaded the 3D boxart to my SD Card
QUOTE said:
/images and Disc images to QUOTE/images/disc

It all works for me, but I wanted to let everyone know that the disc images aren't named right. You have to rename them to the corresponding game number. On the server, they only have the first 3 or 4 characters. This may be why some people can't get the disc images working. Just thought I'd help out. I know I appreciate help when I need it.

Also want to thank everyone who put this proggy together. Its an incredible app and it has breathed new life into the Wii.

Dazzaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cyrex said:
Dazzaz said:
Also, what is the possibility of adding the full covers in GX? I just installed WiiFlow with the full box covers and he loves being able to see the backside of the boxes on the screen.

QUOTE(henkie @ Jun 30 2009, 08:02 AM) Yeah, thats a great future with WiiFlow, the full cover, looks very nice. They should do it with GX grid view to.

Right now it's just pointless to use full covers in the loader because nobody in our team has the needed "know-how" to do 3d rendering. Kylling was kind enough to tell us a bit about his project and maybe when he releases his full source he will help us to get 3d boxes working in our loader. Untill then it's just not usefull to have full covers. If you can do the 3D rendering job feel free to contact us
smile.gif
. Besides that... what is the backside of the cover good for? You can barely read what's written on the back.
If I knew where to start with Wii development I could possibly try helping out... On a 65" screen the text is almost readable. My son likes it because the back shows in game screenshots. I just liked being able to flip the case and see it...

DarkSunDS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dazzaz said:
cyrex said:
Dazzaz said:
Also, what is the possibility of adding the full covers in GX? I just installed WiiFlow with the full box covers and he loves being able to see the backside of the boxes on the screen.

QUOTE(henkie @ Jun 30 2009, 08:02 AM) Yeah, thats a great future with WiiFlow, the full cover, looks very nice. They should do it with GX grid view to.

Right now it's just pointless to use full covers in the loader because nobody in our team has the needed "know-how" to do 3d rendering. Kylling was kind enough to tell us a bit about his project and maybe when he releases his full source he will help us to get 3d boxes working in our loader. Untill then it's just not usefull to have full covers. If you can do the 3D rendering job feel free to contact us
smile.gif
. Besides that... what is the backside of the cover good for? You can barely read what's written on the back.
If I knew where to start with Wii development I could possibly try helping out... On a 65" screen the text is almost readable. My son likes it because the back shows in game screenshots. I just liked being able to flip the case and see it...
Yeah, but not everyone is a spoiled [censored] with 65" TVs. As I said, it just looks fancy, professional, whatever you want to call it. It's in no way useful.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hdhacker said:
Efferri said:
So, I couldn't download 3D Box Art or Disc Images through the loader like many of you.

Upgrade to the latest rev and you will.

I don't know if it's a problem with the USB Loader GX or the file path (the host) but some of my 3D covers were downloaded as 2D. Haven't tried deleting them and redownloading because don't have a card reader atm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8