• Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just upgraded from r468 channel to the r564 forwarder and I'm still running cISO249rev10.

Games like GB and Indy only worked if I patched up to cISO249rev13 and turn 002 on since r468 channel version didn't support anti-002.

Now on r564 forwarder, anti-002 for on for GB and Indy works running cISO249rev10.

Thanks and this thing rocks..
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Satangel said:
How can add covers and disc images to my USB Loader without my Wii having an internet connection?
Can I do that on the PC?
How? I tried it by making the folders as stated here and putting the covers in there, but it didn't work.
Get the boxart at http://www.wiiboxart.com/
Just going to tell you the things I have: my 3d covers are 176x248 and have the full game ID (6 letters/numbers) as name (png)
Disc images are 160x160 and have also the full game ID (png)
Go to the options to paths (or bestandslocaties if you use my dutch lang file) and change the paths to where the images are. (and refresh the SD / restart the usb loader)
Hope it works...

jjplayground

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
warumonols said:
silverbullet1080 said:
I have everything set up, but do I need my 640GB HDD to be in the FAT32 format or can I leave it at NTFS?

FAT32, first if u want to be able to move games from your computer on to the HDD

Does this mean you do not need have a WBFS partition anymore?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jjplayground said:
warumonols said:
silverbullet1080 said:
I have everything set up, but do I need my 640GB HDD to be in the FAT32 format or can I leave it at NTFS?

FAT32, first if u want to be able to move games from your computer on to the HDD

You still need WBFS, but only FAT partitions can be formatted to WBFS

jjplayground

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
henkie said:
slingshot27 said:
How do I choose with cheat I want on or of.
I tried it with a Mario SLugger. A lot of cheats are displayed in a listbox.
I have a create button. When I click on it, it says a fill was created.
But I can not choose which one to turn off or on.
How could I do that?

Please help, I am so close now...

Lot of text for the codes are to big for the display box, so you cant see if the code is ON/OFF.
Default is off, so when you press it once its "ON".

The coders said:
QUOTEmaybe fixed an issue with cheatcode names being too long
But seems the issue is still there

Oke thats why I do not understand it. Can I just rename the cheatcodes to short one so I can see it or will the cheat not work anymore.

jreb13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skiller said:
ANyone notice that the Hand Goes invisable after trying to get Updates for Covers and shit ..

i had it happen 2 times .. i have the newest verson as of this post .. think it was 569 or something

Covers are still not workin
frown.gif

Yes I was noticing that as well, but I though it was just part of the other problems I was having.

LoweryO5

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I need Help!!!!!

I bought a 400 gb Fujitsu HDD and put it into a 2,5 Case. All necessary cIOS are installed on my Wii (3.2) and the latest version of the usbloader gx. If i plug the HDD into the Wii before starting the usbloader, the loading screen freezes and you can't do anything anymore. If I first start the usbloader and then plug in the drive, the drive is found and i have to choose a partition (4 are displayed). The shown partitions have more than 4 billion gb, must be an error. If i chose one of the Partitions it first says succes but then I get a black screen and lots of dump errors. This happens with all of the 4 Partitions and if i try again i still have to format to wbfs, so i think it doesn't do anything. Next thing i tried was to format with my home computer, so I used the Impaler 1.1 Tool to format it to wbfs. it worked. If i plug it now into the Wii, same thing, loading screen freezes forever. If i first start the loader and plug it in afterwards the usbloader starts. But it seems not to work at all. It shows 240.59 GB of 372.59 GB free, but the disk is empty!!! if i try to add a Game (i tried Zelda from original disc) it transfers the game but when it's finished i get nothing to see in the Game list, it's still empty but the HDD memory is gone. When I start the usbloader again, it shows again 240.59 gb free as if i never transfered a game.

Can anyone help me please =(

Any suggestions?

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
silverbullet1080 said:
warumonols said:
silverbullet1080 said:

What if I wanted to put the disk in the Wii and load it from there to the HDD? Or is that not even possible?
Insert game in to dvd drive, press the + icon in usb loader gx and wait.

d popcorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LoweryO5 said:
I need Help!!!!!

I bought a 400 gb Fujitsu HDD and put it into a 2,5 Case. All necessary cIOS are installed on my Wii (3.2) and the latest version of the usbloader gx. If i plug the HDD into the Wii before starting the usbloader, the loading screen freezes and you can't do anything anymore. If I first start the usbloader and then plug in the drive, the drive is found and i have to choose a partition (4 are displayed). The shown partitions have more than 4 billion gb, must be an error. If i chose one of the Partitions it first says succes but then I get a black screen and lots of dump errors. This happens with all of the 4 Partitions and if i try again i still have to format to wbfs, so i think it doesn't do anything. Next thing i tried was to format with my home computer, so I used the Impaler 1.1 Tool to format it to wbfs. it worked. If i plug it now into the Wii, same thing, loading screen freezes forever. If i first start the loader and plug it in afterwards the usbloader starts. But it seems not to work at all. It shows 240.59 GB of 372.59 GB free, but the disk is empty!!! if i try to add a Game (i tried Zelda from original disc) it transfers the game but when it's finished i get nothing to see in the Game list, it's still empty but the HDD memory is gone. When I start the usbloader again, it shows again 240.59 gb free as if i never transfered a game.

Any suggestions?

plug the drive in to your pc. Then click on the windows button and where it says computer right click here and click manage. a new window will pop up now click on disk management on the left and find your usb drive. now you need to delete all partitions to do this right click on the [artition you want to delete and click delete. when you have deleted all partitions from the usb drive you need to make one new big partititon format to ntfs when done all will be fine on wii

d2michael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got Wii Sports Japan working yet? I'm using r549 and rev 13b, but the game crashes to system menu, since it apparently loads a wii motion+ intro vid (like Tiger Woods 10) right after loading.

EDIT: Thanks.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this has been asked and answered. there are different ways to do this.

either use the alt dol method to get past the video and make a save or boot it from DVD and make a save. then it works fine from usb.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tj_cool said:
Satangel said:
How can add covers and disc images to my USB Loader without my Wii having an internet connection?
Can I do that on the PC?
How? I tried it by making the folders as stated here and putting the covers in there, but it didn't work.
Get the boxart at http://www.wiiboxart.com/
Just going to tell you the things I have: my 3d covers are 176x248 and have the full game ID (6 letters/numbers) as name (png)
Go to the options to paths (or bestandslocaties if you use my dutch lang file) and change the paths to where the images are. (and refresh the SD / restart the usb loader)
Hope it works...

It works, some covers don't show up, but for 80% of my games it works.
Thanks a lot!

But with Kororinpa, I download the cover, put it in the right folder, but still it won't work! The cover is from the PAL game and the ISO is also PAL...
And the game ID is also correct.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coverflow is adding user/pass to auto dl cover/disc images, making it a requirement to be a member at the cover site. Will GX also be adding this feature?

The reason being bandwidth.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
tj_cool said:
Satangel said:
Can I do that on the PC?
Get the boxart at [url=http://www.wiiboxart.com/]http://www.wiiboxart.com/[/url]
Hope it works...

Thanks a lot!

But with Kororinpa, I download the cover, put it in the right folder, but still it won't work! The cover is from the PAL game and the ISO is also PAL...
Easiest thing to do is remove all the files from the images folder, make sure you remove files from the subdirectory disk as well, back up the old files to your PC if you want. The loader will then load all the correct covers in one hit and disk images in the second hit.

You will probably find the games that didn't work had old images already on the SD card so the loader didn't bother downloading the images for those games. If you have some working and some not it is far easier just to delete all the images and download them again than to try and work out individualy which ones are ok and which aren't.

Cheers,
grog.gif

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LoweryO5 said:
I need Help!!!!!

Any suggestions?

Delete all the partitions and recreate using windows disk manager. Make certain all the partitions are Primary and perform a quick format on each. At this point it only makes sense to have one WBFS partition so you might want to do the whole drive as one partition unless you are going to use it for MPlayer or such then you need to make the first partition fat 32. I haven't used Impaler but I know WBFS manager 3.0 is easy to find and will format your WBFS partition so it works. Again, make certain no matter what program you use to partition your drive that they are all PRIMARY partitions.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Mantis41 said:
Satangel said:
tj_cool said:
Satangel said:
Can I do that on the PC?
Get the boxart at [url=http://www.wiiboxart.com/]http://www.wiiboxart.com/[/url]
Hope it works...

Thanks a lot!

Easiest thing to do is remove all the files from the images folder, make sure you remove files from the subdirectory disk as well, back up the old files to your PC if you want. The loader will then load all the correct covers in one hit and disk images in the second hit.

You will probably find the games that didn't work had old images already on the SD card so the loader didn't bother downloading the images for those games. If you have some working and some not it is far easier just to delete all the images and download them again than to try and work out individualy which ones are ok and which aren't.

Cheers,
grog.gif

Thanks, but by downloading them, do you mean with the PC or with the Wii?
I collected all the covers I needed on my PC, put them via the PC on the SD card. I don't use my Wii for downloading, because it has no internet on it.

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
jjplayground said:
warumonols said:
silverbullet1080 said:

You still need WBFS, but only FAT partitions can be formatted to WBFS

That is not true. I always quick format to NTFS before formatting with WBFS Manager.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Thanks, but by downloading them, do you mean with the PC or with the Wii?
I collected all the covers I needed on my PC, put them via the PC on the SD card. I don't use my Wii for downloading, because it has no internet on it.
the Wii that way you will be sure they are the right size to display, also takes a lot less effort just press the button and wait for it to happen. Don't know why you would even try and do it on your PC, if you have WIFI just hook up your Wii and away you go, if not I guess you will have to do it the slow way just make sure the covers dimensions are divisible by 4 for example 224*160 not 225*160

cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's always worth a shot