Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dueler said:
WiiShizzza said:
Dueler said:
Anyone wanna fill me in on this alternative dol stuff :\
Last used Ultimate USB loader 7.x so im a bit behind on this.
*Lent out my wii and just got it back lol*

So ya, i tried to check the first post for it and cant see anything except a quick mention.
Where do i get these alternative dols? how do i use them? that kinda thing..
Is there like a list of games that need it?

And many apologies in advance because i know this is the type of question probably asked a trillion times... so hey even a link to a post explaining to some other random nublet will do.

i would second that ^^
-being pretty off of the team those days...

You out of the scene, jeeze guess im not alone then, figured youd be ahead of all this stuff tho seeing as how in root you were back round the time of Ultimate USB loader.

Royusmc said:
QUOTE(Dueler @ Jun 20 2009, 06:09 PM)
Anyone wanna fill me in on this alternative dol stuff :\
Last used Ultimate USB loader 7.x so im a bit behind on this.
*Lent out my wii and just got it back lol*

So ya, i tried to check the first post for it and cant see anything except a quick mention.
Where do i get these alternative dols? how do i use them? that kinda thing..
Is there like a list of games that need it?

And many apologies in advance because i know this is the type of question probably asked a trillion times... so hey even a link to a post explaining to some other random nublet will do.
Ok you will need WiiScrubber140 to get the dol file from the game. So for Mortal Kombat open with WiiScrubber140 and fine the mk7.dol file and put that in the root of the sd card, But that I gess don't work with rev549. So I would just open WiiScrubber140 and replace the main.dol with the mk7.dol you will have to rename it main.dol and you will not need the alt.dol at all. But if you use it you will need to rename the mk7.dol to the 6 digit id of the game. I hope you can understand all of this and I hope it helps.

All makes perfect sense.

To get the ALT dol:
Open with wiiscrubber and get mk7.dol and put on the root of the SD (or whatever .dol is needed for the specific game that needs it)
Then set the path with USB Loader GX.

To replace an ALT dol since alt dol isnt working:
Get the mk7.dol or whichever and replace the main.dol with the renamed mk7.dol. If i am going to use the ALT dol ASWELL name it the 6 digit game id and put it on the root of the SD Card?

I think i have the gist of it.

Thanks,
But still is there a list somewhere of games that need this method?

The games I know of are:

Mortal Kombat Armageddon
SSX Blur
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
RedSteel
House of the Dead 2 & 3 (only needed for HotD 2 if you are not using block IOS reload option)
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (only if you want to play Fate of Atlantis)

I'm sure there are more but those are the only ones I play.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
Hooya said:
Just because I'm starting to get lost with multiple 002 fixes and multiple cIOS compatibility, can someone clarify which IOS is meant to be used with the various game fixes?

My impression is that all of the 002 fix features are intended to work with Hermes' cIOS 222. Does Waninkoko's cIOS 249 work with these fixes?

You can get pretty much all games to work using cIOS 38 rev12, anti-002 fix on, and 002 fix on. The only game I need special settings for right now is House of the Dead 2 & 3. For that game I use cIOS 222 and disable the IOS reboot.

Ah, that's right. 222 is the one that has the not-completely-working IOS reboot issue thing. Does Ghostbusters now work on cIOS249 rev12 now with the anti002 fix? I'd much rather use 12 than 13a... Of course, with 222 now it seems like everything is working (global settings).

Bah, whatever. If anyone answers great, but I'll just mess around and figure it out. Still, this is getting to have too many options that even someone that's trying to keep up with it is getting confused. Noobs have got to be just drowning in all the options right now. (poor noobs)

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
0ld8oy said:
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (only if you want to play Fate of Atlantis)
Well that's interesting. I didn't have to do that method with this game. It only had the 002 error problem.
However the method did work great with Medal of Honour Heroes 2! It was great to see this game working again on my USB loader GX
smile.gif

Apophys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
0ld8oy said:
Apophys said:
QUOTE said:
Red Steel Working PAL REDP41 Extract mail.dol with scrubber, and use usb loader gx rev 543 + alt dol +fix 002 + block cios reload plz confirm
USB Loader v1.x Game Compatibility

Extract mail.dol? intentioned but main.dol is not it? and if it´s extracted what next?

You need to extract the game dol not the main.dol. The name of the game dol should be an abbreviated version of the actual game title, ie...mk7.dol for Mortal Kombat, ssx.dol for SSX Blur...

Next, you need to rename the dol to the 6-digit code for the game. For PAL Red Steel it would be named REDP41.dol.

Place this dol file in the appropriate folder on your sd/usb and make sure the path to the dol is properly defined in the loader settings.

Thank you for Instraction, now go.

d2michael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does boom blox 2 need an alt dol? if not what are the settings to work it on? I dont understand how i can have ghostbusters working and not something like boom blox bash party.

777james

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d2michael said:
does boom blox 2 need an alt dol? if not what are the settings to work it on? I dont understand how i can have ghostbusters working and not something like boom blox bash party.
That's strange, Boom Blox 2 works perfectly for me with all default settings. No fixes, etc on an NTSC machine.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d2michael said:

Boom Blox Bash Party works fine without any 002 fix.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
0ld8oy said:
Hooya said:
Just because I'm starting to get lost with multiple 002 fixes and multiple cIOS compatibility, can someone clarify which IOS is meant to be used with the various game fixes?

My impression is that all of the 002 fix features are intended to work with Hermes' cIOS 222. Does Waninkoko's cIOS 249 work with these fixes?

You can get pretty much all games to work using cIOS 38 rev12, anti-002 fix on, and 002 fix on. The only game I need special settings for right now is House of the Dead 2 & 3. For that game I use cIOS 222 and disable the IOS reboot.

Ah, that's right. 222 is the one that has the not-completely-working IOS reboot issue thing. Does Ghostbusters now work on cIOS249 rev12 now with the anti002 fix? I'd much rather use 12 than 13a... Of course, with 222 now it seems like everything is working (global settings).

Bah, whatever. If anyone answers great, but I'll just mess around and figure it out. Still, this is getting to have too many options that even someone that's trying to keep up with it is getting confused. Noobs have got to be just drowning in all the options right now. (poor noobs)

Everything works now with r543 and cIOS 38 rev12 on 249, and everything works now with Hermes cIOS 222, with Error 002 fix enabled and anti 002 fix enabled in global settings. Including Ghostbusters, Indy Jones, Burger Island, etc. - and the alt dol ones work on either cIOS. I haven't tested all the games on the partition but random checks and the ones with known issues work on either cIOS. Just pick one in global settings. I finally chose 222 because of supposed USB support for all Rockband instruments, although I've only tested it with the mic and the hub.

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
hdhacker said:
d2michael said:

Boom Blox Bash Party works fine without any 002 fix.
my PAL version does not require the error002 fix either

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apophys said:
0ld8oy said:
Apophys said:
QUOTE said:
Red Steel Working PAL REDP41 Extract mail.dol with scrubber, and use usb loader gx rev 543 + alt dol +fix 002 + block cios reload plz confirm
USB Loader v1.x Game Compatibility

Extract mail.dol? intentioned but main.dol is not it? and if it´s extracted what next?

You need to extract the game dol not the main.dol. The name of the game dol should be an abbreviated version of the actual game title, ie...mk7.dol for Mortal Kombat, ssx.dol for SSX Blur...

Next, you need to rename the dol to the 6-digit code for the game. For PAL Red Steel it would be named REDP41.dol.

Place this dol file in the appropriate folder on your sd/usb and make sure the path to the dol is properly defined in the loader settings.

Thank you for Instraction, now go.

...go where?

Stormtrooper

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum.. Recently softhacked my Wii and installed USB Loader 1.5

That of course al worked, but I wanted to try USB Loader GX.

Installed that one, downloaded some covers and decided I didn't want to have the list view of games. So clicked some of the icons in the upper part of the screen. Just until I got this black screen..

Turned of my Wii, restarted USB Loader GX and again black screen... Reinstalled GX, black screen. Deleted GX channel, reinstalled and damn, again black screen.

So I'm now back to that boring looking USB Loader 1.5

Anybody knows what to do to get GX running again?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
0ld8oy said:
Well that's interesting. I didn't have to do that method with this game. It only had the 002 error problem.
However the method did work great with Medal of Honour Heroes 2! It was great to see this game working again on my USB loader GX
smile.gif

To play Indy I don't need to use altdol, but if I want to play Fate of Atlantis I have to boot with the Fate of Atlantis game dol.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stormtrooper said:
Hi All,

Installed that one, downloaded some covers and decided I didn't want to have the list view of games. So clicked some of the icons in the upper part of the screen. Just until I got this black screen..

Turned of my Wii, restarted USB Loader GX and again black screen... Reinstalled GX, black screen. Deleted GX channel, reinstalled and damn, again black screen.

Make sure you delete the settings files from your config folder on your sd/usb then try again. Also, try using the forwarder channel to forward to the boot.dol on your sd/usb so you can more easily update if you have issues.

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got this black screen upon selecting a game which always worked. Rebooted the Wii and same stuff. Then I just updated GX via the update option and the game booted normally. Let's just see until when...

Stormtrooper said:
Hi All,

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
Hooya said:
0ld8oy said:
Hooya said:

Everything works now with r543 and cIOS 38 rev12 on 249, and everything works now with Hermes cIOS 222, with Error 002 fix enabled and anti 002 fix enabled in global settings. Including Ghostbusters, Indy Jones, Burger Island, etc. - and the alt dol ones work on either cIOS. I haven't tested all the games on the partition but random checks and the ones with known issues work on either cIOS. Just pick one in global settings. I finally chose 222 because of supposed USB support for all Rockband instruments, although I've only tested it with the mic and the hub.

Thanks for the update dexter. This pretty much answers 99% of the compatibility questions coming up in this thread.

denpanosekai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you guys have any idea if USB Loader can ever fix the games that don't recognize Wiimote input such as Castlevania Judgment and Illvelo? If I'm not mistaken, these games became broken after 1.1 but I don't think anyone ever bothered to look at the cause.

Recoil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Guitar Hero: Smash Hits work with the usb loader? Apparently when I enter the game it redirects me back to the main wii screen. I have rev13b I believe.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
denpanosekai said:
Do you guys have any idea if USB Loader can ever fix the games that don't recognize Wiimote input such as Castlevania Judgment and Illvelo? If I'm not mistaken, these games became broken after 1.1 but I don't think anyone ever bothered to look at the cause.

According to the USB Loader compatibility wiki...
QUOTEPAL - Wiimote working tested on GX+cios10

Obviously that is for PAL but the NTSC version is still listed as working with 1.1 (which GX is based off of correct?) so there shouldn't be an issue with it...

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
denpanosekai said:

I have not had an issue with Castlevania Judgment with cIOS10 or higher using USB Loader GX.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: