Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
dexter222 said:
Bloodlust said:
Anyone has this problem? When I run a game such as HOTD2 with cios 222 and IOS reload block, upon exiting the game it hangs it doesn't return to system menu. I only notice this happens if IOS reload is enabled.

If you have IOS Block enabled it can't return to the main menu - you have to reset or power off instead of returning to the menu because it's still blocking the IOS from reloading that it needs to load the menu (that's my guess anyways someone tell me if I'm wrong?)

I only use IOS reload with cios 222. It works with HOTD2&3. Red steel/Indy doesn't work with it still needs an alternate dol. Since I am back on rev10 I guess cios 222/223 is not so useful after all since the anti 002 fix is available. I really hope the gx team would fix the bug of exiting with IOS reload enabled.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cocomonk22 said:
dexter222 said:
I posted before I can't test fate of atlantas with IOS reload block because I haven't completed enough of Indy Jones game - I need at least one glory hole or some such first
smile.gif
In the main menu, while holding down Z press: A,Up,Up,B,Down,Down,Left,Right,Left,B to unlock Fate of Atlantis.

The trick for getting into fate of atlantis works - blocking IOS reload doesn't work for me, but alternate dol works now on r550.

zezke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tried this usb loader for the first time yesterday, it works great and always finds my external hard drive where coverflowloader doesn't. But i can't seem to launch guitar hero world tour and samba de amigo, both NTSC games on my PAL. Dead Rising, also NTSC, works any ideas?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cocomonk22 said:
dexter222 said:
I posted before I can't test fate of atlantas with IOS reload block because I haven't completed enough of Indy Jones game - I need at least one glory hole or some such first
smile.gif
In the main menu, while holding down Z press: A,Up,Up,B,Down,Down,Left,Right,Left,B to unlock Fate of Atlantis.
LOL - then pour a circle of salt around yourself and chant an incantation

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@zezke
The readmii (Dutch version is in my sig btw) advises to try all combinations of options to launch a game. Change the video mode, vidTV patch,...

Of course it could be the games causing the problem. You'll have to search to find out

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
Everything works now with r543 and cIOS 38 rev12 on 249, and everything works now with Hermes cIOS 222, with Error 002 fix enabled and anti 002 fix enabled in global settings. Including Ghostbusters, Indy Jones, Burger Island, etc. - and the alt dol ones work on either cIOS. I haven't tested all the games on the partition but random checks and the ones with known issues work on either cIOS. Just pick one in global settings. I finally chose 222 because of supposed USB support for all Rockband instruments, although I've only tested it with the mic and the hub.
There is another advantage to doing this, you can then go back to 249 Rev13a to fix the disk in drive bug for Metroid and De-blob.

zezke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tj_cool said:
@zezke
The readmii (Dutch version is in my sig btw) advises to try all combinations of options to launch a game. Change the video mode, vidTV patch,...

Of course it could be the games causing the problem. You'll have to search to find out

Thank you, but i already tried a lot of combinations and none is working. It can't be the games because i could load them in coverflowloader without a problem.

terryforever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
terryforever said:
(sry for my english)

i think i need some help here,
i'm using rev543 now for the ghostbuster,
thing really work fine,
but now the problem is the Forwarders,
after i use the r543, the Forwarders got some problem,
if give me black screen when i select it at the wii menu, sometime it work n load my Harddisk,
but mostly it just doesnt load, depend on luck,
when it black screen, i unplug the hd, the usbloader gx select screen will appear,
n ask me like using cios 222, or 249, then i select one, n it say cant detect my hd,
n ask me to reformat it. but if i load the gx from HBC, is no problem at all.
i have try the latest forwarders, also the same,
just how/what do i need to solve this problem?
y nobody answer me??
unsure.gif

dbest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
natemckn said:
dbest said:
On another thread I read about "alt dols", can someone tell me what these are?

I tried searching the site and google, but did not get any good response.

dol files are like exe for windows, they are the files that the wii runs. Games are made up of a dol file or two on the disc. There are some games that load the main dol then reload the IOS causing the USB loader to crash then try to load the game dol. To fix this, some loaders are implementing a technique where you copy the game dol to your SD card then have the loader load the game from there so it doesnt crash on the IOS reload

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
It's an IOS reload problem. It's still not fixed in any configuration, although Hermes' cIOS222 is the one that's closest to working right now.

You can run the Fat of Atlantis game with the alternate dol loading procedure, but that's the only way without a disk+modchip solution right now.

Oh. I thought the 002 problem (and fix) was an IOS reload issue. I thought the 002 fix was to prevent the IOSes from reloading. Is that wrong?

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
now I can use rev 10 again, and my 8gb pendrive works as long as I have only 1 game on it. Otherwise I only get the last game in the list displayed three times. heh!
why do you guys hate pendrives so much
tongue.gif
LOL

@the irc guys: don't worry, I'll "man up and get a usb hdd" soon
smile.gif
thanks for all the help you gave me in our chats!

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hdhacker said:
Hooya said:
It's an IOS reload problem. It's still not fixed in any configuration, although Hermes' cIOS222 is the one that's closest to working right now.

You can run the Fat of Atlantis game with the alternate dol loading procedure, but that's the only way without a disk+modchip solution right now.

Oh. I thought the 002 problem (and fix) was an IOS reload issue. I thought the 002 fix was to prevent the IOSes from reloading. Is that wrong?

That is wrong. They are different issues. 002 is deliberately built into games starting with Super Mario Galaxy that were designed to detect games being run from a burned disk + modchip. It calls on the drive for some sort of check to determine if the disk is pressed or not. There is now a newer version of the 002 check that doesn't seem to be focused on modchips at all since all modchips that corrected the first 002 issue don't have a problem with the newer 002 check.

The IOS reload is simply a game directory structure feature that has been around since as early as Red Steel, so it wasn't designed to combat anything, it's just proving to be a tricky thing for USB loaders to get around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?