• Replies 29,371
  • Likes 48

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I left the temp and my Wii in general when the USB loader had just come out and I come back to this! This is so well done and works well. I just was wondering if there was a place I could get the latest release of a WAD or the program that lets you add the DOL file to the old WAD because I can't remember what its called any more.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
Wow, I left the temp and my Wii in general when the USB loader had just come out and I come back to this! This is so well done and works well. I just was wondering if there was a place I could get the latest release of a WAD or the program that lets you add the DOL file to the old WAD because I can't remember what its called any more.

wadder :-)

Dueler

Trophies
Website
dueler.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Anyone wanna fill me in on this alternative dol stuff :\
Last used Ultimate USB loader 7.x so im a bit behind on this.
*Lent out my wii and just got it back lol*

So ya, i tried to check the first post for it and cant see anything except a quick mention.
Where do i get these alternative dols? how do i use them? that kinda thing..
Is there like a list of games that need it?

And many apologies in advance because i know this is the type of question probably asked a trillion times... so hey even a link to a post explaining to some other random nublet will do.

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bula said:
CheatingSoi said:

wadder :-)

http://sites.google.com/site/usbloadergui/...loads/revisions
http://wii.spiffy360.com/loader.php

That should be good for you.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dueler said:

So ya, i tried to check the first post for it and cant see anything except a quick mention.

And many apologies in advance because i know this is the type of question probably asked a trillion times... so hey even a link to a post explaining to some other random nublet will do.

i would second that ^^
-being pretty off of the team those days...

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dueler said:

Ok you will need WiiScrubber140 to get the dol file from the game. So for Mortal Kombat open with WiiScrubber140 and fine the mk7.dol file and put that in the root of the sd card, But that I gess don't work with rev549. So I would just open WiiScrubber140 and replace the main.dol with the mk7.dol you will have to rename it main.dol and you will not need the alt.dol at all. But if you use it you will need to rename the mk7.dol to the 6 digit id of the game. I hope you can understand all of this and I hope it helps.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using this loader since day one, and I just wanted to say how amazing it turned out to be. I have been sitting at rev10, refusing to update until a proper fix comes along, and the anti-002 fix was the answer. I didn't even bother with all the swapping main .dols, and alternative .dol loading, and I'm glad because USB Loader GX makes all those methods pointless. All I had to do was download the latest rev, turn anti 002 fix and 002 fix on, and Indiana Jones booted on the first try. Even more amazing is that Solitaire vs. Mahjong worked for the first time for me (I refused to use rev13a). My Wii specs are 4.0U (Waninkoko), cIOSrev10, Hermes cIOS 202 (homebrew), and Kwiirk's cIOS 222 (original). Here are working games I've tested with the anti-002 fix:

-Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
-Ghostbusters
-MySims Racing
-Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010
-Solitaire & Mahjong

I tried Metal Slug 6, but my version was from a backup that was patched to 249, and it didn't work. Can anyone with an unpatched Metal Slug confirm that MS6 works using the anti-002 fix? This loader seriously has to be close to completion, since I think of much that this loader doesn't do. Great job to all the developers, and thanks for making the most solid, and feature-rich loader available
smile.gif

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just put this loader on my SD card I was happy with 1.5 and breadfaces loader but going to rev13a to fix a few games was a pain now with the anti 002 fix i can go back to rev 10
smile.gif
thanks to all who made this loader and the time you guys put into it

P.S. dsfanatic5 love your sig especially since I do the same thing lol

cocomonk22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having problems with r549; it won't load Tiger Woods 10 with cios38 rev13 and error 002 fix on. It freezes after selecting the game in the loader. The wiimote light turns off as well. It works fine with r546.

UPDATE: I set global error 002 fix and reset TW10 to use global defaults and it works.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
dexter222 said:
teegale said:
I updated from r543 to r549 and my alternate dol games no longer want to work. All 3 of them get a black screen. I reverted back to 543 and don't have any problems. Just a heads up to everyone.

Yes... alternate dol support is gone again - I have to revert to 543 until it's fixed...

No wonder red steel was hanging with a black screen with r549.

777james

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the newb question, but would it be possible for someone to give a quick step-by-step instruction on how to switch from using the channel to using the forwarder. From what I have read, I need to do it to get some of my stuff working right, but I have read some conflicting stuff on this board of what to do to make the switch and what to delete or not delete and so am a bit confused of how to best make the switch. Thanks.

SomeGuy2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what happened, but ever since about 5 or so rev's ago the loader will no longer see my hd. not sure if I changed something (very posible) or its the loader its self. I have even tried removing all the settings files and themes ect.. still wont detect my hd. has anything drastic changed that could cause this?

CoverFlow RC5 Works fine so I know the drive/fs/games are good.

Also how can I get the disc channel to work with game backup dvd's? Ever since I upgraded to system menu 4.0 it doesnt work anymore.

SG

Solecist

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
i have my Pal Wii bricked. ... i can only boot by bootmi and go to the Homebrew Channel Without WIIMOTE support.. ..so, i can enter the USB Loader GX.... but i tried to reinstall the system menu. ...and now, the usb loader asks me for turn on the usb hdd , wich is connected, and asks for boot in 249 or 222 BUT i cant choose those options with GC controller.....so, it would be nice if someone could explain me work to put USB Loader Gx working now...please....
i Cant resolve my issue witj GC_Fix and SettingsReplace dols....
frown.gif
says that it cant find settings.txt ...

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
777james said:
Sorry for the newb question, but would it be possible for someone to give a quick step-by-step instruction on how to switch from using the channel to using the forwarder. From what I have read, I need to do it to get some of my stuff working right, but I have read some conflicting stuff on this board of what to do to make the switch and what to delete or not delete and so am a bit confused of how to best make the switch. Thanks.

+1.

grox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have an 320GB HDD (Packard Bell). On the Wii: sys menu 3.2E and Cios REv 10. Playing with the latest version (549?) i see many problems with the USB loader GX. Games are not loading at all (Marble's Balance Chalange). I see its loading, but no screen comes up. Some games freeze after starting, lik Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I also notice that when I play a game that works (like Jewel master), and when I go back in the sytemmenu, start again USB loader, the HDD sees the games, but doesn't start them. Has this something to do with my HDD? Or is there another explanation?

leobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi
My HDD Trekstor DataStation maxi classic 250GB is not compatibel with new Forwarder (16.06) and new usbloader GX rev
unsure.gif

My Wii:
4.0eWaninkoko, cIos 13b, Wiikey2
HDD:
F:/2GB FAT32
H:/232GB WBFS
Old rev and forwarder work perfect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ew