• Views 7,257,784
  • Replies 29,392
  • Likes 48

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's more of a convenience sake than anything but is it possible to make the Country String Patch available for the "each game setting" rather than the "USB Loader setting"? When playing games from multiple-regions, it does get tidious at times since some games don't boot when it's on and you have reboot Wii and change the settings / or forgetting to turn it on when the game needs it

timebandit

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I too have the freeze when loading the second game. Using cIOS13b. Installed cIOS12 to test.

Why is there a new forwarder with every DOL release? Is there any need to install the new FORWARDER all the time? What is the difference between every new FORWARDER?

Eclipse01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to say, this is BY FAR my favorite loader, the only thing that I wish there was added was automatic download of game/disk covers.

can this be implement in an update, if not thats no big deal either.

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
timebandit said:
I too have the freeze when loading the second game. Using cIOS13b. Installed cIOS12 to test.

Why is there a new forwarder with every DOL release? Is there any need to install the new FORWARDER all the time? What is the difference between every new FORWARDER?

the FORWARDER is the same so no need to update every time just the DOL, ELF, CHANNEL change every time. The only time to change it is when they post it has changed on the first post. i have it in my sig just so people have quick access.

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eclipse01 said:
just wanted to say, this is BY FAR my favorite loader, the only thing that I wish there was added was automatic download of game/disk covers.

unlock it then click on the Cover to download game/disk covers

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jarock said:
For Dimok
just a note to say the guy who is says it code dumps after downloading covers is right and has been the last 20-25 revs
blink.gif
Sorry I should of mentioned it sooner but thought would of corrected in newer revs but it dumps if you start any game after connecting to server to dl covers, regardless if you dl any or not but once you connect and then try and start a game it will always dump you. Is fine if you quit after server connect and restart loader again. Will give you the error later but seems cIOS 10,12 is the same running 3.2e.
Will check later when at home.
Ok i fixed that in 474. It shouldnt codedump after network initialize before gamestart now (except maybe when you are in Carousell (its a memory eater)). I made a temporary fix for it which will be replaced by DrayX7 when he is back. (his latest rev didnt yet have the fix in it)

Right now i got a lot of stuff to do for college again that is why i wont be coding much in the next 3-4weeks probably. Only small fixes here and then may come from me. Till than DrayX probably will have that fixed and if not i will start it than.

Just as a note to all:

If you don't intiate network before gamestart the compatibility of the Loader is higher.

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
r474

**NOTE 1: r466 You might want to delete your Configfiles before using this new Rev.
**NOTE 2: r468 the default setting is that there is NO PASSWORD SET and the loader starts in godmode.

OR
check the site's http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/ download page
for the latest official channel (r468 - 2009/06/06), the new official forwarder (2009/06/06), official covers (2009/05/28) and discs (2009/05/30) packs, language files, old hermes 222 which was compatible, Waninkoko's cIOS38 v13b plus anything else that worth the space
tongue.gif

You can also grab the now outdated pack of Version 1.0 for the icon and meta file.

NEWS page informs about the important stuff
(plz read
the first post or the help page + FAQ page at the sitebefore asking
)

People who cant load the loader or having some troubles
they should try to use .ELF
since .ELF is a lot more accurate in processing code

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to ask a stupid quesiton but what does the "channel" update and it's function?

When I installed USB Loader GX, I don't remember installing a Channel either. I only remember installing USB Forwarder.wad from the Homebrew >> Wad Installer and the USB Loader GX itself. Or does the Forwarder installer contain the Channel as well?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
djricekcn said:
Sorry to ask a stupid quesiton but what does the "channel" update and it's function?

When I installed USB Loader GX, I don't remember installing a Channel either. I only remember installing USB Forwarder.wad from the Homebrew >> Wad Installer and the USB Loader GX itself.
The update is for the forwarder
it will update the .dol in the SD:/apps/usbloader_gx folder, so the forwarder will load the new one
smile.gif

Eclipse01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nightwalker said:
Eclipse01 said:

unlock it then click on the Cover to download game/disk covers

No, I mean when you install a game it automatically downloads cover/disk info. Or is that what you are saying?

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only two clicks you have to do to download the covers once you unlock, don't need auto update is what I think he's implying.

FYI: You can have the cover displaying any game. Long as you click on the cover icon and download, it'll download covers / cd prints of all the ones that are missing. No need to do it individually nor highlight on a missing one

lorier

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can the covers, cd prints and config file be used from a HD FAT32 partition ?
.dol seems to work but without covers.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any plans to make the covers start using the "real" 3D on TheOtherZone, meaning the "Full Cover" section. Some loaders have this now and it looks really nice, but I still think this loader is tops.

Shonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be nice if at some point we could run the whole thing off the fat32 partition on the hd instead of sd

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lorier said:
Can the covers, cd prints and config file be used from a HD FAT32 partition ?
.dol seems to work but without covers.

QUOTE(Shonk @ Jun 8 2009, 10:35 PM) Would be nice if at some point we could run the whole thing off the fat32 partition on the hd instead of sd
Come on guys, please get this in there! I see that it's of low priority on google codes, but I think it should be higher. And I remember someone on your team saying it can't be done, but Configurable USB Loader does, so what's up? Also, does anyone have a mediafire link to the 3d box arts? rapidshare already locked me out.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
dimok said:
jarock said:
For Dimok
just a note to say the guy who is says it code dumps after downloading covers is right and has been the last 20-25 revs
blink.gif
Sorry I should of mentioned it sooner but thought would of corrected in newer revs but it dumps if you start any game after connecting to server to dl covers, regardless if you dl any or not but once you connect and then try and start a game it will always dump you. Is fine if you quit after server connect and restart loader again. Will give you the error later but seems cIOS 10,12 is the same running 3.2e.
Will check later when at home.
Ok i fixed that in 474. It shouldnt codedump after network initialize before gamestart now (except maybe when you are in Carousell (its a memory eater)). I made a temporary fix for it which will be replaced by DrayX7 when he is back. (his latest rev didnt yet have the fix in it)

Right now i got a lot of stuff to do for college again that is why i wont be coding much in the next 3-4weeks probably. Only small fixes here and then may come from me. Till than DrayX probably will have that fixed and if not i will start it than.

Just as a note to all:

If you don't intiate network before gamestart the compatibility of the Loader is higher.
Thanks m8! Get the head down and do ya college stuff this can wait! Thanks again

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I just talked to pune on the IRC, he said that loading configs/covers/themes and what not from a fat32 partition is currently being worked on. He said him and dimok are just trying to figure out the best way to implement it, so no more naggin on that!

Solecist

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
ok, thats the second time that this happens, after make download/update all ....i make restart and then, i cant enter in usb loader gx.....my wii restarts, and when trying to enter in it with HChannel, opening the usbloader gx frezzes at half loading.... i had to delete all usbloader gx folders and download manually.

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bannerxeu.png
r475
Current -- DOL / ELF / CHANNEL

**NOTE 1: r466 You might want to delete your Configfiles before using this new Rev.**
**NOTE 2: r468 NO PASSWORD IS SET by default and the loader starts in godmode.**

OR
check the site's http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/ download page for the
latest official channel (r475 - 2009/06/08),
the new official forwarder (2009/06/06),
official covers (2009/05/28) and discs (2009/05/30) packs, language files,
old hermes 222 which was compatible, Waninkoko's cIOS38 v13b plus anything else that worth the space
tongue.gif

You can also grab the now outdated pack of Version 1.0 for the icon and meta file.AND
Click here to stay informed on the current NEWS about the loader and important stuff
(plz read
the first post or the help page + FAQ page at the sitebefore asking
)

People who cant load the loader or having some troubles
they should try to use .ELF
since .ELF is a lot more accurate in processing code

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, watching the first episode of the anime we were talking about last night