• Likes 48

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bl00dclaat said:
By the way great work so far on the loader.

Here's a preview of the skin:
Add an HBC icon and Forwarder Channel with these graphics, and this would easily be the best theme out.
smile.gif

joshed

Trophies
Website
www.scened.info
XP
Country
United States
It has been said that GX will never have that feature. Features are changing too rapidly, auto update would end up backfiring. Maybe it will include the feature in the future for release updates, but it's still just revisions now with only one release, so don't count on it.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zouille83 said:
Hello

I find a small probleme.
If you download a corrupted picture (covers) you have a code dump when you select the game in the list.
I found that bug today too and we are trying to fix that. Searching for the source of the corruption. It all started with the use of the new libogc (rev 370?).

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
swarmster said:
If it's possible to read the Wii's internal timekeeping stats from the message board, then the loader would presumably just have to look up what game was last launched and how long the last "USB Loader GX" listing (or whatever it's reporting itself as now) is on the message board. That would be the easiest way, though I suppose it would tack on a minute or two if you spend a long time in the launcher before launching a game.
I don't think you understood. The Wii doesn't keep ANY stats for ANY game launched from our application AT ALL... EVER. I created a file to keep the play count and that file is stored on the SD card and is changed when you launch a game. We don't have ANY way to keep track of the playtime unless you want to use a clock and manually input it into the loader. I don't know how to explain it any simpler than this.

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moose13 said:
Moose13 said:
I have a question on the parental controls. There are levels 0-3. What does each one mean?
Is there a way to globally lock out Mature rated games?

This got burried from yesterday. I hope someone can answer this for me. I've searched, but found nothing.

Thanks for all the hard work

Anyone??

moloko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
bl00dclaat said:
dimok said:
moloko said:
before with r395 my wii crash, now when i want load usbloader GX after 3s come back to the menu HBC! (i try with r391 it's same)
what this? (usbloader 1.1 work good)

dont take r395 it fuck*** my wii
frown.gif
Maybe you set Parentalcontroll on? Because that causes crashes right now and is going to be fixed soon. I tried 395 and it works fine for me and some other people tried that too. No one seems to have your problem.

Try deleting/renaming your config folder in the root of the SD and start again.

I was using r387 last night and the same thing happened after i clicked the fav star for a game. GX crashed and all subsequent attempts to boot it just exited to HBC in about 3 seconds. Deleting the GXconfig files from the config folder allowed me to start the loader again though. It's also happened to me on a previous release with the favourites option.

i make same before (delet all files inside the Config folder, reinstall cIOS10) but after 2 minutes the problem comeback, tomorrow i uninstall cIOS10 for install cIOS9 to see

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
swarmster said:
If it's possible to read the Wii's internal timekeeping stats from the message board, then the loader would presumably just have to look up what game was last launched and how long the last "USB Loader GX" listing (or whatever it's reporting itself as now) is on the message board. That would be the easiest way, though I suppose it would tack on a minute or two if you spend a long time in the launcher before launching a game.
I don't think you understood. The Wii doesn't keep ANY stats for ANY game launched from our application AT ALL... EVER. I created a file to keep the play count and that file is stored on the SD card and is changed when you launch a game. We don't have ANY way to keep track of the playtime unless you want to use a clock and manually input it into the loader. I don't know how to explain it any simpler than this.

I don't care about stats, really, but I don't understand the statement that "the Wii doesn't keep ANY stats from this loader at all".... when I play a game via USB Loader, I clearly receive a total play time message from my Wii, letting me know exactly how long I've been playing on this loader. Instead of a per-game basis, the play time is just listed as "USB Loader 0:36:35" (or whatever the exact layout is, but the stats are MOST DEFINITELY listed. Every single time I use the loader. This is via the 1.0 release on the front page, BTW.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is the channel that is showing up in your Wii stats. The Wii only keeps track of stuff that is launched from the system menu. People using HBC, sendelf, preloader, ect will not have these entries in their Wii stats. And it isn't keeping track of game time, it is keeping track of the time from when you launched the channel to when the cycle was interrupted. Mine shows that I launched the HBC 496 times and that I've spent 10 hours there. But it doesn't list what apps I started from the HBC. No matter how much you want it to, It won't.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bl00dclaat said:
Thanks.

I have an HBC icon done. I might need someone to help me with the Forwarder Channel though, I've never done one of those.
Well I can help you make a forwarder it if you'd like. Don't know if you wanna post the graphics or hit me up with a PM with a link.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't care less about this feature, but assuming the loader was not launched from HBC, but instead launched from a dedicated channel in the system menu, you could calculate the play time of a game by checking the difference in playtime for the loader channel since the last time (minus the time spent in the loader) and add it to the total for the game that was launched. Granted it seems like a lot of work for a minor feature, but it would be doable under those specific conditions.

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
leobo said:
Yes r395 work very good on my Wii 4.0e Pal.
I have problem with Sam n' Max Pal game , De Blob Pal and Animal Crossing Pal.

Sam n Max will never run through the loader because it doesn't even run proper on backup launcher (have to use hooks n reboot).

nightwalker said:
QUOTE(Dudando @ May 23 2009, 03:48 PM) Is possible to have an auto-update feature in the loader?
Would be sweet.
+1 some of the other loaders already have this implemented
No chance to get that yet. Or do you really want to have 3 or 4 updates a day? Anyway who would compile a revision as soon as it comes out? Not me... sorry.

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
is it normal for the new revision to come up with a lot of "echo's" during compilation? just reinstalled linux and devkitpro etc and compiled rev396... seemed to compile ok, but haven't tested it yet...
heres the link anyway

edit: haha, by the time it uploaded someone beat me to it
smile.gif

edit 2: tested file works fine, also uploading updated channel thanks to tj_cools link although i'd probably stick with the original 1.0 channel for now but this might be handy to test out

machineh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alright guys im trying to compile it myself and im getting this error any idea how to fix it

Code:
fatmounter.c
/home/*****/usbloadergx/source/fatmounter.c: In function 'USBDevice_Init':
/home/*****/usbloadergx/source/fatmounter.c:18: error: too many arguments to function 'fatMount'
/home/*****/usbloadergx/source/fatmounter.c: In function 'SDCard_Init':
/home/*****/usbloadergx/source/fatmounter.c:45: error: too many arguments to function 'fatMount'
make[1]: *** [fatmounter.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

SOLVED: Thanks to self_slaughter

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, not sure... sure you installed devkit properly and only installed the files listed on the first post?

may of played up if you installed libogc-fat or something extra (just a guess)
i know i had problems beforehand if i tried to use versions other then what was on the first post
i just reinstalled it all myself and only used the three files

devkitPPC_r17-i686-linux.tar.bz2 (from sourceforge) extracted to /opt/devkitpro
then devkitPro Libraries 03-04-2009.zip (from first post) extracted to /opt/devkitpro/libogc
and then libogc-05-13.zip (from first post) extracted to /opt/devkitpro
(tried to install oldest files first, didn't pay attention whether anything got overwritten or not but just to be safe
smile.gif
)

then these two lines added to end of .bashrc

export DEVKITPRO=/opt/devkitpro
export DEVKITPPC=$DEVKITPRO/devkitPPC

and everything seemed to go a-ok for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1