• Replies 29,352
  • Likes 47

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strange things happening again :(
I didn't change booting method, except adding the version text, and setting IOS58 as loader's IOS if there's no found cIOS on the console.

1243 works fine?
Could it be the boot partition order change? I'm not having any problems with 1244 at all but I only have one big FAT32 partition on my drive.

There are only 3 changes from 1239 to 1244 that could be causing it.
libFAT update (there is actually a newer version 1.0.14),
partition detection,
IOS58 changes.

We need a template for people to quote and fill in when reporting stuff. :P

RaptureDJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My homebrew channel is 1.1.0.

I use to update it frequently years ago but stopped after my laptop died. Im actually happy with where it boots from already, from the HBC. im just having issues getting xenoblade to work. List says it's fine so i know i must be really outdated.

RaptureDJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i just replace the boot.dol file on my memory card from the new folder I downloaded? what is the forwarder again?

EDIT: Never mind, got 3.0 w/ the latest revision going. Thanks again. Just still having issues loading xenoblade chronicles. I keep getting "reading disc..." after i load it, follow by "an error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc, and turn off the power to the console"

EDIT 2: Also, having issues with playing SSE on SMBB. Does it have to do with the cios I currently have? my boot up screen has IOS v70, Systemmenu v841, priiloader v0.2 (r30) and i have cIOS 222 installer on my HBC (which must mean that's the current cIOS i have installed, I hope).

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i just replace the boot.dol file on my memory card from the new folder I downloaded? what is the forwarder again?

EDIT: Never mind, got 3.0 w/ the latest revision going. Thanks again. Just still having issues loading xenoblade chronicles. I keep getting "reading disc..." after i load it, follow by "an error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc, and turn off the power to the console"

EDIT 2: Also, having issues with playing SSE on SMBB. Does it have to do with the cios I currently have? my boot up screen has IOS v70, Systemmenu v841, priiloader v0.2 (r30) and i have cIOS 222 installer on my HBC (which must mean that's the current cIOS i have installed, I hope).

The newest HBC is 1.1.2. Update using the installer here: http://bootmii.org/download/

You need some kind of cIOS installed for Wii games. Post an output from SysCheck if you'd like someone to verify you have the necessary cIOSes.
The latest version of of USB Loader GX is r1244. (Cyan's IOS249 build is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yxvp9qp0wn0sbrt/R1244.7z)

Replacing the .dol file should be fine. It will automatically update the Homebrew Channel manifest (meta.xml) the first time you run it.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r1244
Issue it doesn't recognize the HDD if loader boot with IOS58 and falls to NAND channel mode, it boots fine when using 251(58) though.
It's working now, maybe the drive got dizzy after the IOS change. Sorry guys ;c

So everything is working ok for you on a Wii-U with r1244?

RaptureDJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i can have multiple cIOS? Sorry for being such a noob again but i haven't done this since about 2011/12. I have about 60 games now. Most work with no issues but I've installed a few games recently that the list say work but dont for me. They might not start up from the beggining or stop during middle of game. Games are xenoblade, pikmin, and SSBB.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
HBC 1.1.0 is good enough. (except sometime there's a bug where png icons are not displayed, but it's not a problem to launch homebrew)
1.1.1+ is for vWii
If you install 1.1.0 it doesn't even tell you there's a new update as it's not a critical fix, it only fix icon and vWii compatibility.

If Xenoblade gives you error, it could be a bad ISO.
Check its sha1 with WiiBackupManager sha1 option.
if it's good, it could be your HDD is too fragmented, run defrag on it. best compatibility with 32k/cluster I think.

You can have multiple cIOS installed at the same time.
Nintendo installs multiple IOS already, and each game use the one it needs.
You have ~150 slots to install custom IOS (from 200 to 255).
Usually, USBLoaders are using the slot249, 250 for Waninkoko and d2x cIOS. And using 222, 223, 224 for Hermes cIOS.

To get latest features, you should update to d2x v8 (or v10).
249 : d2x v8 based on IOS56
250 : d2x v8 based on IOS57

set the loader to use the slot249.

Greywolf:
There are only 3 changes from 1239 to 1244 that could be causing it.
libFAT update (there is actually a newer version 1.0.14),
partition detection,
IOS58 changes.
- LibFat : maybe. But users had detection issue before I update too :/
But it could be an issue. I saw the 1.0.14 after I updated.
the changes in the library shouldn't affect the detection, it adds features (attribute check/set, so I will be able to edit wbfs file read-only status to prevent black screen)
We should test if reverting the library helps users with detection issue.

- Partition detection is not affected at boot time, but when launching a game.
In fact, I didn't change the detection, only removed the fixed "usb1:/" string and replaced it with "game partition:/" variable. no detection is done differently.

- IOS58 is not a real change, it only affects the Loader's setting, not the way it boots when using it.
If the user has cIOS, IOS58 change from 1244 has no effect.

ilikegoldengrahams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!
I've just come across a little issue with Raving Rabbids Party Collection. I am using a PAL .wbfs file on my PAL Wii and when playing T.V Part after reaching Saturday I select a channel and the mini game does not load and the only thing I am able to do is turn of the Wii with the remote. However once manually selecting the .dol for the third game I select the minigame and it seems to load fine. I can provide more info if necessary. All my CIOS's and IOS's are up to date according to ModMii and I am using version r1239 of USB Loader GX. The update function in USB Loader states I am up to date.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Selecting the dol manually fix the problem?
Dol reloading in game should be fixed since d2x v7.
Be sure that the "Block IOS Reload" setting in the loader or game's setting is set to Auto or ON.
Use a cIOS slot where you have d2x v7+ (for example, saying you are up to date but setting the IOS slot to use Hermes IOS will not work)

If using d2x v7+ and the setting is correctly to Auto or ON, then maybe there's a bug in the loader.
- Try another dol reloading game : Metroid prime trilogy selecting a game, Sam&max selecting a chapter, any Motion+ game loading without seeing the video (zelda skyward sword, Wiisport2, etc.), SSX blur loading normally.
- try another loader : wiiflow or cfg, to see if the game reloads the dol correctly.

ilikegoldengrahams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick reply.
Block IOS reload is set to auto.
My IOS's for loader and game are both set to IOS 249. This is taken from my syscheck:

IOS249[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

I've been playing Metroid Prime Trilogy through GX recently and that seems fine...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks.
So your IOS is good, settings too, and other games are working.
It's not a loader or setup issue.

Maybe it's a specific reloading method used by this game that cIOS reload feature is not covering.
or there's a bug in the game or the ISO.
Verify your ISO (sha1 option in WiiBackupManager). If it's good then I suppose that game is different than others, and don't know how to fix your problem except using alternative dol loading method from the loader.

neek2o would be able to fix the issue, but I didn't add it to the loader yet.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, I don't know why CFG would work but not GX.
the setting is the same, applied the same way.
Then the cIOS is doing its job as reloading the dol, the loader has nothing to do except enabling the option.

rapture: don't delete it yet, check its sha1 to be sure it's good or bad.
Verify that the files are not write protected too, it's known issue to cause freezes. I don't understand why as it's only read and not written...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night