• Views 7,273,214
  • Replies 29,404
  • Likes 48

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I tested several games with either r83 or r84 and worked no problem.
(both vWii and Wii)
The autoboot should be a transparent option except you turn on the
emu. memory card option with r79~r82.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
R1219 is available.
You can find it:
- at the usual place
- in my signature.
- inside the loader > settings > update (only for dol and forwarder version, no full channel update).
I tested it enough and fixed most bugs so I finally push it to all users (hopefully they will stop asking why it asks to copy gamecube on SD :lol: )

One thing I didn't test, and I would like someone to do the test for me:
Try to dump a 4GB+ game with no split option, on NTFS, with an SD card in FAT32 inserted.
Let me know if the split issue is fixed. thanks :)

mur

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've brought out my Wii after it's been sitting in a box for a year and a half after moving.

I like to use USB Loader GX so I've just updated to r1219 via the loader update button. I assume this is all I need to do?

As far as cIOS go, I've currently got the following cIOS which from what I understand are the only ones that are really required when using USB Loader GX;

IOS249[56] (rev 21008, dx2-v8final)
IOS250[57] (rev 21008, dx2-v8final)

Now what I'd like to do in order to have better VC and N64 game compatibility is install cIOS rev 17 and rev 19 into IOS 248 and 249.

Does anyone have links to cIOS rev 17 and rev 19 .wad files (not the installers)?

And once I have the .wad files, how do I go about installing them to the IOS that I want? Which wad manager do you recommend and how do I go about setting up that wad manager?

Thanks

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
like I said on previous page, it was too much file changes, and I wanted to commit the things I did so far before applying all the geckocodes patch to keep better track of what has been changed and for which reason.

mur:
Wad file sharing is forbidden, as it contains nintendo's code.
only the installer can be linked on gbatemp.

You can use modmii if you want to download the wad files with manual slot selection.
If you use the official installer, it will replace your slot 249 and 250, so be careful and reinstall d2x after that.

You don't choose where the IOS are installed in the wad manager, the destination is encoded inside the wad file.
if you want to change the install slot, you need to edit the wad file with a wad editor on computer (for example ShowMiiWads), or just use modmii to choose the right slot before downloading the wad.

There's still an issue with USBLoaderGX I couldn't fix :
if you use old cIOS rev17-21, the EmuNAND randomly doesn't work if you put it on the root of SD card.
It works fine on root of USB.

MaxP90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is the code dump inside USBGX or inside Nintendont?
I noticed nintendont does code dump sometime, and you need to fully shutdown the console to fix it.
This happens to me too, but only when I start nintendon't from USBLoaderGX. If I load nintendon't from HBC it never happens, so I guess USBLoaderGX corrupts nintendon't config file or something like that
EDIT: also, is there some way -in channel grid mode- to just show the game banner of gamecube games and not the gamecube logo?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suspect it's an issue when copying files from SD to USB before launching nintendont, but I couldn't find how to fix it. I could try to close all devices and reopen them before launching nintendont. Maybe a memory alloc issue?

USBGX copy these files if present on one device but not on game's device:
- Controller.ini
- Kenobiwii.bin
- Cheat code
- nincfg.bin <-- though, this one is always copied on both SD and USB without issue. only the other files seems to create the codedump.

if it code dumps and returns to loader, you can't launch nintendont again without the same code dump.
You need to shutdown the console first before launching USBGX (or nintendont from HBC) again.

Edit:
About the banner animation, it's the banner which is made like this (alternating the logo and the game's icon).
The only way to prevent this is to use custom banners. you can download custom banners created by AbdallahTerro (from this forum), directly from the Cover download prompt.
or place any GameID.bnr in the the banner's cache folder.

Then, Settings > Banner settings > Cache banner : Enabled

MaxP90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
USBGX copy these files if present on one device but not on game's device:
- Controller.ini
- Kenobiwii.bin
- Cheat code
- nincfg.bin <-- though, this one is always copied on both SD and USB without issue. only the other files seems to create the codedump.
Are you sure about this? I already have those files in both SD and USB and the code dump still happens.

About the banner animation, it's the banner which is made like this (alternating the logo and the game's icon).
The only way to prevent this is to use custom banners. you can download custom banners created by AbdallahTerro (from this forum), directly from the Cover download prompt.
Then, Settings > Banner settings > Cache banner : Enabled
I have custom banners but they have the gamecube logo too, I could try modifying them myself if I knew how to. EDIT: nvm I found it myself

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well, I'm not sure, but it started to code dump when I added the file copy.
so maybe copying nincfg.bin also makes code dump happen.
I can try to create it directly on the game's device instead of copying files from boot's device.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, usb loader r1219 isn't working for me. I downloaded it and put the boot.dol in the usb folder in apps. It overwrote the previous boot.dol. But when i try launching it, it just gets stuck on initialize usb device. It won't load. I have to unplug the system to start over.

mur

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mur:
Wad file sharing is forbidden, as it contains nintendo's code.
only the installer can be linked on gbatemp.

You can use modmii if you want to download the wad files with manual slot selection.
If you use the official installer, it will replace your slot 249 and 250, so be careful and reinstall d2x after that.

You don't choose where the IOS are installed in the wad manager, the destination is encoded inside the wad file.
if you want to change the install slot, you need to edit the wad file with a wad editor on computer (for example ShowMiiWads), or just use modmii to choose the right slot before downloading the wad.

There's still an issue with USBLoaderGX I couldn't fix :
if you use old cIOS rev17-21, the EmuNAND randomly doesn't work if you put it on the root of SD card.
It works fine on root of USB.

Thanks for the reply Cyan.

Do you mind giving me a quick run down on how to use modmii to download the wad files with manual slot selection?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't use modmii, but all text should be written, you just answer questions based on what you read and want.

Bryon15:
are you using arguments in your meta.xml?

If you don't use arguments, it's loading cIOS 249 (or 222 or 250, depending which version you are using) first, and if no IOS are found it falls back to IOS58.

if you are, try to force another IOS slot (for example --ios=58).
USBGX now works with IOS58, so you can use that to initialize your drives.

if you were using r1218 (not mod), it used IOS58 by default.
I reverted the change to use cIOS in priority like all previous versions, if you want IOS58 you need to use meta.xml argument.

mur

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I was able to get cIOS[38] rev 19 installed to 248 however when I go to load a VC N64 game - specifying IOS248 which I've installed cIOS[38] rev 19 to - it gives an error message that cIOS dx is required.

Does this have something to do with where the EmuNAND (where all my VC/WiWare games are) is located? Currently it is sitting in a folder named "nand" on the root of a FAT32 partition of an HDD. Do I need to move all of the files/folders sitting in the "nand" folder onto the root of the HDD?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, old cIOS require EmuNAND path on the root of Sd or USB.
path support was added in rev21/d2x.

Like I said above, rev17-19 work better with USB root.
on SD it seems to randomly freeze at launch (it can't find the channel). I think it's an issue with the loader, I'll fix it when I find the problem.

mur

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, one more question - I hope :) ...

I'm able to get the games to load past the Wii classic control screen but now I'm getting an error that comes up saying "There is not enough available space in the Wii system memory...."

It then takes you back to the Wii Menu to manage memory space - which I still have lots of.

Is there a setting that is directing the save to the wrong place?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand what you are trying to do.

You can do that with:

* Wii games and channels installed on Real NAND:
- Load data from Wii, save on Wii (EmuNAND save OFF)
- Load data from Wii, save on emuNAND (EmuNAND save Partial)
- Load data from on EmuNAND, save on EmuNAND (EmuNAND save Full)

* Channels on emuNAND:
- Load data from Wii, save on EmuNAND (EmuNAND Channel Partial) <-- I'll remove that option soon.
- Load data from EmuNAND, save on EmuNAND (EmuNAND Channel Full)

If it tells there's not enough space, it's probably on your real Wii NAND, because EmuNAND should have a lot of space available (unless your SD or USB is full?)

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Regarding the Nintendont "code dump" issue of r1219/1220(or r1218 mod08),
I found a weird "possible root cause".

If I change the "nintendont loader path" to any folder (other than the default \apps\nintendont\),
everything is fine. (no code dump)

However, if I use default path (\apps\nintendont\) , it's always "code dump".

I used to put the "loader.dol" to \usb-loader\ in order to test either ULGX or CFG,
that's why I was not aware of the "code dump" issue of ULGX.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii