• Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
How about installing the latest ios56, thats what had me pulling my hair out for a while. Rock Band Beatles and GH5 both needed it and both work fine through gx, since the day they came out
smile.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would installing an IOS besides 222/223/249 be an option? these are the only IOS that support USB. even if you did install ios56 and the game tried to load it, it would immediately end the game. just like the IOS reload (aka alt dol) games.

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok had a google and can't find this sorry :/

Wario Land Shake Dimension PAL - hangs black screen after loading (nothing appears of the game). have tried both cIOS 222v4 (38 merge 37) and 249rev10. any ideas please?
Loader rev is 799 ish.

this is the first ever game i've had trouble with and it isn't even supposed to be difficult?! i own the game and have re-ripped it twice. have 25 other games running fine through. loader. have tried wiiflow, same problem. have tried adjusting the anti-002 but that's probably not revelant.. wii is PAL 3.2E.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
arodey said:
so i deleted 222/223 again.us i reinstalled using 202 instead of 249. now i can get smash hits and metallica to work but not world tour or 5! wtf is going on. i also updated to 4.2. and by the way i really do appreciate all help old8oy.

Are you sure you have the latest hermes' cios installer?
I had the same thing but I downloaded the latest installer and it fixed it all.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having issues with usb loader gx. I have autoinit network enabled (or whatever the feature is) and when the network connection isn't available usb loader gx hangs after being started up or it shows a code dump. A pretty annoying issue if you bring it with you somewhere and don't want to delete your wireless connection settings and have no new connection to setup

J0ker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i have a problem:

when i start the loader, it says: waiting for your slow usb device. and after the timeout 30-20 seconds, the system just restarts.
i pluged it into the right spot, i installed the IOS36-64-v1042.wad and every otehr homebrew app works.
the backup loader neogammar7 works too btw.

i use system menu 4.1e trucha signed. my HDD is Gericom Multifunctional Storage Device 280GB (its rather old)

i suspect HDD incompatibility but i want to make sure before i buy a new one...

Syntaxmeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, long time lurker here, second post. First want to say thanx and great work to those involved. I think Nintendo should consult you guys before they release a new console, you could teach them some thingsabout menu construction and navigation, as well as resource usage.

All that aside, I was wondering what your opinion was on 4.2u firmware. I am currently on 3.2u and have the original softmii installed through the twilight hack. This came with preloader .28, an old homebrew channel, and cioscorp ( original version I think ) which allowed me to play backups through the disc channel. Then I learned about your wonderful program and have left discs behind. I have full functionality from 99% of my 225 games, but no use of the wii shop channel, or the other wii network channels, because they want me to update my wii. I know that there is the waninko "safe" updater, but it does not work, nor does the homebrew channel update. They both give me the "you have no hackable ios detected, If this is the newest version well suck it" message.

I was wondering if I am really missing anything ( like wii speak functionality, I have one with no friends ) or anything else. Is it worth trying to update, or should I leave it alone.

USB loader GX rev792 Cios38rev14 Cios222rev4 38 merge 37 Cios223 ios60. Set to global boot 222 with anti002 on.

Thanx for your time.

J0ker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
id suggest not to update to 4.2... better update to 4.0 or 4.1 but not to 4.2, AFAIK it overwrites your boot2 making it impossible for bootmii to be there. could be wrong though...

as for my problem, i tried three different USB loaders now. i was right: HDD incompatible... gotta get a new one...

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Syntaxmeman said:
I have tried the waninko safe 4.1 updater but it also does not work for my set up. The installer fails, but I forget the error message.

Your lucky it failed.The 4.0 and 4.1 updaters from waninkoko pull the latest ios files from nintendos servers and for 4.0 and 4.1 the ios used by the system menu is ios60 and since nintendo released 4.2 they replaced ios60 with a stubbed version so if you use the 4.0 or 4.1 updaters you will get a brick because it will install a stub ios 60 which the 4.0/4.1 system menu can not use.

J0ker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i suggest using a real game to update to 4.1 (like metroid prime trilogy or wii sports resort) and then re-patch the wii with banner bomb.
that way you make sure you get the right stuff on your wii and not bricking it.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
J0ker said:
i suggest using a real game to update to 4.1 (like metroid prime trilogy or wii sports resort) and then re-patch the wii with banner bomb.
that way you make sure you get the right stuff on your wii and not bricking it.
No game includes an update to either 4.0 or 4.1. Most only contain the IOS55 update these days, although MPT did update me from 3.2 to 3.4. The safest update method would be the Safe 4.2 Updater followed by an upgrade of the Wii Shop.

Syntaxmeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanx, I appreciate the quick replies. I might try the shop channel update and see if that works.

Again, USB LoaderGX is an awesome piece of software. Nintendo should be paying you guys.
bow.gif

bogeyorpar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help! I believe I have the latest USB Loader GX and cIOS38v14. However, when I try to run Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010, it shows "error 002" and never load the game. Other games sames to be working fine. Any clue on how to fix the "error 002" for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bogeyorpar said:
Help! I believe I have the latest USB Loader GX and cIOS38v14. However, when I try to run Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010, it shows "error 002" and never load the game. Other games sames to be working fine. Any clue on how to fix the "error 002" for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010?

Did you turn 002fix ON?

tW34k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok, so I've been trying this and it works great! Good work!

However, is it possible to run games in 480p? I haven't been able to do so yet...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.