I'm just compiling r713 now. Been at work all day
wink.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
it depends on if your using a channel or the forwarder +.dol to what versions are available

by the looks of it your using the channel (668c) in which it isnt really updated as much as the .dol is

I wish that it updates just as much as the forwarder channel version does :-(

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always just get rid of your channel and install the forwarder. I have no problem compiling the dol and putting it on the server but I'm really not going to take the time to compile a channel for every new release also.

It would make more sense to only create channels of official builds so when v2.0 is released you can expect it up there.

awe999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DocNsanE said:
awe999 said:
I just got this installed and it's working. All of my custom paths (images, cover, etc) says SD:\XX. How do I change the location from SD to USB? I'd like to store everything on the usb without needing to have SD card. I tried editing it and wii crashes.

I used Windows to create partitions and used WBFS to format it.

What partitions did you create? I'm running everything off the SD myself but from what I remember, you need to have a fat32 partition first and then the wbfs partition. Don't forget to set them as active as well. Once that's done, the loader should be able to work with your USB drive instead of off the SD card.

I can store backup my games to the USB but all the custom paths point to SD. I formatted with fat32 and used WBFS to format them prior to pluggin it to a wii. I'm not sure about active partition though. I will double check later on today. Thank you for your suggestion.

Bninja1v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
Bninja1v said:
I have a NTSC wii runnning waninkoko's cios rev14 with usb loader gx rev 709 and each time I select to load the game the wii remote turns off and the screen stays black.All my other games run great off of my Maxtor one touch 4 500Gb external usb hard drive.hope this is enough info but if anybody knows a solution it would help alot.
i have the same setup as you, with the exception of having a seagate free agent 500gb, and that game as well as its sequel run with the default game settings. perhaps you have a bad iso? try reripping the game.

So i reripped it like you said and still no luckthe size of the game is 1.09 Gb on the dispay of usb loader gx is this the correct size?

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked already but I cannot seem to get EA Sports Active US verion to work with usbloadergx. Is there a way to get this working?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bninja1v said:
So i reripped it like you said and still no luckthe size of the game is 1.09 Gb on the dispay of usb loader gx is this the correct size?
thats the size of my working one as well, very strange. you are loading it with 249, right? not saying loading it any other way causes a problem, but as i said before, i'm loading it with all the loader defaults, sans issue. the game is ntsc as well, right? can you tried with another loader?

QUOTE(iamwally @ Aug 9 2009, 12:31 PM) Sorry if this has been asked already but I cannot seem to get EA Sports Active US verion to work with usbloadergx. Is there a way to get this working?
are you recieving an error? this game is known to run, runs on my ntsc wii with rev 14 and the latest build of gx.

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iamwally said:
Sorry if this has been asked already but I cannot seem to get EA Sports Active US verion to work with usbloadergx. Is there a way to get this working?

it works just fine just twik its load settings youll see
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

Bninja1v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
Bninja1v said:
thats the size of my working one as well, very strange. you are loading it with 249, right? not saying loading it any other way causes a problem, but as i said before, i'm loading it with all the loader defaults, sans issue. the game is ntsc as well, right? can you tried with another loader?

QUOTE(iamwally @ Aug 9 2009, 12:31 PM) Sorry if this has been asked already but I cannot seem to get EA Sports Active US verion to work with usbloadergx. Is there a way to get this working?
are you recieving an error? this game is known to run, runs on my ntsc wii with rev 14 and the latest build of gx.

Yeah
frown.gif
in boot it with 249 and I've tried it with wii cover flow' waninkoko's usb/sd loader 1.5' and configurable usb loader as well no luck. PS.no error my disc is a liitle scratched though ill just use my freinds disk maybe lt will work after that.
P.S. what are your game boot settings it might help out.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor scrolling glitch still in current builds. What happens is when you view the description of a game (2) and scroll to the very end (assuming it is longer than a page) and then scroll all the way back up, when you let go of the directional pad, it displays the 2nd line of the text rather than the first line. It is very minor because all you have to do is scroll up one more time and that line appears.

I'm not sure why this has been implemented now but I know everyone was asking about this since the beginning. The wiitdb update is a welcome addition. Not sure if the programmers care about how often or can be used but I suggested a while back to check the date of the wiitdb.zip file so that it can only be used once every 24hrs so people don't abuse the bandwidth without doing it manually from a computer.

Another note. I love the new pointer icon when viewing Guitar Hero and Rock Band games (devil horns). I forgot to check to see if it was only for synopsis or if it shows up when in disc view. Maybe add some new ones for other genres in the future?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone??? Why does Ocarina work for some and not for others? All I get is either a black screen when loading or a code dump, regardless if there are any codes or not.

Is there any other loader I can use that Ocarina actually works on?

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
CuriousG said:
Minor scrolling glitch still in current builds.
(...)Not sure if the programmers care about how often or can be used
(...)Another note. I love the new pointer icon when viewing Guitar Hero and Rock Band games (devil horns).
I started fixing the scrolling yesterday and will do it in one or two weeks from now if it hasn't been fixed by then.
The WiiTDB update prompt was simply not on top of the priority list. a Limit has been set on the file, don't worry.
I'm glad you like the easter egg
wink.gif

If anyone wonders, the custom discs and possibly the regular discs won't be available to download from the loaders for at least one week, this is only temporary.
Meanwhile they can still be downloaded from the site.

isoptera4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
Anyone??? Why does Ocarina work for some and not for others? All I get is either a black screen when loading or a code dump, regardless if there are any codes or not.

I have the same problem. Configurable USB loader works with cheats great and it is more customizable than gx. I won't use gx again until the cheat problem is fixed.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't be as big a deal if my kids weren't here for a week. I usually never use codes myself but sometimes I do use them during a 2nd or 3rd run-through of a game, or for stuff like giant heads and other goofy stuff of the sort.

As I've stated before, I just don't understand why GX has issues when there are other loaders that work perfectly fine with cheats... especially when it USED to work fine but broke somewhere along the way and hasn't been corrected after many, many builds.

I also have noticed that the white text on black background flashes occur more than they have in the past several revisions & that the Wii Shop Channel, Mii Channel, Weather Channel, News Channel, and Photo Channel no longer show up correctly in the HB Browser. They now all show as "unknown".

fangthorn

Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
pepxl said:
it depends on if your using a channel or the forwarder +.dol to what versions are available

by the looks of it your using the channel (668c) in which it isnt really updated as much as the .dol is

I wish that it updates just as much as the forwarder channel version does :-(

You are correct, Thanks for the info.

QUOTE(0ld8oy @ Aug 9 2009, 06:42 PM)
You can always just get rid of your channel and install the forwarder. I have no problem compiling the dol and putting it on the server but I'm really not going to take the time to compile a channel for every new release also.

It would make more sense to only create channels of official builds so when v2.0 is released you can expect it up there.
Good Suggestion, I'll give it a try. Thanks ... worked like a charm 8-)

evala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Smiff said:
@evala,
not AFAIK but you can just point it to an empty folder (edit the config file)

i really want it to not be present on the main screen of the loader. to be disabled not onlu as a function but as an icon.

tomwalsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:

I had similar issues with some games working and some not with Ocarina. I think i have solved my problem, before I used to generate my code with Codemanger 1.2 and transfer them to SD/codes/, this worked fine for all games, since I downloaded direct from GX to SD card i got black screen???

I tried again with the same game, deleted .gct file and downloaded direct through GX - Black Screen. Again, deleted .gct file and used Codemanager 1.2, transfered to SD/codes and game worked fine.

I will try this out on more of my games and report back my results..........

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?