• Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought 3TB WD Mybook to install my library on, I have put WBFS formatted games both a folder called WBFS and Games, but USB Loader GX doesn't seem to list them, USB Loader GX is able to see the drive though and mount it with no issues. Do I have the directory wrong or is something else up? It's currently formatted as NTFS.

I believe for best results your drive should be formatted as FAT32 with 32k clusters.

You can follow the link in my signature to get the GUIFAT 32 Formatter that will work on a 3TB HDD. Most others will only give you 2TB to use, so follow my signature link on how to use large HDDs and download the GUIFAT 32 Formatter from the link.

Last edited by ca032769,
Reactions: blazingwolf

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe for best results your drive should be formatted as FAT32 with 32k clusters.

You can follow the link in my signature to get the GUIFAT 32 Formatter that will work on a 3TB HDD. Most others will only give you 2TB to use, so follow my signature link on how to use large HDDs and download the GUIFAT 32 Formatter from the link.

I’ll try that now. Maybe it’s the 3TB NTFS partition making it crash

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That did it. I formatted a 2TB partition, set it to MBR/FAT32, and installed the entire NTSC collection with some sports omissions. Loads very quickly too.

USB GX claims 2.2TB is supported. I’ll try expanding the partition and see if it works. That way I can have the entire library on there with Sports Games.

Now is there any use for the remaining 500GB on the other partition? Do Wii emulators support loading off other partitions? I could load some Sega CD games on there.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The limit is that you have to use MBR and thus limited to 2.2TB TOTAL. You cannot use the extra space on the 3TB. To use over 2.2 you have to use GPT which is not supported by USBGX.

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when did GX not support GPT? It worked for me.

GPT worked fine for me when launching USBLGX through the Wii menu, launch it through HBC and it would crash, same thing for a couple emulators. Switched to MBR and have no problems at all.

I always thought it was the HBC that didnt like GPT, but I always recommend to people to change the partition table to MBR to avoid problems down the road.

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan

I'm having issue with USBLGX and Wiimote syncing. Newest version of USBLGX btw.

My Wiimotes are synced to the NAND and work fine on everything but USBLGX.

When launching into USBLGX, my 2 wiimotes sync as player 2 and player 3. Once launching a game they re-sync as player 1 and player 2. Its only in USBLGX menu where they don't sync correctly. I've tried re-syncing in Wii menu as normal, and than dumping the SYSCONF to emunand, but I still get the same results. I wouldn't care if it wasn't for the fact that only player 1 can scroll through the carousel fast by holding in the +/- buttons.

Any suggestions?

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, I recently managed to get a micro SD card adapter that won't crash the wii, so first thing I did was to copy everything off my stick to the SD and launched USB loader GX... issue is, its not reading the wii game I have on it.

its on SD:\WBFS\Sonic Colors\**insert name here**

I can make CFG see it, but not GX and I can't find an option under paths to tell it "look for the game on this folder"

Any ideas?

Last edited by Duncan Idaho,

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Good evening,

@Duncan Idaho :

USB loader gx does not play games on SD card, only on USB.

Only Wiiflow and Configurable loader v70 can play games on SD and USB.
See that's the odd thing, it does detects the gamecube games, but I have no why this isn't a function.

And the stick I own is entirely incompatible with USB loader GX, when its detected it promptly crashes the console.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The limit is that you have to use MBR and thus limited to 2.2TB TOTAL. You cannot use the extra space on the 3TB. To use over 2.2 you have to use GPT which is not supported by USBGX.

Sorry this is just not true.

I can't speak to the use of a drive as GPT, while I've tried it I haven't had any luck. But I've been using 4TB, 6TB, 8TB & now 10TB Western Digital MyBooks (converting them from GPT to MBR as needed) for years now. Each has one single FAT32 partition and the whole drive is usable. Yes one single FAT32 4TB, 6TB, 8TB or 10TB MBR partition.

Follow the link at the end of my signature. Convert the drive to MBR if needed. Then format the drive to FAT32 using FAT32GUI Formatter shown in step 4. Depending on the drive size format the drive to 32K, 64K or 256k cluster size, otherwise you won't get the use of the entire drive. Read through my steps to determine the cluster size to use. I use all 3 of the major loaders on my 10TB with no problems all.

Realistically you can just barely get all NTSC Wii & GameCube titles on a 4TB Drive. My latest is to use a Western Digital 4TB Passport color matched to the Wii in White, Black or Red that sits flat on top of the Wii. The Blue Passport drives don't match the Wii so I haven't used any of those yet. While the Passport seems to work fine with a single USB 3 cable connection I tend to just use a USB 3.0 Y-Cable just in case the Wii's USB ports are weak or become week.

Last edited by ca032769,

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when did GX not support GPT? It worked for me.

I was not aware it supports GPT. I will test this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry this is just not true.

I can't speak to the use of a drive as GPT, while I've tried it I haven't had any luck. But I've been using 4TB, 6TB, 8TB & now 10TB Western Digital MyBooks (converting them from GPT to MBR as needed) for years now. Each has one single FAT32 partition and the whole drive is usable. Yes one single FAT32 4TB, 6TB, 8TB or 10TB MBR partition.

Follow the link at the end of my signature. Convert the drive to MBR if needed. Then format the drive to FAT32 using FAT32GUI Formatter shown in step 4. Depending on the drive size format the drive to 32K, 64K or 256k cluster size, otherwise you won't get the use of the entire drive. Read through my steps to determine the cluster size to use. I use all 3 of the major loaders on my 10TB with no problems all.

Realistically you can just barely get all NTSC Wii & GameCube titles on a 4TB Drive. My latest is to use a Western Digital 4TB Passport color matched to the Wii in White, Black or Red that sits flat on top of the Wii. The Blue Passport drives don't match the Wii so I haven't used any of those yet. While the Passport seems to work fine with a single USB 3 cable connection I tend to just use a USB 3.0 Y-Cable just in case the Wii's USB ports are weak or become week.

The MBR limit of 2T is true for typical/normal drives and enclosures which uses 512k logical sectors. Some enclosures+drives like your MYBOOK can use 4k and thus support the bigger cluster sizes which allow MBR support over 2T. But this is not typical.

If GPT is indeed supported then you would not have that limit with 512k either so I hope its true.

Reactions: ca032769

FormulaFanboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using USB Loader GX for a while now with no issue. Today I put a disk in my Wii and tried to boot it. The Wii said it needed to install an update. I turned the Wii off to cancel the update, and now when I try to load games with USB Loader GX, it just kicks me back to homebrew. Someone please help with this, I rely entirely on USB Loader GX to load my games. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: To clarify, after the fact, I did install the update, and discs still work fine; however I don't have many discs.

Last edited by FormulaFanboy,

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Cyan just in case, if you want to update the link to the tabmod version.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/usbloader-gx-tab-mod-issue.548771/#post-8801842

standard version : launch with IOS58
version "249" : launch with cIOS249

I made two versions, because with IOS58, it breaks a lot of stuff IMHO : Priiloader won't allow to autoboot it (it loops on a message about "IOS/cIOS not detected"...of course IOS58 and cIOS249 ARE actually installed) and I can't reboot to USBLoader GX when exiting a game (same problem, boot loop with priiloader, IOS not detected)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: