USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cyrex, Apr 19, 2009.

1. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    China
    Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution, Aug 22, 2019
  2. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    On the download page please type "58" to mark it and then "D" to download it to the Folder C:\Programs or Program Files\XFlak\ModMii\COPY_TO_SD (or wherever you have installed ModMii).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

By the Way:

If your Wii´s system Menu Version is already 4.3 then you do not need to install it again.
    It is already included.There is no patched or modified one.:)

Last edited by alexander1970, Aug 22, 2019
  3. UltraDolphinRevolution

Jul 30, 2016
    China
    Sorry, if I download your attachment, why would I need to download it via ModMii again?

When re-installing Modmii still had problems. I suspect it could be on my end (I often experience unstable downloads in China).

(left picture: first time; right picture: now; I chose all options, not just IOS58)
    [​IMG]

4. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Ok,I understand.

That explains maybe also your Issue in your original post.
    Yes,you can install the attached.
    May I ask what is the System Menu Version of your Wii ? Maybe you did not see the edited last Post:

5. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Last edited by jeannotte, Aug 22, 2019
  6. UltraDolphinRevolution

Jul 30, 2016
    China
    I've got Wii 4.1E.
    SysCheck results:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

7. jeannotte

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    This is not the syscheck report.

Open the CSV file with the notepad or Word pad of your Windows, copy and paste the report here.

1. Open up "sd:\syscheck.csv" with WordPad

Last edited by jeannotte, Aug 22, 2019
  8. UltraDolphinRevolution

Jul 30, 2016
    China
    Oh sorry. By the way I do have IOS58-64-v6176.wad in my Windows' ModMii folder. It contains 1.945 kb. I wonder if it's complete. The download didn't work according to ModMii.

Anyways, here is SysCheck (HDE version):

jeannotte likes this.
  9. jeannotte

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Now it's good for the syscheck report.

Your hack is old, it needs to be updated with Modmii.

You will need to install the corresponding IOS and ICOS with your version of wii.

Run Modmii, and replace all the necessary files on your SD, for it to work.

Then repost a new syscheck report, for control.

10. UltraDolphinRevolution

Jul 30, 2016
    China
    I'd love to do that, but ModMii didn't download lots of files. My Copy-to-SD folder (Windows) contains 46 files (78MB).

HOWEVER, I was able to download IOS58, as alexander1970 said, manually. :)

Can I try downloading everything manually? What would that entail?

EDIT: As alexander1970 suggested, I successfully installed IOS58 with Multi Mod Manager. Nintendont recognizes it now.

I still have a question though: Why does wikibrew* state that after installating IOS58 the Homebrew Channel must be re-installed?
    * http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer

Thank you both, alexander1970 and jeannotte. :) Next time I'm in Europe I will try re-installing ModMii properly. Seems like a great tool!

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution, Aug 22, 2019
    alexander1970 likes this.
  11. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    You know why we always tell ppl to use modmii or installers to get ios? Because stock ios are COPYRIGHTED by Nintendo. Remove the link before it is too late...

12. jeannotte

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    @UltraDolphinRevolution :

You need to reinstall all your IOS and CIOS so that it is up to date with Modmii.

then post a new syscheck report, for control.

Since you have installed IOS 58, you must reinstall the HBC with "hackmii installer", put the folder (hackmii installer) in your APPS on your SD card. Start hackmii install, do "Uninstall HBC" then without leaving the application do "install HBC", voila, your HBC will be on the IOS 58, and if you make a new report syscheck, you will see your HBC on the IOS 58 .

13. UltraDolphinRevolution

Jul 30, 2016
    China
    These cIOS were already downloaded before the guided downloads (in Windows) failed:
    cIOS202[60]-v5.1R
    cIOS222[38]-v4
    cIOS223[37-38]-v4
    cIOS224[57]-v5.1R
    cIOS249[57]-d2x-v8-final
    cIOS250[56]-d2x-v8-final

I assume that those are all cIOS I need because the Windows downloading process of ModMii had almost finished. I then downloaded all IOS manually and installed everything.
    I also re-installed Homebrew Channel.

But now I have multiple USB Channels and I don't know which one to keep. I now have 3 of them right in the Wii Menu (previously I always opened USB Channel through first going to Homebrew Channel).

New System Check:

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution, Aug 23, 2019
  14. jeannotte

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Hello,

For the syscheck report, I congratulate you.

Syscheck report ==> perfect

For USB channels, you can delete them with a Wad uninstaller, or otherwise if you do not know how to uninstall them, you can move them on the following pages of the menu wii ==> by going to the desired channel ==> maintain B and A from the wiimote at the same time ==> then move the chain to the right of the wii menu.

You can get the archive of USB loader gx (forwader chain) here and then install it with a Wads installer (wad manager, YANM, multi mod manager) ==>https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/

All you have to do is launch your usb loader gx from the Wii menu, Enjoy !!! , Here is.:yaywii:

Last edited by jeannotte, Aug 23, 2019
  15. UltraDolphinRevolution

Jul 30, 2016
    China
    Thank you!:yaywii: I will delete the USB channels but I'm not sure which one to keep. I will test them for a while. Why are there different ones btw? Are they just older versions?

Also, at some point (I don't remember the program) I think I saw homebrew games... are they their own homebrew applications or can they be played somewhere else?

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution, Aug 24, 2019
  16. jeannotte

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Hello,

These must be old versions of .Car Channels they have been updated several times.

With Wii, you can play with other emulators (Nintendont ==> Gamecube games, SNES games, GBA games, and many other games or emulators .......)

Take a look at his pages ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-best-wii-homebrew-applications-2017.463257/ OU ==> https://gbatemp.net/threads/mastershoes-emu-forwarder-collection-2nd-edition.309678/ ==> https://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators

You will make an opinion and see what suits you.

Last edited by jeannotte, Aug 24, 2019
  17. UltraDolphinRevolution

Jul 30, 2016
    China
    I have a question regarding NTSC/FAT32: Does USB GX Loader need to read Wii games from a NTSC device?
    My main external drive (own power supply) is in NTSC and I put the games there via Wii Backup Manager.
    I can't get Nintendont to recognize GC games on SD cards or a USB stick (s. Nintendont thread), so I was thinking to try it with my main external drive. Programs like EaseUS or Aomei seem to be able to do the change with data loss (I've tried it with other devices).

So are you guys using NTSC for Wii and FAT32 for GC games or one format for both?

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution, Aug 24, 2019
  18. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

I hope you mean NTFS format.Or the WBFS format ?
    Both are ok for Wii games if you use HDDs as USB Device for your Games.
    Most users prefer also FAT32 for Wii Games and this is also good.:)

19. UltraDolphinRevolution

Jul 30, 2016
    China
    Yes, exactly. I meant NTFS. NTSC is a video format.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Do Wii users still buy external hard drives with their own power supply? I know it's a recommendation by Nintendo regarding the Wii U.
    But what about the original Wii? Can it handle one without its power supply?

20. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Better with Power Supply on 3.5" HDDs (Desktop HDDs)
    For 2.5" (Notebook/Laptop) ones there is enough power from the Wii´s USB.But NO warranty that ALL of them works without power supply.:)