USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cyrex, Apr 19, 2009.

1. wakawaka

wakawaka Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2019
    Malaysia
    its a disc based game. how do i check/change the IOS base ? or where can I learn more on this...
    thank you

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    run syscheck (look in my signature) to know which cIOS version and base you have in all your IOS slots.
    then go to loader's setting to choose the slot you want to use.
    if you don't udnerstand the syscheck report yourself, you can post it here and we will tell you.

but like I said, it's usually just a matter of changing "249" to "250" in the settings.

3. wakawaka

wakawaka Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2019
    Malaysia
    here are results of syscheck

syscheck

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    useful part :
    IOS249[57] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
    IOS250[56] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0

your slot 249 contains d2x v8 final (good !) and base 57 (very good!)
    slot249 is used by default by USBLoaders, so if you didn't change any settings you are already using the best cIOS (v8 base57).

but like I said, some games might not like base57, like Spyro NFC portal game requires base56, or sponge bob boating bash requires base58 or 53, and animal crossing requires base 38.

So, what you can do is try base56 !
    go to usbgx, select your game, go to option > game option > IOS : instead of "use global", change the value to "250"
    it means it'll use slot250 only for that game, all other games will continue using the "global" option which is 249.
    try to play it again.

if still not working, you could try other IOS base.
    look at your syscheck, it appears that you already have some more ! no need to install any new :D

IOS222[38] (rev 4 Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
    IOS223[38+37] (rev 4 Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
    IOS224[57] (rev 65535 Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
    IOS236[36] (rev 65535 Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access

Here you have :
    base 38 in slot 222
    base 37+38 mixed into a single IOS in slot 223
    slot 224 with base 57 is not really needed, you already tried that base (in slot 249).
    slot 202 and 236 are not used to play games from USB. don't try these ones, it won't work at all!

If still not working, then .... you didn't answer to my first post :
    verify your ISO is good using wii backup manager > sha1 option.
    if it's red, it's bad.
    if it's green, it's good, and the problem is elsewhere.

do not play with option randomly, like enabling "emuNAND save" to partial or full without knowing what it does.

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 9, 2019
    wakawaka and alexander1970 like this.
  5. wakawaka

wakawaka Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2019
    Malaysia
    thank you for the detailed reply Cyan,
    will try base change when I play next.
    have verified sha1, result is 100% finished with green bar and green font.

6. Drunk_caterpillar

Drunk_caterpillar Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2013
    Canada
    Yes! I remember reading something about the European version of Twilight Princess causing issues with the Dolphin Emulator because of this. Is there a way to disable this VI patch/register? I'd love to have sharper looking output for some of these games.

7. wakawaka

wakawaka Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2019
    Malaysia
    have a ntfs 500gb external drive with around 200gb free. if its partitioned and the free space formatted to fat32 and wbfs files stored there with wii backup manager....will it work with usb loader gx...?
    or is there a better partitioning method that will work for me ...

update,
    tried it - format with FAT32 gui formatter & transfer with wii backup manager, connect to wii, and usb loader gx exits to system menu. tried both usb ports. not sure what is wrong ?

Last edited by wakawaka, Aug 13, 2019
  8. tsin74

tsin74 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2019
    Australia
    @Cyan Hi, i am new to all this and i have somehow managed through various tutorials over the internet to get to the point where i have managed to load 2 wii roms on gx loader to work but no other ones will work. i seem to have taken a very disjointed method to get where i am. I can see that you have given a lot of good advice and was wondering if you could assess my situation and advise me?
    i am not exactly sure how to give you the information but i can follow instructions on what to do if you can help.

I am using a Australian wii 4.3

regards

9. tsin74

tsin74 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2019
    Australia
    Here is my syscheck
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

hope i did this right.

look forward to your reply.

thanks

10. tsin74

tsin74 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2019
    Australia
    just realised he is on holidays...any other experts that can help here?

11. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

First question please:

Did you have the actual version of USBLoaderGX and on what IOS is it running (58 or 249) ?
    You can check this in he Settings of USBLoaderGX under Loader Options.

This is the result and the recommendations from ModMii for your Wii:

aktuell.

What you can do now ?

If you have ModMii installed on your PC,then it is easy,just use the Update Option.Simply DRAG and DROP your sysCheck.csv on the ModMii shortcut.

If not,please use it for download your needed files,it is easier than search and collect them file by file (but this makes also more fun :D ).

https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

Do you need all this Files updated from the sysCheck ? NO.
    (You can DO it it do not hurt your Wii. :) ).

Your issue is:

That means for you:

Update/Install please the IOS236 Installer v5 Mod (Installs a patched IOS 36 into slot 236. Thus, all programs that do not support HW_AHBPROT can modify the NAND. Basic requirement for the installation of the d2x-cIOS.

If you already HAVE this this installed/previously done you can skip this one.

Update/install please the IOS36v3351 (a few Games need this one like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii)

Also If you already HAVE this installed/previously done you can skip this one.

Important for you are:

Update please the cIOSes
    202,222,223 and 224
    as suggested.

Most important are this:
    Update your cIOSes 249 (Base 57) and 250 (Base 56) (there are the most important for USB Access and Game compatibility).

That should help you to solve your game issues.

I hope I write it understandable for you and easy to use.

Good Luck and Thank you for reading. :)

Last edited by alexander1970, Aug 13, 2019
  12. tsin74

tsin74 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2019
    Australia
    Hi and thanks for the reply.... I will look at all your advice and I will find out what version of us loader gx is before doing anything else.

Once I have this I will reply then look at the rest of your advice....Looks like I am missing a few things.

Thanks again

alexander1970 likes this.
  13. EuroMIX

EuroMIX Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Super dumb question, but I recently updated and I noticed the Gamecube "channels" in the loader appear to be different now. Before it was a generic background with the game's smaller GC icon and description, but now it's imitating the Wii style. When was this added, because I think I was on version 1268 or thereabouts, and is there a way to choose/toggle between the two?

I also noticed some games seem to have a unique jingle play like Wii games, and others have the GC animation sound. What determines this exactly? Thanks.

14. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    China
    I've been wondering about something for a long time:

When I try to run "multi game games" (i.e. games that were originally released on a single disk) via USB loader, it does not work. I get thrown back to the Wii main menu.

However, one of the multi games always seems to be considered the base game. It works fine.

To give you some examples:
    Nerf Dual Strike: Only one of them works
    Rampage: The N64 and Arcade bonus games do not work.
    Metroid Prime Trilogy: Only of of them works.

Does anyone have had this experience?

15. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello. :)

For I remember thats only when you download custom Banners and Covers and this things in USBLoaderGX.

16. wakawaka

wakawaka Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2019
    Malaysia
    on pal wii console, when loading ntsc games thru latest USBLoaderGX launched thru homebrew am getting black screen. what are settings that I need to change ?
    video mode to force ntsc/pal/autopatch ?
    change region ?
    Error 002 fix ?

17. tsin74

tsin74 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2019
    Australia
    ?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

hi @alexander1970 .

i have tried your tips.

have failed, please click on spolier to see my problems....desparate for your advice.

thanks

18. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

First thing,please be calm and focused,nothing happend.
    Your sysCheck looks fine all is ok.:)

Only to do is change the Base(s) from the two slots:

You have:

IOS249[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52)
    IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52)

and this is of better game compatibility to change to

cIOS249[57]-d2x-v10-beta52-alt.wad
    cIOS250[56]-d2x-v10-beta52-alt.wad

All other things you can leave by now.:)

19. BaamAlex

BaamAlex GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    I can't start games via usb loader anymore. I get a blackscreen. And after that it throws me back to the main menu. I restored already my nand backup. I messed up my region settings with the app "Any Region Changer". And now the usb loader says " USB Device not recognized". Can i do something except restoring my nand backup?

20. tsin74

tsin74 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2019
    Australia

Hi again,

Thanks for the reply.

I am confident I know how to adjust ios249 and 250 using d2x cios installer but what do I do or how do I enter the.wad files?