• Start date
  • Views 7,164,010
  • Replies 29,359
  • Likes 47

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
I have USB Loader GX set up with the hidden partition drive, Nintendon't, and even some Wiiware games on the Wii U. The Wii U is practically becoming my dream console with all these little features.. I'm come across an issue for running VC titles on EmuNand. The game would boot up and then hang on "You will need a Classic Controller" screen. Then it looks like the Wii U softlocks until you unplug the Wii U and plug it back in. There is an easy fix for this right?

I believe if I were on Wiiflow, I would have to find real_nand_config in the wiiflow.ini file and set that to yes. I'm way too attached to the cleanness of USB Loader GX to try and set up anything else. What is the USB Loader GX equivalent option?
Are these n64. Only about half of the n64 games run in emunand without some version of sneek emunand. There's a compatibility list here. http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_cIOS_EmuNAND_Compatibility_List

Reactions: CyberMario

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so i tried v10 with all the bases and it's still not reading my hdd, is there a way to go back to the setting before i installed the cIOS?
What was your previous setup ?
if you only changed the cIOS, revert the cIOS back. there's no other options to change.

since it doesnt seem that anyone can figure out how to fix my problem im thinking of just starting from scratch reinstalling everything, can someone please link me an up to date guide on how to get usb loader installed?
There's no real method to install usbloadergx.

1. install HBC
2. install cIOS (preferably d2x v8 or v10 r52, in slot 249, with base 57)
3. download and extract USBLoaderGX package (from sourceforge or from my signature) to a FAT32 SD Card. (in apps/usbloader_gx/ folder)
4. connect a HDD (not a flash drive) on port 0, it works best with FAT32 and 32k/cluster, using MBR (primary partition) or GPT (don't use multiple partition, there's a bug with GPT)

I have USB Loader GX set up with the hidden partition drive, [...] I've come across an issue for running VC titles on EmuNand.
EmuNAND doesn't work with Hidden partition if you are using the normal d2x installation.
you need d2x v10 r52 mod if you want to launch emuNAND with UStealth enabled.

First, try your same setup without using UStealth, to know if your issue is the drive/cIOS, or if it's a VC/WiiWare compatibility issue.
if it works fine without Ustealth, then you will need d2x mod.
if it still doesn't work, then you will probably need nee2o method to launch emuNAND channels.

setting up neek2o on wiiU is a little complicated, as the files contains copyrighted IOS inside, and it can't be linked on the forum.
You can use Sneek for WiiU if you want, but you won't have autoboot feature. at least it will work.

guide for emuNAND : https://gbatemp.net/posts/6592730

Reactions: CyberMario

TaiAno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's no real method to install usbloadergx.

1. install HBC
2. install cIOS (preferably d2x v8 or v10 r52, in slot 249, with base 57)
3. download and extract USBLoaderGX package (from sourceforge or from my signature) to a FAT32 SD Card. (in apps/usbloader_gx/ folder)
4. connect a HDD (not a flash drive) on port 0, it works best with FAT32 and 32k/cluster, using MBR (primary partition) or GPT (don't use multiple partition, there's a bug with GPT)

/QUOTE]

i always use wbfs manager to put the isos on things but its been a bit problematic recently for some reason, is there a better program for that?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i always use wbfs manager to put the isos on things but its been a bit problematic recently for some reason, is there a better program for that?

WBFS Manager has a habit of corrupting games. It's better not to use WBFS as a partition type anymore. Wii Backup Manager is a lot better although it's not updated anymore either.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wii backup Manager shouldn't need to be updated, except that it would be nice to have UStealth support.
too bad Fig never came back (he usually came back once a year and released few updates every time). he never thought providing the sources was necessary because "it's nothing great, just a gui, everybody can do it".

Deleting a game with WBFS Manager marks another games's sector as "free to use". Adding a new game to the device is then using that (wrongly marked) free position and overwriting existing game's data. your last added game is fine, but you corrupted one of your game already present on the drive.
Your game still work and boot fine, as it's probably not affecting the boot's code, but one day a map or a sound or a movie will freeze and crash while you are playing because the data is missing.

Wii Backup Manager doesn't have this bug.
But this month, I went to my brother's home and I wanted to convert his wbfs to FAT32, but I found that a game were installed ALL over 94 other games, and some sectors outside the HDD boundaries had even been marked as used.
I don't know what could have happened, if he messed or if wiibackupmanager is responsible.
As a result, 94 games were not good anymore due to one single added game.
So, even if you use WiiBackupManager, you should use FAT32 to be sure to have one game per wbfs, instead of multiple games on the same wbfs partition which can be corrupted.

You can also connect a FAT32 hdd, and dump your own disc directly from USBLoaderGX. Insert a disc and select install.

BobzGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello Guys, someone could tell me how can I rename all my WW/VCs games using Emunand on USB Loader? bc some games shows ID game as a name instead of the correct game name. :(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't rename them manually.
you probably miss some data or wrong settings.

try to update your wiitdb file.
settings>update>wiitdb
settings>features>use wiitdb : enable

TaiAno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i put a hdd on the wii and moved my games onto it instead but only some of them are showing up.like super smash brawl for example, even if i take all the others off brawl refuses to show up.
the hdd is like 400 gb or somthing i think. is it because it only reads a certain ammount of them? how many does it read at a time?

Last edited by TaiAno,

bboyjestr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone had a problem with games freezing? I tried last story, metroid trilogy, wario ware and mario galaxy and they all keep freezing after a small amount of gameplay. I tried updating usb loader and it still keeps happening.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
okay i put a hdd on the wii and moved my games onto it instead but only some of them are showing up.like super smash brawl for example, even if i take all the others off brawl refuses to show up.
the hdd is like 400 gb or somthing i think. is it because it only reads a certain ammount of them? how many does it read at a time?
there's no limit.

if the loader doesn't list the game, it can be few possibilities:
1. if you copied manually to the hdd, the filename is maybe wrong, or not in the correct folder or foldername, etc.
2. maybe you have favorite mode enabled and that game is not rated (disable the star icon in the top menu)
3. maybe you have categories set to display only certain games, be sure the "all" in the top of the category list from the top menu is correctly set to the check mark (not the cross).
top menu > categories > All : Check mark
4. maybe the loader is locked, and parental level is active. disable the lock icon on the top menu
maybe other things I don't think right now.

has anyone had a problem with games freezing? I tried last story, metroid trilogy, wario ware and mario galaxy and they all keep freezing after a small amount of gameplay. I tried updating usb loader and it still keeps happening.
It shouldn't happen anymore, but some hard drive have the "sleep timer" set very low and stop the drive after few seconds of innactivity.
the Wii is not designed to reinit the game access (as it's supposed to be located on a disc, not on usb), so the USB is never wake up and the game freeze because it miss the required data.

Check with your manufacturer's hdd, there's probably a tool to disable the sleep timer.
Western digital and seagate have one, other models/brand should have it too.

TaiAno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's no limit.

if the loader doesn't list the game, it can be few possibilities:
1. if you copied manually to the hdd, the filename is maybe wrong, or not in the correct folder or foldername, etc.
2. maybe you have favorite mode enabled and that game is not rated (disable the star icon in the top menu)
3. maybe you have categories set to display only certain games, be sure the "all" in the top of the category list from the top menu is correctly set to the check mark (not the cross).
top menu > categories > All : Check mark
4. maybe the loader is locked, and parental level is active. disable the lock icon on the top menu
maybe other things I don't think right now.
thankyou i got it. on an entirely different note is there any like hints or tricks to syncing up stubborn new wii motes?

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
yes, that's the Plugin system purpose :)
You list games, or video, or any file extension you want, and link them to specific homebrew.
launching the title will launch the homebrew with that title as argument to auto-boot it.
when exiting the homebrew, it will go back to USBLoaderGX if you have the forwarder channel installed.

There are different pluggins compatible with the same file extension. for example SNES roms can be launched with snes9xgx or RetroArch.
You choose the plugin to load (snes9xgx or retroarch) and it will list compatible games.

I know people will probably ask for more (they always do :P), for example "multiple plugins at the same time" or "plugin + Wii" etc.
Currently, it's only "one at a time", and will probably be the best choice if you think about it.
If you display multiple plugins at the same time, you could have multiple time the same game (Snes roms displayed with both retro and 9x) it will be hard to select which homebrew to launch when selecting the game.

I took a look at his version, but I couldn't spend lot of time on it. (I'm busy these coming days)
It's good that he released a preview, you can test and report any issues before I merge it.

When I thought about the plugin system, I wanted to make a "ini editor" directly from the loader, but .. I have lot of ideas and I don't act a lot ahah
Yeah, but... for RETROARCH? I mean, the multi platform emulator already has like 3 possible emulator for each ROM type... Is it possible at the moment? Or it will be in time?
BTW, hi @Cyan , I'm guessing you haven´t looked into the WD HDD issue just yet? :rofl2:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I haven't :P
but there's a progress, I opened it and plugged it to my computer two weeks ago!
it was correctly detected on PC, but that's to be expected.

I never used retroarch, so I don't know how it works or how you select which emulator to use from within it. Maybe the emulator can also be passed as argument.
I didn't test the preview version yet either, I'll move my computer to m new home tomorrow. (I hope all will work fine)
from next week I'll try to look at his sources and see how it works.

Reactions: sideskroll

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I haven't :P
but there's a progress, I opened it and plugged it to my computer two weeks ago!
it was correctly detected on PC, but that's to be expected.

I never used retroarch, so I don't know how it works or how you select which emulator to use from within it. Maybe the emulator can also be passed as argument.
I didn't test the preview version yet either, I'll move my computer to m new home tomorrow.
from next week I'll try to look at his sources and see how it works.
:D
No rush.
Glad to see you're still alive and kicking.
Let me know if there's something you need help with.
Sadly, I don't use the standalone emulators so the present RC is of no use for me.
If you add support for retroarch though...B-)
I'm your guy.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but... for RETROARCH? I mean, the multi platform emulator already has like 3 possible emulator for each ROM type... Is it possible at the moment? Or it will be in time?
BTW, hi @Cyan , I'm guessing you haven´t looked into the WD HDD issue just yet? :rofl2:
@sideskroll have you never used wiiflow? RetorArch has always been available as plugins. no need to modify them. Abz's pack includes the core dol files and plugin files needed in the plugin folder.

download his pack. inside the plugin folder is a retroarch_wii folder which contains all the core dol files. back in the plugin folder is the plugin ini files needed to use the retroarch dols

Last edited by fledge68,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
@sideskroll have you never used wiiflow? RetorArch has always been available as plugins. no need to modify them. Abz's pack includes the core dol files and plugin files needed in the plugin folder.

download his pack. inside the plugin folder is a retroarch_wii folder which contains all the core dol files. back in the plugin folder is the plugin ini files needed to use the retroarch dols
Hey.
Nope. I haven't :)
Didn't need to. USBLOADER GX took care of launching Wii/GCN games and retroarch through the forwarder took care of emulators.
How does it work though? I mean, can I associate some SNES roms to say SNES GX and some to next etc?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/BkUi1uEdCmk