• Replies 29,363
  • Likes 47

TaiAno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TaiAno You don't have a cIOS installed in slot 249. The loader defaults to using that when starting up.

Cyan has instructions and downloads on how to do that in this post: What exactly do i need to install the usb loader GX?
@TaiAno You don't have a cIOS installed in slot 249. The loader defaults to using that when starting up.

Cyan has instructions and downloads on how to do that in this post: What exactly do i need to install the usb loader GX?

it wouldnt install the way he mentioned so i googled it and followed this info https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation and it worked, basically just a different dx2 option. but usbloader still cant find hdd and i still have the usb device not initiallized error. is ver 3.0 outdated? if so could that be the problem? idk what the newest ver is or where to find it...

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wouldnt install the way he mentioned so i googled it and followed this info https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation and it worked, basically just a different dx2 option. but usbloader still cant find hdd and i still have the usb device not initiallized error. is ver 3.0 outdated? if so could that be the problem? idk what the newest ver is or where to find it...

Version 3.0 is from revision before 1180 to revision 1260. It could be outdated or not. The revision is what's important. r1260 is the most current release and it's located here. (It should be in the first post of this thread.)

If you followed that guide you have two different versions of d2x installed. There is no need to use the "alt" one unless you need to connect your drive to the second USB port.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

TaiAno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 3.0 is from revision before 1180 to revision 1260. It could be outdated or not. The revision is what's important. r1260 is the most current release.
so do i have the current relase? you said its somwhere between 1180 to 1260. trying to update it in its option thing says its the current release. so if its not that then else could be causing my problem?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you followed that guide you have two different versions of d2x installed. There is no need to use the "alt" one unless you need to connect your drive to the second USB port.

also i think i only have one d2x installed i think i removed the duplicate folder from the drive.

Last edited by TaiAno,

TaiAno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i discovered somthing. first of all i am an idiot and the last time i tried to load the loader i had forgotten to put the usb in.. secondly when i put the usb in the one drive us loader freezes at initialize usb and i have to restart the wii. and when i put it in the other usb it gets to waiting for hdd and never loads or finds my drive.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i discovered somthing. first of all i am an idiot and the last time i tried to load the loader i had forgotten to put the usb in.. secondly when i put the usb in the one drive us loader freezes at initialize usb and i have to restart the wii. and when i put it in the other usb it gets to waiting for hdd and never loads or finds my drive.

Sorry if I missed it. Are you using a flash drive or an external hard drive?

bboyjestr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so i have a wd 500gb external hard drive and just for a test i put in super mario galaxy. When i click on it, i hear mario taunt me and when i click start, it takes me back to the homebrew channel. Has this happened to anyone?

fallenangemon0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so i have a wd 500gb external hard drive and just for a test i put in super mario galaxy. When i click on it, i hear mario taunt me and when i click start, it takes me back to the homebrew channel. Has this happened to anyone?

1. Is this the only game it does this with? Be sure that you have the d2x v10 CIOS install setup from this page: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation

2. Be sure your USB Loader is the most recent version and revision.

3. Be sure you have an alternate source for the game (just in case it's a bad dump!)

Plushieluver101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As the saying goes 'If one method don't work, try another', so am doing so instead of trying and trying and trying and failing to get Nintendont to work :P Problem: the zip file for the entire package of USBLoaderGX and all of the extras doesn't exist. Has it been taken down, or something?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Plushieluver101

TaiAno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have another flash drive or a HDD to try it on? Some flash drives seem to be a bit fussy, kind of hit or miss.
no i dont but this was working fine up until like 3 days ago. i had everything set up the way it was supposed to be. i just opened up the loader and it just wasnt working. i dont understand it.

bboyjestr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Is this the only game it does this with? Be sure that you have the d2x v10 CIOS install setup from this page: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation

2. Be sure your USB Loader is the most recent version and revision.

3. Be sure you have an alternate source for the game (just in case it's a bad dump!)

i have 3 games inside of my external. after i installed d2x v10, usb loader doesnt recognize my hdd, it keeps mentioning "usb device not initialized. switching to channel list mode.". I have usb loader gx 3.0 r1260

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if the issue is "after installing v10-alt", then the issue is the cIOS itself.
revert your cIOS version to the one you had before (but don't go lower than 7 as it adds some game compatibilities)
so, either : v7 (not recommended), v8 (recommended if you are on Wii) or v10 (r52, the non alternative version)

If you followed completesg guide, it's telling you to install different (random) IOS version.
so you should already have v10 and v10-alt
except they are both different base IOS.
you can try other slots first before downgrading. slot250 should be the best to use for usb loaders.

bboyjestr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i tried v10 with all the bases and it's still not reading my hdd, is there a way to go back to the setting before i installed the cIOS?

TaiAno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since it doesnt seem that anyone can figure out how to fix my problem im thinking of just starting from scratch reinstalling everything, can someone please link me an up to date guide on how to get usb loader installed?

CyberMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have USB Loader GX set up with the hidden partition drive, Nintendon't, and even some Wiiware games on the Wii U. The Wii U is practically becoming my dream console with all these little features.. I'm come across an issue for running VC titles on EmuNand. The game would boot up and then hang on "You will need a Classic Controller" screen. Then it looks like the Wii U softlocks until you unplug the Wii U and plug it back in. There is an easy fix for this right?

I believe if I were on Wiiflow, I would have to find real_nand_config in the wiiflow.ini file and set that to yes. I'm way too attached to the cleanness of USB Loader GX to try and set up anything else. What is the USB Loader GX equivalent option?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey