• Likes 47

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if USBLoaderGX is compatible with that game.
You need IOS59 to use the official External HDD formated in WFS (Wii File system, not wbfs)

I think some users could play that game, but I don't know how.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need IOS59 to use the official External HDD formated in WFS (Wii File system, not wbfs)

I think it requires Japanese Wii points and and an IP address inside the country, too.

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know if this is the right place to post, and I'm sorry if it isn't.

I'm trying to run Just Dance 2016 on my Wii and it runs fine, but at every start, it says "Data is Corrupted, Delete or Ignore Save/load" and with that, it's impossible to unlock other dance routines in the game. I'm using d2x IOS 250 (I don't remember the version, it was modded for me for quite some time)
Other JDs work good.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doing a quick Google search I've seen a few posts that say Just Dance 2016 has some kind of Anti-Piracy in it. Not sure if that is why you are having problems. I dont know since i don't have the game. Hopefully you actually bought the game and didn't download it so you can at least play it using the disc.

Last edited by Clutz450,

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Doing a quick Google search I've seen a few posts that say Just Dance 2016 has some kind of Anti-Piracy in it. Hopefully you actually bought the game and didn't download it so you can at least play it using the disc.

Yes, the game randomly stops and says "Checking Disc...". I've tried an anti piracy patch, but it didn't work for me.

Yes, I remember about the WFS thing...

I'm gonna try this, but don't know if this works:

Extract the game "wit EXTRACT <wbfs with the game> <folder>" and install the WADs using UNEEK or SNEEK.

Last edited by Larsenv,

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if it's possible to edit the titles for the VC channels that appear in EmuNAND, I have a few games that the titles are not correct and I would like to edit them but I don't want to go through the long and risky process of breaking the WAD file into pieces and such, maybe there's another easier way to do so like with WiiTDB or something?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First :
I'm in holidays this week. I'll try to code instead of playing PS4 :lol:

So, few things you need to know:
- EmuNAND titles currently have a bug (since r1247 to prevent listing deleted channels) where it displays TitleID instead of game's name, I will fix it this week by reverting 1247 changes. you might see empty channels but it's better than wrong title.
- wiitdb can be used, but you need to edit the xml AND never update it or you'll have to edit it again. but it's THE BEST METHOD.
- You can edit titles directly from the loader and they are stored in a "title cache" file, but I noticed it's not always stable (sometime the loader 'forget' the user's title and use Wiitdb title instead).
- I also noticed sometime the loader doesn't use Wiitdb titles at all and displays the original internal titles. I don't know why yet, probably a race issue. I'll try to delay wiitdb loading.

To edit the title inside the loader :
- feature > title cache > enable.
- feature > force title from disc > disable
- gui > game window > enable rotating disc (either every where, or on anything other than banner layout)
- go to List view, click on the game you want to rename to open the spinning disc window
- click on the title at the top of that window to edit it.
- reboot the loader, it SHOULD load the titles from cache before loading it from Wiitdb.

note that internal channel's title are loaded FIRST (at loader's launch), I'm not sure which title will be used if you edit it manually. it should use the title cache too.

Holidays prevision:
- revert/remove SSL support
- remove nintendont update feature (don't know if I'll add it back, it needs SSL so until SSL is stable this option is unusable)
- revert EmuNAND skip deleted channel changes from 1247 to fix games without titles.

*MAYBE* (no promise) :
- see if I can add batch wad install to emuNAND.
- see if I can add both HTTP and HTTPS code on separate functions and use SSL only for https downloads.

Reactions: Troopage

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if it's possible to edit the titles for the VC channels that appear in EmuNAND, I have a few games that the titles are not correct and I would like to edit them but I don't want to go through the long and risky process of breaking the WAD file into pieces and such, maybe there's another easier way to do so like with WiiTDB or something?

Try downloading the GameTDB database. I'd not edit the channels.

Hit 1 to do so, I think that's the button to update stuff.

Please give me an example of the game names, if it appears like that on GameTDB I can change it for you.

:)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
and if you already use WiiTdb and the titles are not correct, the titles should be fixed on the database (on the website!) so it benefit all other users.
Let us know which games have wrong titles, I can edit the database.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
and if you already use WiiTdb and the titles are not correct, the titles should be fixed on the database (on the website!) so it benefit all other users.
Cyan, quick question:
Do I have to format my SD card as fat32 or is FAT (fat16) enough? I'm asking cause by default SD formatter formats it as FAT. (1GB card).
I only need it for the loader and emulator/roms. games and emunand are on my USB HDD.
Thanks.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan, quick question:
Do I have to format my SD card as fat32 or is FAT (fat16) enough? I'm asking cause by default SD formatter formats it as FAT. (1GB card).
I only need it for the loader and emulator/roms. games and emunand are on my USB HDD.
Thanks.
I'm using FAT16 on my SD card and it works fine. I have a 2GB SD card formatted as FAT16 for the homebrew DOLs and certain things that have to be on there, like Project M. Everything else is on my USB HDD (formatted with FAT32 for the first partition and EXT2 for the second). I haven't had any issues concerning my setup.

Last edited by TecXero,
Reactions: sideskroll

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm using FAT16 on my SD card and it works fine. I have a 2GB SD card formatted as FAT16 for the homebrew DOLs and certain things that have to be on there, like Project M. Everything else is on my USB HDD (formatted with FAT32 for the first partition and EXT2 for the second). I haven't had any issues concerning my setup.
Thanks. Better safe than sorry as they say :)
I always used just the USB HDD but after some issues with the drive after being written to by either the loader or emulators etc I prefer to have everything but the actual games on an SD.
Thanks for replying.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Better safe than sorry as they say :)
I always used just the USB HDD but after some issues with the drive after being written to by either the loader or emulators etc I prefer to have everything but the actual games on an SD.
Thanks for replying.
No problem. I tried going USB only for a while. It wasn't pretty. A lot of homebrew (especially older homebrew) was written with the SD card in mind and not USB.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can you take the accent off of Okami? :D

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, because that's the correct name.
You need to use a font with that accent (default wii system font for example) but it looks ugly.
our font is nicer but doesn't have that character.

I always try to rename that game using the titlecache, but I don't know why it always forget my change.
another bug to fix probably.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, because that's the correct name.
You need to use a font with that accent (default wii system font for example) but it looks ugly.
our font is nicer but doesn't have that character.

I always try to rename that game using the titlecache, but I don't know why it always forget my change.
another bug to fix probably.

I was just kidding anyway. It's really a sorting issue with the loader. Accented letters should be alphabetized as if they weren't accented. I keep thinking I'm going to fix it but I keep forgetting, too. :/

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Well the thing is most of the games I wanna change the titles for were injects "some I requested" but I do remember Megaman X2 having a space at the beginning "which I edited and fixed in my WiiTdb file" and if I remember correctly Last Blade 2 has a wrong title too, I believe Penguin Adventure was fixed for it had a wrong title for a long time, that's the only official VC titles I remember that had wrong titles but the rest are injects that I would like to edit for easy finding in my sea of VC titles.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try downloading the GameTDB database. I'd not edit the channels.

Hit 1 to do so, I think that's the button to update stuff.

Please give me an example of the game names, if it appears like that on GameTDB I can change it for you.

:)
Do you think you can add injected games to the WiiTdb list? Cause if so it'd help me a lot.

Revenged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi, I have a problem with EmuNAND on vWii (PAL).

I have an USB HDD (no SD) and boot into USB Loader GX (version R1256-1257) from RealNAND System Menu -> Homebrew Browser -> USB Loader GX. I have dumped my NAND from Features -> Dump NAND to EmuNand (took a few mins). After that, I proceeded to install a couple of WiiWare/VC WADs (Features -> Install WAD to Emunand). Loader Settings -> Nand Saves Emulation and Nand Chan. Emulation both are set to Full.

But - when launching these installed titles I get returned to Homebrew Browser. Same with every tested title.

The WAD I have been experimenting with most is Cave Story (PAL) since this should work. Also - I have tried to install the same WAD to RealNAND - it worked perfectly there. So the problem is not with the WAD itself. I have also tried other ones.

However, if I leave the same title installed on RealNAND and then try to launch it from EmuNAND - it works. This leads me to suspect the problem is with redirection to USB (somehow).

Also - I have compiled myself UNEEK. If I try to use that (Loader Settings - Nand Chan. Emulation - Neek) I get two errors: first one with "Current neek files are not neek2o. Game autoboot disabled." and then when clicking Continue "To use neek you need to set your 'Emulated NAND Channel Path' on the first primary partition of the Hard Drive." I'm not sure whether this has to do with the drive partitioning - there are actually two: first 7 MB "unused" and second 250 GB FAT32. I haven't been able to get that 7 MB included (I use EaseUS Partition). Maybe that's the problem with NEEK...still it does not explain the cIOS loading alternative above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte