• Start date
  • Views 7,159,514
  • Replies 29,357
  • Likes 47

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe Abdallah Terro can make nicer banners for the rebooter channel.
I don't know if this is possible, will you create a second "Return to for channels only" in global settings?
Or maybe it is better to configure the "Return to" for each channel individually?

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe Abdallah Terro can make nicer banners for the rebooter channel.
I don't know if this is possible, will you create a second "Return to for channels only" in global settings?
Or maybe it is better to configure the "Return to" for each channel individually?

there are different themed ones available
https://code.google.com/p/custom-di/downloads/detail?name=final fantasy - NK2O.wad&can=2&q=
https://code.google.com/p/custom-di/downloads/detail?name=fairy - NK2O.wad&can=2&q=
https://code.google.com/p/custom-di/downloads/detail?name=transforms- NK2O.wad&can=2&q=
I personally like the Transforms channel the best.

Or you can copy NSwitch to your SD card or FAT32 USB device and use it from the homebrew channel
https://code.google.com/p/custom-di/downloads/detail?name=nswitch2.2.rar&can=2&q=

Also Cyan this is from the download page for Nswitch v2.2
First it checks for kernel.bin on the usb device if not found (sneek users) it will check the sd-card. uneek users won't need kernel.bin on their sd card anymore
NOTE: Returning to SM with nSwitch 2.0+ will only work with uneek2o rev. r93+

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like this idea and seems to be the best solution to exit from neek2o to realNAND. And we don't even have to reboot manually pressing the Power button. In my opinion, better moving to realNAND after exiting a channel and load neek2o again to play another channel than having issues with GX under neek2o.
That is exactly what I want to do. Return to real NAND from NEEK20. Where would I set this option? Thanks, It seems to be the last option I need to set for my perfect setup. I have Priiloader installed on my real NAND, and I know how to inject channels in my emuNAND using Windows.

EDIT: I understand now, just reread Cyans post. Set the return to in NEEK to N2O so it reboots the console. I believe I installed the N2O channel on the emu NAND when I was setting it up, I will try it on Sunday when I get home. Thanks guys.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I will create two different "return to" settings in the global loader's settings: one for realNAND and one for Neek.
in the individual game setting, you will only see ON or OFF.

Currently in the individual settings you see : OFF or "titleID set in the global setting". You can't select the channel to return to in the individual settings. it already acts as a ON-OFF switch. I'll just rename "current titleID" to "ON".
Then, depending on the launch mode (real or neek) it will use the corresponding channel's TitleID specified in global setting to return to.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated from r1244 to r1246 and now the loader is asking for kenowbi.bin when i use cheats with Nintendont, this didn't happen with r1244. I'm not really worried about it as cheat codes still work when i load games but i thought i would make this known if anyone else is experiencing it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
44 didn't ask?
You are right , In 1246, I added the check if you have debug option enabled.
1247 will ask only if you use old version of nintendont.

disable the debug option if you don't need it.

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan, when the "return to" function is set to NEEK20, will it reboot the console both when the emuNAND channels are set to booting with NEEK AND when the emuNAND channels are NOT booting with NEEK? Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
when booting without neek, it returns to the channels set in the settings (usually, "UNEO", the loader's forwarder)
when booting with neek, it's forced to "NK2O" titleID which is (normally) doing what the user wants when exiting a neek launched game : exit neek to return to the loader located on realNAND.

superkrups20056

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks cyan, I just tried it and it isn't working as perfectly as I thought:

I set the return to function to NEEK2O in USB Loader GX.

I boot An emuNAND channel WITH NEEK, press return to wii menu, and it reboots the console perfectly because I have the NEEK2O channel installed on my emuNAND *this part works (Priiloader auto boots USBLoader GX from the realNAND)

I boot a channel WITHOUT NEEK, press return to to Wii menu, and it returns to the NEEK20 channel installed on my realNAND, which boots up my emuNAND Wii menu. This is not what I want it to do, I want it to go to back to USB Loader GX on the emuNAND.

One fix for this I can think of is just booting all emuNAND titles with NEEK by default, but the global function does not work in preview 2 that you released. You did mention that you fixed it in later releases. Would you mind sharing an updated preview please? :)

Also, I wanted to install nswitch on my emuNAND because as you suggested it is faster and there is no displayed ugly text, but I can't find a WAD for it when I google for it, the link that you posted was just the source. Could you post a WAD of the latest nswitch channel?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you don't understand how it works.
I never said to choose "return to neek2o" in the USBLoader settings!

Go to settings > loader settings > return to : UNEO ! (USBLoaderGX forwarder) <---- NEVER change this.
on your EmuNAND, install the "NK2O" wad channel.

And that's all.
with this setting alone, everything works as it should.

how it works
USBLoaderGX NEVER launch games directly located on neek, and when you exit that game it doesn't return to a channel located on your RealNAND!
USBLoaderGX only launches NEEK itself. that's all.

1. Launching neek : RealNAND -> USBLoaderGX -> Neek system menu
2. Neek launches the game : Neek system menu -> game on neek
3. Exiting game on neek stays on neek : game on neek -> Neek system menu (NOT realNAND, when exiting a game you are STILL in neek system menu. You can't "return to" a channel installed on realNAND)
4. Exiting game on neek can "return to" another channel on neek : game on neek -> another channel on neek. (Like said : You can't "return to" a channel installed on realNAND. it must be present on your emuNAND)
5. Exiting neek : Neek system menu -> reboot wii -> realNAND

When USBLoaderGX launches neek, it tells neek this:
- Channel to launch on Neek system menu first launch : "XXXX" (the game ID you selected in USBLoaderGX)
- Channel to launch on neek when exiting a game on neek : "NK2O" (this titleID is always forced. The channel must be located on emuNAND and is used to reboot the wii).

Channels with emuNAND : Full
RealNAND -> USBLoaderGX -> channel using full emuNAND -> cIOS on realNAND doing the file access redirection to SD or USB -> exit the game -> return to realNAND -> load the channel on realNAND you selected in the settings (UNEO) -> USBLoaderGX

Channels with emuNAND : Neek
RealNAND -> USBLoaderGX -> Neek -> Game -> exit the game -> return to neek -> load NK2O on neek -> reboot the Wii -> RealNAND -> Priiloader -> autoboot USBLoaderGX forwarder -> USBLoaderGX

"emuNAND Full" is still operating on realNAND. the console is working on realNAND, ARM/PPC is on realNAND, cIOS is on RealNAND. cIOS is patching the game "instead of accessing NAND, access SD or USB". it's replacing "nand:/path/file.ext" to "sd:/emu/path/file.ext".
it's NOT an emulated NAND. it's only a redirected file access.

neek is a real Emulation. you can't access data located on realNAND if you don't reboot the console.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all I would like to ask, has the new NEEK build released yet? Last I checked it was the preview 2 build which didn't have the global settings functioning correctly.

Now on a different note, a couple of days ago I noticed that my SD is full "probably why I been getting the copy message when using cheats with Nintendont".
I'm using a 32GB SD, luckily I have a 64GB Micro-SD which I'm not using so I figured I can switch to that, after a couple of hours transferring my entire data I finally got to testing it...

The good news is the main Wii titles worked fine, Wiiware titles, save files, DLC and such, Homebrew worked fine with my apps showing and functioning fine, most emulators I tested ran fine "Genesis Plus GX, WiiMednafn, WiiSX, ...etc" unfortunately though USB Loader GX and Wii Xplorer did not see my SD at all, I mean apps don't even show up, I had to revert back to my regular 32GB SD to get things working again, after deleting some Sega CD titles I have some empty space again so I'm good for now.

I wonder if this is an issue with USB Loader GX or is it some missing iOS I need to install, Is there anything I can do to get these apps to work again? I think it's worth mentioning that one of the emulators I tested "Stella" while ran fine it would play noise instead of the audio, I guess while Wii is capable of running a 64GB Micro-SD most apps just aren't compatible with it.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to set up 2 different Emunands, one for E and one for U in USB Loader GX? As it is as I'm in a pal region I can pretty much only use E Wiiware games through the emulated Emunand. If I use Neek2o I can run both (after selecting the relevant Nand).

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all I would like to ask, has the new NEEK build released yet? Last I checked it was the preview 2 build which didn't have the global settings functioning correctly.

Now on a different note, a couple of days ago I noticed that my SD is full "probably why I been getting the copy message when using cheats with Nintendont".
I'm using a 32GB SD, luckily I have a 64GB Micro-SD which I'm not using so I figured I can switch to that, after a couple of hours transferring my entire data I finally got to testing it...

The good news is the main Wii titles worked fine, Wiiware titles, save files, DLC and such, Homebrew worked fine with my apps showing and functioning fine, most emulators I tested ran fine "Genesis Plus GX, WiiMednafn, WiiSX, ...etc" unfortunately though USB Loader GX and Wii Xplorer did not see my SD at all, I mean apps don't even show up, I had to revert back to my regular 32GB SD to get things working again, after deleting some Sega CD titles I have some empty space again so I'm good for now.

I wonder if this is an issue with USB Loader GX or is it some missing iOS I need to install, Is there anything I can do to get these apps to work again? I think it's worth mentioning that one of the emulators I tested "Stella" while ran fine it would play noise instead of the audio, I guess while Wii is capable of running a 64GB Micro-SD most apps just aren't compatible with it.
some mSD cards don't work with Wii homebrew it's all trial and error not all just like how not all USB controllers aren't compatible with Dios-Mios. your 64GB mSD card just so happens to fall into the error category. sometimes it is however the mSD to SD adapter that causes error, if Not64 and WiiSX are reading the SD card properly then it may just be the adapter at fault.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If i may add, if you use Neek2O you don't even need 2 emunands, if you turn on the system region free hack all emunands should play all regions.

not all OOR titles will play however, I tried to some korean ones at one point on a NTSC-U emunand and they wouldn't boot just kept black screening with error 002.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
not all OOR titles will play however, I tried to some korean ones at one point on a NTSC-U emunand and they wouldn't boot just kept black screening with error 002.

Can you provide me with a title so i can see this and OverjoY can maybe have a look at it?
I thought Neek2O was fully compatible bacause OJ and some others have tested this, i do not know with which titles though..

EDIT: you maybe also need to turn on the temp region change hack for some games.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you provide me with a title so i can see this and OverjoY can maybe have a look at it?
I thought Neek2O was fully compatible bacause OJ and some others have tested this, i do not know with which titles though..

ummm it was a while ago I used R96 B7 with it. I'll have to look through my VC/WW titles see which ones they are

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

EDIT: you maybe also need to turn on the temp region change hack for some games.

Bomberman '93/'94
Castlevania - Rondo of Blood
Street Fighter II - Champion Edition
those are the ones I tested. They are part of the TurboGrafix16 VC collection

Reactions: Etheboss

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
some mSD cards don't work with Wii homebrew it's all trial and error not all just like how not all USB controllers aren't compatible with Dios-Mios. your 64GB mSD card just so happens to fall into the error category. sometimes it is however the mSD to SD adapter that causes error, if Not64 and WiiSX are reading the SD card properly then it may just be the adapter at fault.
The adapter can cause issues? This may be worth testing!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse