Homebrew usb loader gx wont download game covers

LinkLovesBreakingPots

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, question for anyone who knows, I've managed to download all game covers but one, Mega men 2 NES virtual console, it just doesnt want to download it for some reason but had no issue downloading all 324 other covers for the games games I have. I try adding it in manually, but it still doesnt show, which is weird, Its put as its game ID in its nand folder where all the rest of them are, but doesnt fix the issue. Any fixes?

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any luck yet? I've been modding Wiis for a long time now and I've downloaded covers automatically and manually many times, and I've made my own too. Never had this issue.

First, go to USBLGX main settings and turn on the Display Game ID setting. Now scroll over to your Mega Man 2 game and see what its ID is. Every Mega Man 2 image needs to be named the same as that ID for it to work. Remember, WADs have different IDs depending on their region (NTSC-U, NTSC-J, PAL). I've downloaded WADs that were the wrong region on accident. Then when I manually downloaded the covers, I named them wrong and they didn't show up.

Also, try going into the game's settings and deleting its cache_bnr. Then go back to your computer and manually delete all the Mega Man 2 images (and go into the cache_bnr and make sure to delete the Mega Man 2 .bnr file if it's still there). NOW download them again manually from gametdb.com and put them into the correct folders. It should work now.

Maybe try deleting the titles_cache file in your USBLGX apps folder too? Also maybe the wii_tdb_offsets file. These files regenerate when you delete them. They just help the program start faster because they cache information, so maybe delete them so it can recache them from a fresh start.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F