Hacking Homebrew Others USB Loader Gx (Wii) not showing games from USB

TheKirbyGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
After more than 24 hours of trouble shooting i have still not gotten The Iso file to show up in USB Loader Gx. Does anyone know what the problem is?

My method step by step: 1. Download Metroid prime trilogy (Wii) with the file format .nkit.iso from Vimms' lair. 2. Downloads Nkit and extracts it to a new mapp. 3. Tries converting the ".nkit.iso" game to Iso, tho it does not work. 4. Tries to restore the game with "RecoverToIso", but it fails. 5. After many attempts somehow converts game to a ".iso_1" file. Step 6 celebrate, becoase you think you succeded. 7. Format a 16 Gig USB stick to Fat32 with allocation byte number too 4096. 8. Creates a "wbfs" folder on said USB. 9. Downloads Wii Backup fusion. 10. Tries converting ".iso_1" one game to wbfs, but it does not work. 11. Verifies game and it seems to be fine. 12. Tries converting again, but it fails. 13. Seperates the Iso to 2 parts in order for it to fit on Fat32 USB wbfs folder. 14. Hope the game shows up USB Loader Gx. 15. Pluggs in USB, but the Wii cant seem to find the game. 16. Spends another 6 hours online trying to figure out what to do. 17. Formats the USB stick to NTFS, in order for the entire ISO file to fit. 18. create a folder named games (the wbfs is gone now) and places game inside of said folder. 19. Pluggs in USB, but it cant seem to find the game. 20. Gives up after more than 24 hours of waiting and trouble shooting.

(I did not bother to place out "I" at the start of every sentence i hope that is fine)

(The dolphin emulator recognised the game, tho i only got a black screen when starting it, also the dolphin emulator froze. I think the game file is broken, but i think it still should show up in the USB Loader Gx even if not working.)

( I think the Iso file i got from the game is fine, since the values i got from WII backup Fusion looked good, tho its my first time using it so maybe i just could not see the problem.)

I hope that i can get some help in understanding what the issue is, also feel free to ask questions about this.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
First try ripping a physical disk to usb using your USB loader. Confirm the new backup works. If so, you've likely encountered a problematic backup

Using nkit you want to use the processing app to convert to iso, then using wii backup manager to convert the iso to wbfs format

A syscheck may also be helpful at this point in time
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Reactions: jeannotte

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've used that nkit iso from that same site when I had issues with metroid prime 3. all isos that I downloaded online were identical with a hex comparison. the problem was emunand, and it only affected metroid prime 3, so keep that off. anyway, your issue is likely using a flash drive. the wii and vwii are finicky with flash drives.

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

TheKirbyGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for the info, but i have now gotten it to work. It may be the case of me not entirery knowing how wii backup fusion works, but it could also be that i got unlucky with my downloads. (So many were corrupted)

ToothyNom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
nkit.iso is pure stupid in my opinion, never works and neither does the nkit decoder. When downloading Wii games from Vimms' Liar I usually switch the game format to .wbfs. There's a dropdown menu. Works much nicer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!