Hacking USB Loader GX - Ocarina codes do not work on VC games

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bunch of VC games loaded onto my emulated nand through USB Loader GX mod r1166. I'm able to download ocarina codes for some of them, but I can't apply them to the game. The GCT file gets created, I turn ocarina on in the loader settings, but when I load the game, the cheats aren't active. They work on my Wii and Gamecube games, but not the VC games. I tried updating my IOS 36 to the latest version as suggested, but it still doesn't work. Has anybody gotten this to work and knows how to do it?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I couldn't make them work either :(

You have two different way to launch the channels (VC/WiiWare channels, not the layout mode).
Go into the settings > Loader Settings > Channel launching method : you have "content" or "boot.dol".
Try both settings, it could help, but it's not guarantee.

As the channels are not launched from the system menu as a channel, but directly from the apploader, the memory mapping is different and then the cheat codes are applied in different places instead of the correct one.
USBLoaderGX would need to remap the addresses from the cheat codes (if it's the same for all channels), or that users creating cheat codes make them specially for USBLoaderGX (highly doubtful, they are design to be launched with GeckoOS)

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, Wiiware games on Emulated NAND are rather spotty working to begin with. It's possible that the compatibility doesn't cross over due to some error with the nand emulation. I just put my Wiiware games on my regular nand and load them up from USB Loader through that. Perhaps ocarina would work then.

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That actually worked. Thanks man, appreciate it.
Hey men was a couple years back but i'll try it to ask you how did you did cheats working from emunand disk for Wiiware VC g games i'll read here when i'm good reading that you cheat codes
to have working on WiiWare VC games ???
how you did that?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you try switching the Channel launching mode in the loader's settings?
content <-> boot.dol ?

Like I said 2 years ago, I didn't thought it would work, but the user said it helped.
Maybe it doesn't work with all games.
I didn't fix Cheat code for EmuNAND yet, sorry.

If you really want to use cheat code, you can install the WiiWare/VC game on Real NAND instead. cheat code should work fine on realNAND.

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you try switching the Channel launching mode in the loader's settings?
content <-> boot.dol ?

Like I said 2 years ago, I didn't thought it would work, but the user said it helped.
Maybe it doesn't work with all games.
I didn't fix Cheat code for EmuNAND yet, sorry.

If you really want to use cheat code, you can install the WiiWare/VC game on Real NAND instead. cheat code should work fine on realNAND.
Yes i hef you mean it use with Gecko OS 1.9.3.8 from hard nand channel that works fine idd
but maybe there is a way to use the cheats with a hard disk nand that's what i want to know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-