Hacking USB Loader Gx not working when Wii U hard drive plugged in

ssnowmann11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello!

I have a 1Tb Hard Drive to store Wii and GC games on (formatted to FAT32) and I have a second, 256Gb flash memory stick to store wii u games on. I play the Wii and GC games through USB Loader GX and they all used to run fine. I installed the USB Loader forwarder to the Wii U menu and it also used to work fine. I used Ustealth to hide the HDD from the wii u to avoid being asked to format every time and it was working perfectly.

Then I installed the Wii U games. This required the second memory stick which I formatted when I plugged it into the Wii U. I installed all the games using usbhelper/wup installer and all my wii u games work perfectly.

The problem is that now when I go into my USB Loader Gx from the wiiu menu I get an error "199-9999". If I open the virtual wii menu and go into usb loader gx that way, it lets me in but I get a different error "USB Device not Initialized. Switching to Channel List Mode" and I can't get my games to show up. If I return to the virtual wii menu and remove my WiiU USB Stick (With the Wii U Games on it) and then open back up USB LoaderGx through the virtual wii menu, then my wii and GC games works fine again. The problem is that if I try and pull my wii u harddrive out in the wii u menu I get an error saying I need to turn off my wii u and that it won't run without the wii u usb plugged in. I think i have the Wii/GC HDD plugged into the right port (top one at the back) and am using a y-cable so it should be fine. I think essentially what is happening is USB Loader Gx is always trying to read my Wii U usb drive before my wii/GC HDD no matter which slot is it plugged into...

Please help me figure out how to be able to leave both usb drives in my wii u and have both USB Loader Gx and my WiiU games work at the same time!!! Thanks a lot.

Last edited by ssnowmann11,

Gruphius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you plug the Wii U drive into the front of the Wii U? The vWii has no access to those USB ports, so you should be save.

Edit: Oh, and @Cyan probably has the most knowledge about stuff like that in this forum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally