Hacking USB loader GX need some help getting it to work...

titchgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys!

Hoping someone can help me out.
I am a total Wii novice so please bare with me :P

So I brought a old Wii the other day with a external HDD.

After getting it home I discovered the HDD is knackered but the Wii is fine.

It has USB loader GX installed and so I have tried putting some ISO’s on a spare drive I had knocking around that I formated and copied the ISO’s to using WBMS (think I put that right!?)

So I have 2 problems, The first is I just get a black screen and the wiimote turns off after starting one of the ISO games.

I believe this may be something to do with the video output settings?

Which brings me to my 2nd problem, I cant save any settings if I alter them.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello,

When you say it comes with USBLoaderGX already installed, you mean it's installed on the console or you bought it with a ready to use SD card?
If the loader is installed on your console, and launches without SD or USB inserted, then its an old version and you should remove/update it.

if it doesn't launch without the SD card inserted, then it's good !
but you'll probably have to update the file on your SD card anyway (I released an update yesterday)

You can't save any settings because you don't have an SD card inserted?
and your HDD is probably not in correct format to save the settings either, so you have few bad things :

1. the version of the loader is bad
2. the HDD format is bad, and you used a bad program to put games on it. you don't have an SD card.
3. your console is probably using outdated hacks, you'll have to update it.

how to fix :
0. GET an SD card ! format it to FAT32.
If you don't have one, Buy one ! don't be cheap. you had enough to buy a console, just get an SD card too. you'll save a lot of money by pirating...
you can at least spend 10$ on a small SD card (32GB SDHC or less are fine, don't use SDXC)

1. follow this guide to get proper channel installed and latest release of USBLoaderGX.

2. Format your HDD to FAT32, with 32k/cluster
use Wii Backup Manager program to put games on it.
DO NOT format to WBFS. DO NOT use "WBFS Manager", as it corrupts HDDs. use only Wii Backup Manager with FAT32 and follow the guide in the link above.

3. your console is probably using an old hack.
it's easy to update, but maybe I'll wait until you follow the first two steps to prevent you being lost.

Last edited by Cyan,

titchgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Cyan,
I was not aware it needed the SD card in there to operate as well, Thought it would work off just the external HDD.

The loader is installed on the console, It wont boot unless the HDD is plugged in but boots fine with it in.

I suspect you are right in it being old though its V2.0 IOS222 (rev4) according to the credits.

Just seen your name in there btw so again thank you! ;)

titchgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I have downloaded the files you in your guide and have put them on the SD card in the folders you have stated.
But I can see nowhere to launch the WAD manager?
I looked on the SD card by clicking the SD logo on the main menu but nothing is showing. I also looked on the HBC but that was upside down and just showing the USB loader.

Not sure where I am suposed to look/launch it from.

Sorry, Like I said total noob to all this, Just trying to put right this mess :P

titchgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I have managed to work out what the problem was, It was because the files were within a folder in a folder.

Anyway I have followed your guide, Uninstalled the the original loader, reinstalled the new loader and its booting in no problem.
I have also dropped a few ISO's on the HDD via wii back up manager.

But when I open the loader its detecting the HDD but saying no games are present on the HDD.

Not sure if I did something wrong or they are unsupported files or what?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: