GC games on USB loader GX

away8777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure it's fat32, and has only one MBR partition. The cluster size wouldn't matter much. Go to Disk Management (if you have Windows) to see your drive's info.
I know it's fat32 for sure as for it being MBR I'm not sure
Post automatically merged:

Make sure it's fat32, and has only one MBR partition. The cluster size wouldn't matter much. Go to Disk Management (if you have Windows) to see your drive's info.
Alright double checked and the HDD is fat 32 MBR I reset my GX to factory still slightly confused as to how to label the games with the game.iso at the end of the ID .but I did label the game ID in Star wars bounty Hunter as seen in the photo and that didn't work either. For what it's worth I did do all of this on a SD card just to rule out the possibility of it being my HDD or a label issue with the games and I still couldn't get them to show up on there either. Honestly not sure what I'm doing wrong......

Attachments

• PXL_20240816_055440967.jpg
    PXL_20240816_055440967.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20240816_060121577.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240816_060121577.MP.jpg
    9.4 MB · Views: 2
Last edited by away8777,

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's fat32 for sure as for it being MBR I'm not sure

Alright double checked and the HDD is fat 32 MBR I reset my GX to factory still slightly confused as to how to label the games with the game.iso at the end of the ID .but I did label the game ID in Star wars bounty Hunter as seen in the photo and that didn't work either. For what it's worth I did do all of this on a SD card just to rule out the possibility of it being my HDD or a label issue with the games and I still couldn't get them to show up on there either. Honestly not sure what I'm doing wrong......
Hi, USB Loader GX requires Gamecube ISOs to be named a very specific way for the games to display in the loader.
The ISO file needs to be named game so the file becomes game.iso AND each ISO needs to be in its own folder.
The folder for the game can be named anything DOES NOT have to include the Game ID - this is only needed for Wii games.

/games/Anything Here/Zelda.iso <--- WRONG
/games/Anything Here/game.iso <--- Correct

I hope these screenshots can clear up the name confusion. Someone already gave you the answer here, but I really don't blame you for not noticing as it's a tricky one to realize it's literally "game.iso" and not "supersmashbros.iso"

(you don't have file name extensions on in your windows file explorer - be sure you're making the files game.iso and not game.iso.iso. see here to show the file name extensions

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.png
    2.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.png
    3.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 4.png
    4.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 2

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the second pic, you have your gc games all dumped in one folder and they're not named game.iso. Smh.. We instructed you to put each game in a separate folder, along with the naming convention for the iso files but somehow they all fell on deaf ears. Im not gonna repeat myself, the solution to your problem was a couple posts ago. Good luck!

away8777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, USB Loader GX requires Gamecube ISOs to be named a very specific way for the games to display in the loader.
The ISO file needs to be named game so the file becomes game.iso AND each ISO needs to be in its own folder.
The folder for the game can be named anything DOES NOT have to include the Game ID - this is only needed for Wii games.

I hope these screenshots can clear up the name confusion. Someone already gave you the answer here, but I really don't blame you for not noticing as it's a tricky one to realize it's literally "game.iso" and not "supersmashbros.iso"

(you don't have file name extensions on in your windows file explorer - be sure you're making the files game.iso and not game.iso.iso. see here to show the file name extensions
This is a huge help on getting this figured out I'll try this out and keep everyone posted

On the second pic, you have your gc games all dumped in one folder and they're not named game.iso. Smh.. We instructed you to put each game in a separate folder, along with the naming convention for the iso files but somehow they all fell on deaf ears. Im not gonna repeat myself, the solution to your problem was a couple posts ago. Good luck!
In all fairness I did say I had no idea what I was doing and also must have missed the comment where you said they all had to be in separate folders. And again all fairness you did say "GC games work in Nintendont but not usbloadergx, so it can't possibly be wrong iso file/folder naming." So I took that as it might be a issue somewhere else. Thanks for being Cool CoolMe 👍

Illuminaticy!!!!! Thank you for the indepth description on exactly what needed to be done it is now working!!!!!!!

Last edited by away8777,
  • Love
Reactions: Illuminaticy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/vTBiahDJ_go?si=o6g6f7QIGwZAfwdQ