Hacking USB Loader GX Issue - Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnny2071
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,473
  • Replies Replies 3

Johnny2071

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2014
Messages
178
Reaction score
10
Trophies
0
Age
36
XP
517
Country
United States
Every time I start the Long Jump event, nothing happens. The game just freezes as my character faces the screen.
 
There could be two reason :
- The game is a bad dump, or is corrupted. you'll have to dump it again.
- The game requires a specific IOS base, and you are not using the correct one. Try a different IOS slot (250 instead of 249 for example) in your USBLoader settings.

You can check the game's integrity with WiiBackupManager.
Select the game and choose the "Sha1" option. If it ends green, the ISO is fine, if it's red it's bad.
 
There could be two reason :
- The game is a bad dump, or is corrupted. you'll have to dump it again.
- The game requires a specific IOS base, and you are not using the correct one. Try a different IOS slot (250 instead of 249 for example) in your USBLoader settings.

You can check the game's integrity with WiiBackupManager.
Select the game and choose the "Sha1" option. If it ends green, the ISO is fine, if it's red it's bad.
I'm adding on to this old thread because I have a different but similar issue for the same game. If I need to make a new thread, let me know.

I'm using the vWii and trying to play Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. Whether I put in the disc and try to play it normally, or I try to add it via USBLoaderGX and try to play it that way, I get a black screen and booted back to the menu (below).

20250531_091934.jpg


I've tried using cIOS 249, 250, and 251 with the same result. I tried adding it to WiiBackupManager and this is what it shows:

WiiBackupManager_Win64_lbSpDScPii.png


I'm assuming this means it's bad, but I tested the game on a Wii Mini as that's the only other console I have on hand at the moment and it works perfectly. Do you have any ideas on what the issue is?
 

Site & Scene News