Homebrew USB Loader GX Gamecube trouble

dandandan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's disappointing. The compatibility list says it switches discs okay: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Lite_Compatibility_List

Also, an update: I've finally managed to get DML working but I had to go all the way back to r21, which isn't great. And USBGX doesn't support r21 so i have to use CFG loader to get it working :-(

Also, I'm a bit surprised by how laggy the games are. I'm using a Class 6 FAT32 formattted SDHC. Whenever I ripped the discs it was always slower than 6MB/s so I thought a Class 6 would be just as good as a Class 10. Maybe I will try out Dios Mios after all...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
which version is r21?

USBGX works with DML 1.2+
And v1.5 should work fine, I tested it myself.

About the speed, it's faster if you format the SD card with 64k cluster
and if you align the game on 32k using DiscEx (but not working with all games).

You should try DM 2.2 (32k or less cluster size, doesn't work with 64k)

About the swap disc, maybe it's using the GCreEx format where you extract all files from both disc in the same folder?

dandandan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really know about the disc-swapping thing. Here's hoping they find a way though - some of the best GameCube games are spread over 2 discs

I got DML r21 from a tutorial. I think it might have been on WiiHacks but I'm not sure

I tried DM 2.2 as soon as I noticed how laggy the games were running from a Class 6 SD. Worked straight away. Wow! It's so smooth. Works flawlessly on every game I've tried so far. Loading times are practically non-existent. And because USBGX supports DM 2.2 I can have all my Wii games and GC games together. Happy days.

I have noticed that with DM 2.2 installed I can't play games from the disc drive any more (even originals) so I hope they manage to fix that in the next release or at least work on ironing out some of the incompatibilities (especially with Eternal Darkness)

Thanks for all your help Cyan!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can play retail disc by launching them with the loader.
I played Starfox Adventure from retail disc, launched by USBLoaderGX (advantage is that you can force 480p !) and DM2.2, all worked fine.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi All,

Im using r1193 but when i select a gamecube game that is on my hard drive it will load the game from the drive instead.
Can someone help me please?

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes