Hacking Usb Loader GX Gamecube Backup Help Required

  • Thread starter Thread starter shanefromoz
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,692
  • Replies Replies 10

shanefromoz

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
1,971
Reaction score
413
Trophies
1
XP
5,017
Country
Australia
Hi All,

I have my wii running Usb Loader GX with no issues at all.
I have a few Gamecube games installed on my hard drive and was hoping to make a backup of them to dvd.
I used imageburn and was burning at 2.4 using verbatim dvd-r.
After burning and placing the copy into my chipped wii it will not read the disc.
Can someone please help me?
I have sent a pm asking for help but i thought i would also start this post incase anyone else has had the same issue.

Cheers Shane
 
But what i am saying is that when i dump from original gamecube discs to hard drive then copy to dvd they wont load on my modded gamecube.
Im trying to work out if i need to run the games through a programme before i burn them.
 
Yes, I understood that.

the iso should be burnable as is
only when useing extracted files instead, you need to reasemble them first
 
I don't know how to use imageburn, sorry.
The only windows program I ever used to burn was nero, and that was over a decade ago.

But did you make sure that you can run (other) discs with DM installed?
 
All i want to do is make a dvd backup in case the hard drive fails.
Once i make the backup and then uninstall game from usb loader gx, i then go to reinstall and thats when i get the errors.
 
Sorry no idea about the errors.

But for that purpose a different aproach would be better anyway.
Simply burn the games as files not as an image.
That way you can fit more games onto one dvd.
You won't be able to play them directly or copy them on the wii,
but copying back to a hdd on a PC should be faster anyway.
 
Thanks PsyBlade.
I found out what the errors are.
It was my burner.
I put my old burner in and it works perfect.
Thanks everyone.
 

Site & Scene News