Snowmanne

OP
Trophies
Website
Snowmanne.DeviantArt.com
XP
Country
United States
When I try to copying games to my USB device it freezes half way on games that are 2gb or more, since I installed the channel not the forwarder I tried it with out the SD card and it backs up the game with no problems. I want to know if there's a file(s) in my SD card affecting the backup. I'm using v2.3

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You said your "games" so I suppose you tested different games, so it shouldn't be your discs.

The only file which could affect the dumping process is the configuration file which tell the loader how to split the dump or which folder to use.
maybe booting with the SD card use a different setting than booting without the SD card (setting store on USB if no SD is inserted).

But removing the SD card once the loader is launched shouldn't fix your problem (it may even create more problem).

Check your settings files on SD/usb.
You can set the split size to 2GB, 4GB, none.

Maybe there's a problem with splitting files at 2GB (I think most users are splitting at 4GB).

Snowmanne

OP
Trophies
Website
Snowmanne.DeviantArt.com
XP
Country
United States
You said your "games" so I suppose you tested different games, so it shouldn't be your discs.

The only file which could affect the dumping process is the configuration file which tell the loader how to split the dump or which folder to use.
maybe booting with the SD card use a different setting than booting without the SD card (setting store on USB if no SD is inserted).

But removing the SD card once the loader is launched shouldn't fix your problem (it may even create more problem).

Check your settings files on SD/usb.
You can set the split size to 2GB, 4GB, none.

Maybe there's a problem with splitting files at 2GB (I think most users are splitting at 4GB).
I don't remove the sd card when the loader is launched, there isn't one inserted. I installed the channel that doesn't require a sd card to be inserted for usb loader gx to load. The majority of the setting stored in the sd card are default I just disabled rumble, bgm and enabled initialize network, wiinnertag.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, then that's really understandable...

Why would having the SD card inserted would block the dump process only for you? :unsure:
Other users didn't report any problem.

Could you try launching the SD version (apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol) either from the homebrew channel or from the forwarder?
Maybe using the channel is the problem (though, I don't think there's a different, the program is in memory only and close + re-init all the devices the same way on boot).

Liam Howell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this problem too but it doesnt seem to be the sd card i can take it out and itll still get blocked some how whats going on?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
then it's not the same problem....

The bug reported above is fixed (or it should be).
it was an issue with NTFS USB + FAT32 SD. the loader checked the first encountered partition (SD card) to determine the file split size.

For your issue:
1. update the loader, don't use the full channel, launch from HBC or forwarder.
2. try different cIOS version (v8, v10, v10-alt) base 56, or IOS58
3. try a different device (flash drives have issues, while HDD works better).

Liam Howell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply cyan i figured it out after lots of headaches and stress what it was was that my cioses were all wrong and i had to update them to the newest version i used the d2x cios. Also where would i post in regards to GameCube help my Super Mario Sunshine disc is scratched up and i cant install it so ive been trying to figure out how to just install it to my Usb Harddrive but it hasnt been showing up.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's scratched to prevent you from dumping it?
Or could you still dump the game?

You can use USBLoaderGX or CleanRIP to dump gamecube games.
USBLoaderGX dump it to the correct place, and rename it as expected by the loader.

If you use cleanrip, it will dump on the root of your drive.
Then you need to rename the game to "game.iso" (g+a+m+e, not the game's title)
and place it in /games/whateveryouwant/game.iso

Liam Howell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i completely run the entire game cube game from usb? it wont let me change the game path to usb when i try to change it to SD GameCube Path it says error this path must be on sd! but when i keep it in the main GameCube path it says The game is on USB do you want to copy the game to sd or delete a game on sd?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it asks to copy to SD if :

- You have an old USBLoaderGX (for example 3.0 r1180)
- You have an updated USBLoaderGX but installed DIOS MIOS Lite and try to launch a game using MIOS method

solution 1 : update the loader (from the internal update menu, in the settings)
solution 2 : install DIOS MIOS to run games from USB, or use Nintendont, or Devolution.

SomeWeirdSin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Liam Howell,

Activate NMM under your Dios Mios settings (Settings/Loader Settings/NMM Mode: On). It is a gamecube memory card emulator, but it doesn't work with all games. I think it saves to your SD card, but I'm not 100% sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: