Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you talked about Gamecube games, then it depend the loader you are using :

DIOS MIOS (Lite) : enable NMM setting
Devolution : enable Memory card Emulation setting
Nintendont : enable Memory card Emulation setting
Retail Gamecube disc : You can use DIOS MIOS (lite) and launch the disc from the loader, but I don't remember if NMM setting works.
if it doesn't, you can install the real MIOS v10 back, and instead of BC v6, you can install NMM as standalone version (it's a patched BC, saving to SD instead of memory card).
Don't forget to reinstall official BC v6 if you want to play with DM(L).

If you talked about wii games:
Set the "EmuNAND Save" option to "Partial".
It will save all savegames to the folder defined in Settings> user's path > "EmuNAND Save Folder".
You can extract a game save from the game's preferences, or extract all existing saves from your wii to "EmuNAND Save Folder" from Settings>Features>Extract all saves.

About the message to copy to SD:
Go to settings > Credit > look at the top.
Verify all your versions.
It should tell you USBLoaderGX 3.0 r1226 (or newer)... NOT 1180
it should tell you DIOS MIOS v2.10 (or 2.11), NOT DIOS MIOS Lite
if you have both version correct, let me know.

Liam Howell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so in the top right corner of my screen it says Rev1229 IOS249 (rev 65535) + AHB (d2x v10beta52 base56) I dont believe i have the DIOS MIOS on there although it does show up in the settings and it now says to change to a differrent loader or install a new one to play games from sd or usb also disregard last post my cheats were clashing with one another

SomeWeirdSin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so in the top right corner of my screen it says Rev1229 IOS249 (rev 65535) + AHB (d2x v10beta52 base56) I dont believe i have the DIOS MIOS on there although it does show up in the settings and it now says to change to a differrent loader or install a new one to play games from sd or usb also disregard last post my cheats were clashing with one another

Well, If you are trying to play a gc game, then you need Dios Mios or Nintendont. I recommend Dios Mios, but it's more about personal preference. Dios Mios lite will allow you to boot games from your sd, while Dios Mios loads games from your HDD. Not all HDD's are compatible, but pretty much all sd's are. I'm a little confused by what your problem is though to be honest. I know you said that you are having a hard time ripping your Super Mario Sunshine to usb-loader gx, and that you think it's because the game is scratched. Is that right?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you don't have the DIOS MIOS version (at the top left), then it's either not detecting it, or it's not installed.

In both cases, the loader should tell you that you need to install it in order to play gamecube games with MIOS.
It shouldn't tell you to copy games to SD if DIOS MIOS/DIOS MIOS Lite is not detected at all.

Did you try to reinstall DIOS MIOS v2.11 ?
is your "gamecube mode" set to MIOS in the global loader's setting? (there's Mios, devolution or nintendont as possible gamecube mode)
Gamecube Source should be set to Auto
Gamecube Main path should be set to USB1:/games/
Gamecube SD path should be set to SD:/games/

Liam Howell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes thats right and ive never installed either one i just thought it came with usb loader gx that must be my problem where can i find DIOS MIOS lite and regular?

Liam Howell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thank you for all your help guys im trying but i tryed setting them all on but it says to use a different loader which is probably because i havnt installed it

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah, the message is from within USBLoaderGX?
It's not a message from DIOS MIOS?

If it's in USBLoaderGX, it's because you don't have DIOS MIOS (Lite) installed, so it tells you that if you want to launch gamecube ISO you need to choose a different loader : Devolution or Nintendont.
(or you need to actually install DIOS MIOS or DIOS MIOS Lite)
I'm a little limited in space in USBLoaderGX, so writing help message is not very easy.

DIOS MIOS (Lite) :
http://gbatemp.net/threads/dios-mios-lite.329342/
Go to the googlecode link > download tab.
install DIOS MIOS if your ISO are on USB
install DIOS MIOS Lite if your ISO are on SD
You can have DM(L) installed, and also have Devolution and nintendont options.
To install DM or DML, use a wad manager.
installing one MIOS will remove the previous MIOS. You can't have multiple MIOS at the same time, so choose/replace MIOS when you need based on the location of your ISO.

Devolution:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/devolution-public-release.330554/
put the boot.dol in sd:/apps/devolution/

Nintendont:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-crediars-new-project.349258/
put the boot.dol in sd:/apps/nintendont/

To choose which gamecube loader you want to use in USBLoaderGX:
Settings > Loader settings > Gamecube section > Gamecube mode : MIOS (use this option for : retail disc, cMIOS, DIOS MIOS, DIOS MIOS Lite), Devolution, Nintendont

NoOBPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am new in Wii modding and I have the same problem that Liam Howell had but I dont understand waht I have to do. Can anybody say me what I have to do ? I have this problem for quit a while but Nobody could help me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's certainly better than the first but it's not awesome either.