MrFrogMKWII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
USB Loader GX and USB Loader CFG problems on launch
So I used Usb loader GX a long time and backed up some games with it. It worked all fine. I could load them from usb too.
Then I heard about Dios Mios to backup Gc games and tried to install it. But at this time I had no gc game and I haven't used my Usb Loader for Months. I only played some Ctgp (mkwii). Now I got a new hard drive (Ntfs) and I put the games from my old Usb stick on the new Usb drive. But now when I try to launch a game with USB Loader GX, it does not work. So, I launch USB loader GX from Wii menu and I get kicked back in the Wii menu when I try to start a Game from my old backups. If I launch USB Loader GX from Homebrew, I get kicked back in the Homebrew application.

Now I have an Imgur link from a few pictures I took from CFG Usb loader, because you can see more 'data/informations'. The Cios is installed. I even tried to install the cios again but it still doesnt work :(

The last picture shows what I get if I try to start the wbfs backup from the CFG loader. Cios 249 and many dots. I ripped the wbfs by myself and on dolphin they work perfectly fine.

Does anybody know what to do about this problem? I dont want to fully reinstall homebrew because it is such a pain. I hope you can help me out. thx

Imgur link for pictures: http://imgur.com/a/K48Di (because pictures do not work in my thread for some reason)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
note that you can't use NTFS to play gamecube games.
wii games are fine with that partition format, but not gamecube which require FAT32 (or exFAT, but wii games don't).
I don't remember which cIOS version added NTFS support for Wii games, that might be your issue here.
best format to get everything working is FAT32.

Based on the picture you posted, you may have an old setup.
you have "rev20" in your slot 249 and 250. you are about 10 revision behind.
update your cIOS to "d2x cIOS v8 final" (or v10 r52, but do not use the latest v10 r53 which has issues. just go with v8 final)
install these bases : 56 in slot249, 57 in slot250 are the common setup found in most guides, (even if I wouldn't recommend this anymore, I would just swap the base to get 57 in 249 for compatibility reason.

updating cIOS:
1. get this pack for Wii
2. create a folder : SD:/apps/d2x_installer/
3. extract all the pack in that folder

4. on wii, be sure you have internet connection working
5. launch HBC and then d2x installer
6. select this:
what : d2x v8 final
where : 249
base : 57
version 21008
Press A to install it from network, when completed, do the same with base56 in slot 250

once done, press Home button to exit.

You also have an OLD gamecube loader : DIOS MIOS 2.2 is old, latest is 2.11
DIOS MIOS by itself is old, if you heard about it, you read too old guide. don't follow old softmod guide, they can be dangerous.

you should look for Nintendont instead, which work with both SD and USB, supports 100% games and audio streaming, supports FAT32 and exFAT, supports lot of things that DIOS MIOS (Lite) don't.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: MrFrogMKWII

MrFrogMKWII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
note that you can't use NTFS to play gamecube games.
wii games are fine with that partition format, but not gamecube which require FAT32 (or exFAT, but wii games don't).
I don't remember which cIOS version added NTFS support for Wii games, that might be your issue here.
best format to get everything working is FAT32.

Based on the picture you posted, you may have an old setup.
you have "rev20" in your slot 249 and 250. you are about 10 revision behind.
update your cIOS to "d2x cIOS v8 final" (or v10 r52, but do not use the latest v10 r53 which has issues. just go with v8 final)
install these bases : 56 in slot249, 57 in slot250 are the common setup found in most guides, (even if I wouldn't recommend this anymore, I would just swap the base to get 57 in 249 for compatibility reason.

updating cIOS:
1. get this pack for Wii
2. create a folder : SD:/apps/d2x_installer/
3. extract all the pack in that folder

4. on wii, be sure you have internet connection working
5. launch HBC and then d2x installer
6. select this:
version 21008
Press A to install it from network, when completed, do the same with base56 in slot 250

once done, press Home button to exit.

You also have an OLD gamecube loader : DIOS MIOS 2.2 is old, latest is 2.11
DIOS MIOS by itself is old, if you heard about it, you read too old guide. don't follow old softmod guide, they can be dangerous.

you should look for Nintendont instead, which work with both SD and USB, supports 100% games and audio streaming, supports FAT32 and exFAT, supports lot of things that DIOS MIOS (Lite) don't.

Ok I added the d2x installer to my homebrew channel and did the following:
version 21008

where : 250
base : 56
version 21008

I'll just write it here so I remember tomorrow, I thought I could to it today, but my Wii doesn't list up my Wlan acces point any more :wacko: Anyway. Its really late
Is the old Dios Mios a problem? because I dont want to change anything about it. I dont own a GC game so I dont really need it.

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ok I added the d2x installer to my homebrew channel and did the following:
version 21008

where : 250
base : 56
version 21008

I'll just write it here so I remember tomorrow, I thought I could to it today, but my Wii doesn't list up my Wlan acces point any more :wacko: Anyway. Its really late
Is the old Dios Mios a problem? because I dont want to change anything about it. I dont own a GC game so I dont really need it.
please follow it. try to reinstall cios 249 from waninkoko and ios 236. For Gc Gamestation try it with nintendont. i put my wii Games and gc games also in fat32 drive and work perfectly

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, please, don't try to reinstall waninkoko's cIOS. it's old, and it will replace both 249 and 250 with the same (old) version.
you don't need IOS236 anymore, now all homebrew use IOS58 to get signature patch instead of cIOS236

He just need to update his cIOS to d2x v8 final. (base57 is almost the only one he needs, but base56 could be useful one day)

also, his issue is probably the NTFS format. unless you play only Wii games and don't care about gamecube, but one day ... maybe. you don't know.
better have the proper format instead of needing to reformat your drive to try gamecube or any other homebrew (emulators, etc.)

Last edited by Cyan,

MrFrogMKWII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you @Cyan. I exactly followed your instructions and now I can load from my USB again! Btw in a German forum, it says that NTFS format is the best format to work with USB loader GX. But I think I will reformat it later this day. Thank you for your amazing help:bow::yaywii:

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NTFS is not "the best", it works, that's all.
To be "best" It might depend what you want to do with that drive.

NTFS allows you to use your partition for OTHER THINGS than console's related, for example store HD video or bluray dump ISO, etc. as it can store single file bigger than 4GB, but that's only in case you use your partition on your computer as storage or media player purpose.
If you want a drive dedicated to homebrew, OR you expect to use another type of homebrew (there's not only USBLoaders, there are media players, there are emulators, games, system tools, etc.), you'd better use FAT32
it's the most common format for ALL devices, not necessarily consoles. that format work on all devices, OS, computers, TVs, etc.

NTFS will work only with Wii ISO, WiiMC media player... that's probably all.

MrFrogMKWII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now I have discovered some new issues :(
Here are the 'screenshots': http://imgur.com/a/sOQTr
The first error is in cfg usb loader. If I try to load for example DKCR or any other game I get the error in the blue picture. But I dont want to use cfg usb loader, so it is not as important as the second error. When I try to launch for example my Anno Wii Backup then I get the Exeption (DSI) occured! - error. But Usb loader gx works with games like DKCR. Mario Kart Wii kicks me back in the Wii Menu, but the wbfs hack Wiims MK fun 2017, for what I used my MKwii game to patch the Mkwii hack, works.

Update: The Exeption (DSI) occured! - error on launch off Anno only happened once. Now it just freezes the Wii screen and I get a weird sound bug. :sad:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update 2: Seems that Anno is bugged because it is only 154 mb but should be 1,1 GB. I also cleaned the disc and did a 2nd backup but still only 154 mb. Even Dolphin doesnt list it. I try Cleanrip now

Wellp I cant use cleanrip. Pitfall also gets the Exeotion (DSI) occured! - Error. Wow now I am helpless

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it's a flash drive, don't try to dump game on it. it won't work and you'll probably get a corrupted game dump.
Don't use flashdrive at all on Wii and WiiU. (even nintendo tells to not use them)
dumping on SD should work, as long as your game is less than 4GB you can use it.

you can verify your games with WiiBackupManager's Sha1 option.

MrFrogMKWII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeaaah in the same moment I found out the the games that i had dumped before work fine but the games that I had dumped today didnt work.

Seems that I am lucky because back in the days when I did my first backups, I used an Usb stick. This stick now works fine and I can backup Anno on it, draw it on my flashdrive and then it works on the flashdrive

Reactions: Cyan

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
no, please, don't try to reinstall waninkoko's cIOS. it's old, and it will replace both 249 and 250 with the same (old) version.
you don't need IOS236 anymore, now all homebrew use IOS58 to get signature patch instead of cIOS236

He just need to update his cIOS to d2x v8 final. (base57 is almost the only one he needs, but base56 could be useful one day)

also, his issue is probably the NTFS format. unless you play only Wii games and don't care about gamecube, but one day ... maybe. you don't know.
better have the proper format instead of needing to reformat your drive to try gamecube or any other homebrew (emulators, etc.)
I've to use waninkokos cios and this is the best if you are wrong to install some cios it will get some error.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the only problem I know of a bad installation is Wiimote un-syncing.
it's fixed by reinstalling the cIOS.
I don't know when or why it happens, but I don't see what issue he will have to try, it's not dangerous as he can only install it in inert slots (not on IOS80)

he can test and install as much IOS as he want, I don't see a reason not to try.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: