Hacking USB Loader GX and my HD?

inadog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have an external hard drive that I've been using for a few years. I've recently started using backups for my Wii. I want to use this Hard Drive with USB Loader GX (which I have working with DVDs and another 1GB USB), but I when I try to make a WBFS partition, I hear it will delete all of the data all ready on my HD and I don't have the means to back it up. Is there a way to use USB Loader GX to load my HD on NTFS format as it is. I heard that you need Hermes cios, if so, how do I install that in detail?

Thanks in Advance
yaywii.gif

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
inadog said:
So I have an external hard drive that I've been using for a few years. I've recently started using backups for my Wii. I want to use this Hard Drive with USB Loader GX (which I have working with DVDs and another 1GB USB), but I when I try to make a WBFS partition, I hear it will delete all of the data all ready on my HD and I don't have the means to back it up. Is there a way to use USB Loader GX to load my HD on NTFS format as it is. I heard that you need Hermes cios, if so, how do I install that in detail?

Thanks in Advance
yaywii.gif
Last I tried GX works fine on a ntfs drive without doing anything special.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
inadog said:
OK. Let me try it out. You do need a wbsf folder though right?
Yes you'll need the wbfs folder still. Only trouble I had with NTFS is it was picky when it came to the file names, once I started transfering the games over with wii backup manager or ripping the games with my loader straight to the drive it worked fine.

inadog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies!

I connected my HD to my wii and started usb loader gx. It recognized the backup I had on my HD but when I try to play it all I is a black screen and I have turn off my wii.

Any ideas?

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure you have the newest version of usb loader gx and install cios d2x v6 with base 56, and you should have basically perfect game compatibility, if that fails download the newest version of wii flow, its a better usb loader visually and compatibility wise.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
serenade.63 said:
make sure you have the newest version of usb loader gx and install cios d2x v6 with base 56, and you should have basically perfect game compatibility, if that fails download the newest version of wii flow, its a better usb loader visually and compatibility wise.
Adding to what serenade.63 said, i'd install the v6 d2x cios to slot 250 with base 57 as well.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If the game is from another region, verify that the video setting is set to "Game default" instead of "console default" (it's the default setting, but maybe you changed it without remembering). Check also the game language setting, sometime we can click and change this setting line too quickly when going into a sub-menu.

Also, if you use the latest beta (1108), don't enable debugger started in paused mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...