• Thread starter myspacee
  • Start date
  • Views 45,903
  • Replies 8
M

myspacee

OP
Hello to all,
i'm reading from USB laoder gx that reading FAT32 wbfs file format.

Code:
ÂÂÂÂLoads game from *.wbfs file on FAT32 partition (works only with Hermes cIOS).

ÂÂÂÂThis version has FAT support. You can change the used partition in the game load
ÂÂÂÂoptions. Default WBFS will be used, if found. Otherwise the first FAT partition
ÂÂÂÂwith games will be used. FAT will only work when using Hermes cios (222/223)!!!

Maybe someone with more experience can post some instruction to prepare
usb hardisk (eg: folder structure) and prepare some howto to install prperly cios 222/223) ?

Thank you for reading,

m.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
myspacee said:
Hello to all,
i'm reading from USB laoder gx that reading FAT32 wbfs file format.

Code:
ÂÂÂÂLoads game from *.wbfs file on FAT32 partition (works only with Hermes cIOS).

ÂÂÂÂThis version has FAT support. You can change the used partition in the game load
ÂÂÂÂoptions. Default WBFS will be used, if found. Otherwise the first FAT partition
ÂÂÂÂwith games will be used. FAT will only work when using Hermes cios (222/223)!!!

Maybe someone with more experience can post some instruction to prepare
usb hardisk (eg: folder structure) and prepare some howto to install prperly cios 222/223) ?

Thank you for reading,

m.
all you need do is
1. Format hard disk too FAT32
2.Make a folder named wbfs on the root directory of the FAT32 hard drive
3.Use wbfs_file Simple Gui.exe on your computer to turn your .iso into .wbfs files
4.Place .wbfs file in wbfs folder on hard drive
5.When installing cIOS222 use 38 and 37 merge and cIOS223 38 and 60 merge
6.Set UsbloaderGX to boot from cIOS 222 and bobs ya uncle

Reactions: alexz

jaykop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what are the benifits for having my exteral hard drive in fat32 format instead of wbfs format as at the moment i use the wbfs format and i have 283 games on it but if i do it in fat32 format how does it work please can someone advise me thanx

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jaykop said:
what are the benifits for having my exteral hard drive in fat32 format instead of wbfs format as at the moment i use the wbfs format and i have 283 games on it but if i do it in fat32 format how does it work please can someone advise me thanx
Having it as FAT32 means you can still use it on your PC to store other data unrelated to the Wii.

jaykop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yea but does it still take the crap out of the 4.6 gig iso and is their any other benifits for using fat32

M

myspacee

OP
thank you all for info,
try this weekend to pass all to FAT. I can add one benifit. Is possible to join also
NAND folder structure to use with Triiforce (Wiiware related). Not a small thing.

Thank you again,

m.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jaykop said:
yea but does it still take the crap out of the 4.6 gig iso and is their any other benifits for using fat32
Pretty sure you read the FAQ but yes it does scrub the ISO down to just the game size.

Main benefit for me is that I now have all my Wii games and ROMs for emulators on one partition. I also store cover and disc images on the drive too. No need to memory manage and end up with either too much or too little space in the partitions. Plus if I ever have to back up the drive it's as easy as drag and drop.

hotsammysliz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if you can still use a game channel from the wii menu for a game even its on the FAT partition. i use Loadstructor to make me channel wads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...