Hacking USB Loader GX 2.0 backups freeze during play.

knigitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently updated to USB Loader GX 2.0 with Waninkoko rev21
All my backups on my 1TB Western Digital USB drive consistently freeze during play, this did not happen with Waninkoko rev17(I think it was) and the older USB Loader... When I first had upgraded USB Loader GX it said my old Waninkoko rev was too old, and games stopped launching all together (black screen), that is why I updated to rev21.

Anyone else experiencing issues? My next step is to update my Hermes 222 and try that new rev. I think you can install it 222-224, where's the best place?

knigitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found that going to Waninkoko rev20 over IOS56 fixed the issue, at least in my testing so far... Maybe it's IOS58 or rev21 that was the issue.

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
Every USB Loader GX problem I've had has been fixed by changing to CFG USB Loader. If you don't want to do that try changing your cIOS rev and base IOS.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
somedrunkenidiot said:
Every USB Loader GX problem I've had has been fixed by changing to CFG USB Loader. If you don't want to do that try changing your cIOS rev and base IOS.

Always nice to see an educated and helpful reply!

The problem could be with the WD hard drive if you have GX running on 249 Waninkoko's rev 21 on base 56.

I have 222 rev 4 Base 38, 223 rev 4 base 37 merged with 38, 224 rev 5.1 base 56. I also have 249 rev 21 base 56 and 250 rev 21 base 57.

Using 249 (GX default) I had loads of issues of game / controller lag, by changing the hard drive from a WD to a Seagate this was cured, however using 222 as the master cios for GX also solved the issues

knigitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kittymat said:
somedrunkenidiot said:

Always nice to see an educated and helpful reply!

The problem could be with the WD hard drive if you have GX running on 249 Waninkoko's rev 21 on base 56.

I have 222 rev 4 Base 38, 223 rev 4 base 37 merged with 38, 224 rev 5.1 base 56. I also have 249 rev 21 base 56 and 250 rev 21 base 57.

Using 249 (GX default) I had loads of issues of game / controller lag, by changing the hard drive from a WD to a Seagate this was cured, however using 222 as the master cios for GX also solved the issues

WD HDD Fat32 1TB
I have a 3.3U, was running an older USB Loader GX channel with Waninkoko rev17 -- worked fine. However, my NES/SNES emulators would often stop initializing my USB HDD correctly forcing me to need to restart the Wii to fix.

I updated Waninkoko to rev21 and updated all my emulators to the newest versions. This fixed that issue. Then I launched USB Loader GX and it said it didn't support rev17, I tried to launch a game and sure enough, black screen. Updating to the newest USB Loader allowed me to launch games again, but they would freeze during play, usually 5-10min in. Downgrading Waninkoko to rev20 fixed that issue, and all things seem to be working okay now.

Waninkoko rev20 is based with IOS 56 on 248, I may of had it on 249 with the same base at rev21.. I did stick IOS 58 on for some of the channel forwarder installs to work from the Homebrew channel. I'm pretty sure I also reinstalled the homebrew channel after installing IOS 58.

T

TheRealVisitor

knigitz said:
I found that going to Waninkoko rev20 over IOS56 fixed the issue, at least in my testing so far... Maybe it's IOS58 or rev21 that was the issue.

Its totally nonsense to install a cios with ios58 as base. Why Wanin has choosen it as the first selectable in rev21? Most games run properly with 57, 56 or 38 as base, but not 58. The only game that uses ios58 officially is Your Shape that won't run from usb, because the usb cam won't work when another usb device is connected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...