USB Loader + GeckoOS (Brawl+)

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by vinikun, Jun 15, 2009.

Jun 15, 2009

USB Loader + GeckoOS (Brawl+) by vinikun at 3:28 PM (19,003 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. vinikun
    OP

Newcomer vinikun Advanced Member

United States
    Anyone figure out a way to run Brawl+ via USB Loader using GeckoOS? With the latest Brawl+ codesets, Ocarina can no longer be used and Gecko is the only option. Is there a way to have GeckoOS load the USB loader channel and use codes or something like that?

2. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    There are some USB Loaders with GeckoOS built in.

3. vinikun
    OP

United States
    Really? Which ones?

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    I think it does not help for this. The new closed source Gecko OS can use larger cheat files, and i think that's what Brawl+ uses.

5. vinikun
    OP

United States
    Are there any options? I don't have a modchip installed. I managed to burn a working DVD5 version of brawl... but I have no clue how to boot from GeckoOS with backups...

6. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Yup, WiiPower is right...Brawl+ uses the "new" Ocarina, which allows larger files, and which is (sadly) closed source [​IMG]. What you could do? Well...buy the f****** game. It's the money worth, belive me [​IMG]. If you are a 100% pirate, install cIOSCORP, this should help....

Oh, and I'm not shure if the Cheats works for the DVD5 Version...Get the DVD9-Version...

7. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    No need for full cioscorp. cIOS36 from cioscorp is enough to play it from the new Gecko OS.

8. Zantetsu

Newcomer Zantetsu Advanced Member

United States
    It's possible if you use a USB loader with Ocarina support. Once you've done that, go back in the past and use the old snapshot method to load large amounts of codes.

If you don't know what the snapshot method is, it's basically a codelist that fits for ocarina and the codelist allows you to load codelists that are compressed into snapshot files.

If you're not sure how to do all of this, feel free to add my Windows Live address if you use that. I can help you out with all of it over that since it took me forever to get everything working and no one should have to go through the trouble I did [​IMG]

Windows Live: Zantetsu17@live.com

9. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    does anyone have a link so I can look into this "snapshot method"? I've searched, but I keep finding stuff on brawl screen snapshots which isn't helpful at all. Any help anyone can offer so that I can get Brawl+ to work off of configurable usb loader would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

10. GolfDude

Member GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    brawlplus.net

go to downlaods and siimply download the snapshot files.. there are 2.. one works right off the bat, the 2nd one you activate by going into brawl's snapshot area and clicking on the "jumbled" photo and thats it..

11. XFlak

Canada
    thanks a lot! I will try it out as soon as i get home.

will it work if i only take the first snapshot file (SnapshotLoaderRSBE01.gct renamed to RSBE01.gct) or do i need them both? (if i need them both, where do i save the second snapshot file "al_5-0.bin")

12. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Aehm...you know that the latest NeoGamma (R8 latest) has now fully integrated the Ocarina-Engine, so Brawl+ works now with the normal cheat.gtc File from USB and DVD? No more Snapshot required...just to let you know...

13. XFlak

Canada
    that's cool! but neogamma only supports wbfs (not fat32) which is what i'm using, but thanks for the heads up!

any comments re my Q above?

14. GolfDude

Member GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    brawl plus only loads on sd cards.. hard drive wbfs/fat/ntfs means nothing.. and usb loader means nothing with the snapshot method.. you just need ocarina set to on in your loader.... brawl plsu reads directly off the sd card

you need both files.. the first file loads 3 starter codes to allow the 2nd file to load the rest (it breaks the codes up so it doesnt freeze the loaders)

al_5-0.bin has to go in your sd cards folder called private/wii/app/RSBE/al/ (create it if it doesnt exist)

15. XFlak

Canada
    ok, brawl+ is saved on the sd card, and I'll save snapshotLoaderRSBE01.gct (renamed to RSBE01.gct) under my codes directory, al_5-0.bin has to go in the sd cards folder called private/wii/app/RSBE/al/
    Then all I have to do is launch the game from configurable usb loader with ocarina turned on

thanks for all your help, i really appreciate it

edit: it worked for me, thanks a lot for all your help!

16. davidw89

Member davidw89 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Could you detail how you managed to do this? Which usb loader did you use? Where did you get those files? How to turn on ocarina?

17. BionicSonic

Newcomer BionicSonic Member

United States
    For the files part:

1. Download the Windows updater from http://brawlplus.net/downloads/updater.exe

2. Pick option 3 when it loads, the snapshot method. Insert SD card, enter in SD card letter, etc. Should download the necessary files and tell you when it's done.

3. Launch NeoGamma (the Brawl+ Backroom isn't recommending people use R8 RC1 because it has the SD card bug), go to Config Options, set Ocarina ON to Yes, and a Hook Type to anything but None (whatever works).

4. Launch the game (make sure you can see the custom "Buffer" strap screen), go into Vault > Album, go into your SD card, look at the distorted snapshot (where its loading its main codes), then Brawl+ should be enabled.

* Alternatively, giantpune's Updatifier r11 loads Brawl+ from USB with a few clicks using Hermes's cIOS, but I don't have the download link on me right now. Your IOS36 has to be updated & patched with trucha, however.