Homebrew USB Loader freezes half the time

Jimmybwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone

I have managed to softmod my wii and successfully used USB loader to make a backup of wii sports and New Super Mario Bros.

The problem I am having is that half the time I start up USB loader from homebrew it freezes on the black screen before it can even start, forcing me to pull the power cord out of my wii. The other half of the time it works perfectly. The USB Loader app is kept on a micro SD card and launched from Homebrew.

I am not sure if it is the USB loader app or Homebrew that has the problem. Once homebrew froze just after I clicked the start button for it.

Any ideas why this might be happening and what I could do about it? I have done quite a bit of searching the forums but usually people are talking about USB Loader freezing during copy or when using it to launch a game, or during a game. Not freezing before it can even start and only half the time.

BTW, I suspect that often pulling out the power cord may harm my wii, would that be correct?

Thanks

Jim

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Jimmybwii said:
Hi everyone

I have managed to softmod my wii and successfully used USB loader to make a backup of wii sports and New Super Mario Bros.

The problem I am having is that half the time I start up USB loader from homebrew it freezes on the black screen before it can even start, forcing me to pull the power cord out of my wii. The other half of the time it works perfectly. The USB Loader app is kept on a micro SD card and launched from Homebrew.

I am not sure if it is the USB loader app or Homebrew that has the problem. Once homebrew froze just after I clicked the start button for it.

Any ideas why this might be happening and what I could do about it? I have done quite a bit of searching the forums but usually people are talking about USB Loader freezing during copy or when using it to launch a game, or during a game. Not freezing before it can even start and only half the time.

BTW, I suspect that often pulling out the power cord may harm my wii, would that be correct?

Thanks

Jim
I think pulling the power cord isn't the best idea. Is there something wrong with your power button?

As for the USB Loader, have you tried others like GX, Configurable, Wiiflow?

Jimmybwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Gamesoul,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried any others yet, I have just looked up wiiflow as you mentioned and will give that a go. It just seems funny to me that it works perfectly half the time and the other half not at all. I would have thought that if something wasn't right it would simply not work period but obviously something is wrong. If the problem really isn't very common perhaps it's simply the micro DS card I keep USB loader on. Maybe it's faulty and I should buy another one.

Thanks

Jim

Posts merged

Oh, in answer to your other question, I have to pull the power cord out because once it freezes on the black screen the power button doesn't have any effect. Otherwise the power button works fine.

Jim

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jimmybwii said:
Oh, in answer to your other question, I have to pull the power cord out because once it freezes on the black screen the power button doesn't have any effect. Otherwise the power button works fine.

Jim
rolleyes.gif

Have you tried holding the Power button down for more than 4 seconds?

Jimmybwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Hatsu

No, I usually just give the button a quick press. See, I knew I was a noob!
blink.gif
I will try doing that next time.

Cheers

Jim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...